Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page So who's going to the Dallas show?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.21.2007, 07:19 PM   #1
avantgarde1
the end of the ugly

avantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's asses
i got my tickets in the mail a few days ago. haven't seen them since they were here last year at the gypsy tea room (r.i.p.). i'm kinda weary becuz it's the house of blues, but i hear it's a nice venue... although i wish they would've played the pallidium or the grenada instead. so who from here is going? speaking of the palladium, imma be at the interpol show there next week too. anyone going to that?

jonathon
avantgarde1 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.21.2007, 07:56 PM   #2
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
You must be psyched in Big D! Terrell has still got it, but the D needs some discipline. I lived in Dallas, only briefly, during the first part of 1989. In that time, I witnessed multiple Edie Brickell sightings, sundown showers, and thunderstorms. I prowled the apartment complex settlements of Holly Hills for parties. I also partied with Jane's Addiction at the 'Hash Palace' and was, unrelatedly, asked to become a male stripper, but declined, of course. This was all at the dying, waning height of the earliest Ecstasy scene. Dallas people are so restless that the chip-on-their-shoulders populance is forced to invent their own fun and drive out to see bats under bridges. Have some batty fun at Sonic Youth!
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.21.2007, 10:15 PM   #3
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I'll be at that show.

I saw Skinny Puppy at House of Blues a few months ago and although the beer will break yr wallet, it's a badass place to see a show. there's really not a bad place to stand.

it's going to rock balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
You must be psyched in Big D! Terrell has still got it, but the D needs some discipline. I lived in Dallas, only briefly, during a the first part of 1989. In that time, I witnessed multiple Edie Brickell sightings, sundown showers, and thunderstorms.

I lived there then too, and was on pretty heavy doses at that time as well! [/understatement]

I graduated in '89 up north in Lewisville (but not Lewisville High....I wasn't a Fighting Farmer).

and yeah, Peanut Brittle and the Neu Mesopotamians used to play free shows at the West End.

good times.

my best friend still lives down there, so I visit every few months. that's usually enough to cure me of missing the place. Big D's too big for it's britches these days.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth