Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Nicholas and Catherine Ceresole
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.17.2006, 08:36 PM   #1
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
I want to know more about them...you see their names in the liner notes of the early sy records, pics taken by them etc...anyone know what they're up to now? I guess I could search them but I don't feel like it.

I always though this story was funny about them:

From the BMR Liner notes (pasted from the Discography site)

"My favorite memory of this whole mess was when SY's zillionaire Swiss friends Nicholas and Catherine threw a fit when their names were mispelled on the sleeve. These two were art-loving benefactors who aside from throwing cash at SY, Live Skull, Rat At Rat R, Christian Marclay, Virgin Steele, etc., were also once the publishers (i.e. the $$$) behind Thurston's "Killer." Anyway, this dynamic duo didn't take too kindly to having their names fucked up on the record cover (this was Paul Smith's fault, by the way) and began to scream and holler about wanting their oodles of loot back virtually the same day the record came out. Best part was when Catherine said they "could've bought a boat" instead of lending SY the money. I don't know what kind of boat she meant, maybe a canoe."
-
Gerard Cosloy

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth