Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Big Bang Day
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.16.2009, 03:57 PM   #41
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
the only answers science ever claims to have are answers about the natural world around us.

why does deterium have an extra proton?

why does magnetism work even though the magnet is broken in half?

why does the sun send or not send out neutrinos?

Do birds migrate following the earth's magnetic field?

there are a BILLION questions that the scientific method can answer.
of course there are a billion times a billion questions that science canno answer, but this includes invalid questions such as

are green eyes a sign that someone is gay?

can I use a typewriter in heaven?

will I win the lottery tomorrow?

dig?
Old 10.16.2009, 09:49 PM   #42
Sonic Youth Gossip
stalker

Sonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's asses
fuppet that shit rob
FUPPET IT
Sonic Youth Gossip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.17.2009, 11:57 AM   #43
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
the only answers science ever claims to have are answers about the natural world around us.

why does deterium have an extra proton?

why does magnetism work even though the magnet is broken in half?

dig?

you still don't get it..

science can't answer any questions about the natural world, its answers are not true. they are estimated, guesses, and the math only checks out to the person doing the equation. Just because it math checks for you, does not make it absolutely correct. As science itself has demonstrated in its evolution, the math changes over time. There are no absolutes, especially in science. Even Neal Degrasse Tyson explained so on NOVA talking about the evolution of our theories, and smiling at the thought of future theories making mockery of our current ones..

science does not get the answers to ANYTHING. the answers science gives are TEMPORARY, transitive, they are a kind of sophisticated collective mythology, but that is all. They are not concrete facts, there is no such thing as concrete facts. Even today's science teaches us that.. Our reality is a figment of our imaginations trying to make sense of the complex interaction of the energy of the universe...

science is a good idea, but it is the good idea of a current time, based upon a truly limited perspective.

The science of previous generations was as absolute, concrete and complete as we believe our science of today is, but obviously their science was inaccurate to portray the world we believe that we live in today, but the reality is these dense theories are just wonderful creation narratives. Science of today is simply the Genesis or Gilgamesh of the past written in the poetry of equations.. but NEVER think it is TRUE KNOWLEDGE or an ACCURATE OBSERVATION of reality. Science explains NOTHING.

If you believe that gravity and the strong nuclear forces are what makes atomic structure, what about as string theory DESTROYS the Billiard Ball model of the atom, essentially saying that perhaps these current theories are completely false?

MY POINT:

don't cling to science like a life raft of knowledge or truth.. it is no such thing. I live mystically, I do not know the truth at all, the only truth I know is that the truth is unknowable.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth