Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Fuck Radiohead Fans!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.26.2006, 09:35 AM   #41
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
That is a really sick prognosis. Destiny's Child, Billy Ray Cyrus... Karma Police are real, aren't they? I saw that video in Rockhampton, Australia, in the fucking cold, freezing my boots off, in an army canteen, pining for home, reading Q mag over and over, smoking and eating chocolates (I was on light duty due to foot rot) and one of my camp mates took one look at Thom Yorke postulating that "we're still on the payroll"; and immediately proclaimed him a fucker. I refused to comment. I'm still holding my tounge to this day.
Old 05.26.2006, 09:40 AM   #42
candymoan
the end of the ugly

candymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's asses
i still think pablo honey is a grossly unappreciated album..

why the silence alyasa?
what do you think of thom yorke?

*/**
nothing here...

candymoan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 09:44 AM   #43
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Radiohead is nice.
If you don't like it you suck.
Old 05.26.2006, 09:52 AM   #44
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
I think Thom Yorke is nowhere near as good as he might think he is... But him and his mates have a good band who are so misunderstood, it's not funny. I really like The Bends a lot, and I cried when I heard Paranoid Android, while on pot. They were a band that defined a period for me, a weed and beer everyday period, before i went into the army... OK Computer seemed to be one of the most gloriously depressing albums I'd ever heard then, Exit Music was defiantly romantic in the face of hissing steam operated train doors and Electioneering and Lucky were great pop songs, Kid A and Amnesiac were good albums, with a unique slant on electronic music and rock. Thom Yorke maintained his sanity throughout, even with the stop start mania of pulk/pull revolving doors. I think Thom Yorke et al are really good musicians, but they're not really rock stars; and I've never understood why they became so immensely popular... Maybe I'm starting to see it now... Just another recycle bin icon, trash receptacle, OK Computer was the dumping ground of the world. ???
Old 05.26.2006, 10:00 AM   #45
candymoan
the end of the ugly

candymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's asses
i only hate the idea of sharing such a personal experience with a britney fan.. the lollipop generation / barbie wannabes / whatever..

those guys don't feel shame in listing radiohead along with lowest of pop scum available..
so, radiohead becomes more than mainstream, they become "fashionable" musical accesories, and i just don't like that..

*/**
nothing here...

candymoan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 10:02 AM   #46
alyasa
invito al cielo

But it works for them... I hope they appreciate what Thom Yorke has done for them one day... Namaste, brother...
Old 05.26.2006, 11:31 AM   #47
i'm a guitar
empty page

i'm a guitar ain't too shabbyi'm a guitar ain't too shabby
wohohohohoowww you like the POSTURE of those radiohead guys then???
Old 05.26.2006, 11:45 AM   #48
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Who cares if they're popular. As long as you like their music then that's all that matters. Ok computer for me is one of the best albums ever made.

In my experiance I've never seen some pop tarts who'd list britney,christina and radiohead next to each other.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 10:05 PM   #49
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Cut the shit, man. Radiohead are good. Just cuz some fans fuck around doesn't mean that they all do. You're just sore.
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2006, 09:23 PM   #50
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Why do Brits sing football chants at concerts?
Old 05.27.2006, 10:10 PM   #51
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
ha randomess are you serious? what i wanna know is why the fuck is music played when a goal/touch down is scored in america?!?! the organisers think the public are so fucking dumb that they don't know when to celebrate so they have to have music played to them as their cue ya boloks

No, I'm totally serious. The songs that the stadiums play are just to hype the crowd even further. We don't sing songs; we scream praise (or expletives...or both) at the top of our lungs. America is not a singing country for the most part. So, at a rock concert, what does the Manchester U fight song have to do with, say, Radiohead? I'm not attacking the notion, just very curious.

Also, if you ever go to a single American sporting event, you will KNOW in that one outing that we don't need cues to know when to celebrate/voice our opinions.
Old 05.27.2006, 10:46 PM   #52
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
the music is really good, but the singer caught billy corgan disease, the poor fellow.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2006, 10:53 PM   #53
Neongod
the destroyed room

Quote:
i guess singing at gigs is probably to create the loud party atmosphere of a footie game

Thank you...that makes sense. And yes, I have plenty of RH boots where they sing before the band takes the stage.

Hehe...footie game...sorry, I'm SO American...at least I called it football and knew one of the teams.
Old 05.28.2006, 12:48 AM   #54
Neongod
the destroyed room

Quote:
ha true you did call it football (rep is in the post), i never understood the soccer name tag it got in the states. about man utd i'm not surprised you knew them cos' they have more fans in baltimore and thailand than they do in manchester haha their fans are glory hunters.

Well, we already have a sport called football, and truth be told, it doesn't rely much on the foot unless you're a Latino. If you put it side by side with Rugby, it makes American football players look like pussies (especially with the whining of our players...coupled with the fact that the best make 5+ million$/year). Yet I'm still glued to the tele every Sunday during the season. I guess you have to live here to really appreciate it.

If you could only explain Cricket to me...that sport I just DO NOT get.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth