Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Marauder
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.26.2010, 09:53 AM   #1
thecarofmiki
empty page

thecarofmiki has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
There was a mention that Thurston's old Marauder was stolen and is somewhere in the Balkans. I think I may have gotten my hands on it, and I now ask for your help on how to contact him or whoever. Tried the emails on the site, no reply. Thanks in advance.
thecarofmiki is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2010, 10:32 AM   #2
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Hey, welcome!
According to the omniscent Chris Lawrence's gear guide seems like the marauder that got stolen already found it's way back in Mr.T.'s hands..
Dunno if it's 100% confirmed...
And actually I dunno if you're talking about the same theft/guitar...
Anyways, could you upload a couple pics of the guitar?
Both for "comparison" and to have a look at it, I always liked those Gibsons.. .
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2010, 09:53 AM   #3
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
yes according to Chris L the guitar was found but not sure how that was confirmed, not sure if there is a serial # on that particular guitar...

if you still think it could be Thurston's you could try contacting the his web adminstrator/co-partner? Andrew Kesin, at Thurston's label, Ecstatic Peace Records...

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.27.2010, 10:08 AM   #4
echocanyon
Administrator

echocanyon has disabled reputation
This was an interesting story- a guitar repair guy who works on SY's guitars one day showed up with the Marauder. Someone had had it for years and known it was Thurston's stolen guitar. They turned it in anonymously. It had been painted green.
echocanyon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth