Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Lets talk about Confusion is sex!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.29.2010, 02:55 AM   #81
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashlight69
same sound as confusion is sex i would say closer. the first song on closer for example sounds so much like confusion is sex.
same spirit ? all the negative creeps have somehow the same spirit

itīs youst in chase of sonic youth it was more some kind of art concept. in chase of ian it was related to his real live, some kind of rockn roll suicide

I think that Ianīs suicide have nothing to do with rockīn`roll, I think he did it for his personal difficulties. I think music has been maybe his only relief for his difficulties. Only think that could depressed him associated with Joy Division was the upcoming JD american tour. Because he had had epilectic fits in concerts also, I think he was depressed about that, how he could manage that tour with his sickness.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.29.2010, 10:36 AM   #82
flashlight69
bad moon rising

flashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
I think that Ianīs suicide have nothing to do with rockīn`roll, I think he did it for his personal difficulties. I think music has been maybe his only relief for his difficulties. Only think that could depressed him associated with Joy Division was the upcoming JD american tour. Because he had had epilectic fits in concerts also, I think he was depressed about that, how he could manage that tour with his sickness.

quote : i think music has been maybe his only relief for his difficulties.

jup thats excat what i have talked about.

i personally did not think that the sonicīs that fucked up than ian.
flashlight69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2010, 04:11 AM   #83
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
This thread had so great impact to me, that I just listened all the stuff Sonic Youth made after EVOL (I even listened the studio versions for Kill Yr Idols and Early American from youtube)!! I was going to listen only Confusion, but I wanted to listen Confusion concentrating only in it (watching the lyrics from the paper), so I decided to put first mini-lp on, when was doing some homework. And after that I listened Flower, Halloween, Brother James, Satan is Boring and the whole Bad moon rising. Finally in the evening I had time to listen Confusion with the earphones! In this morning I listened also Sonic Death. And I have to say they all just so great, great albums!!! Maybe I at least totally understand their value!!! I have always thought that Making the nature is just a boring song but now I think it truly belongs into confusion. I still think those albums are kind of searching time in their career but what a great results it brought!!!

Itīs kind of fascinating that those every four albums are little different. I think it is caused because there is different drummer in every album. I think Confusion would not be so full of energy and powerful frustraded if there had been Bob Bert on drums (well he is on two tracks). But in the other hand Bob Bert fits just fine in Bad Moon Rising mostly harmonic atmosphere. And Richard Edison is just the right drummer on the first mini-lp, his clear sounded drumming fits well in the totally clear guitars. And Sonic Death is so unique, itīs more a work of art than a rockalbum (I donīt say rock isnīt art, I mean that the Sonic Death has kind of two entities, not songs, itīs kind of pre-syr-album).

I have to say that Sonic Youth is great example of democracy in rock bands (maybe only) because every member have a great impact on their albums. I think NYC ghost and Flowers, Murray Street and Nurse differs from Rather ripped because Jim was with those three albums. And also Eternal is a little different because there is Mark.

By the way it is heard very well in the early live in the Goofin re-release that Sonic Youth isnīt ready in that time. On the other hand I think there is better versions for Good and the Bad and Sheīs not alone than there is in first mini-lp. I think in some cases the first version is the best in songs, some need the evolution. In my opinion Stil and slapkammer are better than Snare and inneffable.
Old 12.01.2010, 04:21 AM   #84
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashlight69
quote : i think music has been maybe his only relief for his difficulties.

jup thats excat what i have talked about.

i personally did not think that the sonicīs that fucked up than ian.

I think everybody has to meet difficulties in his life, I think Sonic Youth members also have had difficulties and maybe they have reflected also for example in Confusion. But youīre right, Sonic Youth members and also most of us live through their difficulties, Ian couldnīt live through them and so his solution was suicide. I think suicide is always a bad solution but maybe in some lives some people just canīt live with their frustration anymore. I canīt judge anybody with his/her solutions but I still hope everybody find some other solution than suicide.
Old 12.01.2010, 02:50 PM   #85
logicalharm
little trouble girl

logicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asses
When getting properly into SY I decided to take the plunge and go chronological (I must have known that I was going to love them, seeing as I bought three CDs before even starting), so this was definitely a BIG introduction. I mean yes I did the self-titled first, but there's no way that could prepare one for "Shaking Hell" or "Bad Mood".
logicalharm is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2010, 05:43 PM   #86
flashlight69
bad moon rising

flashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's assesflashlight69 kicks all y'all's asses
my baseline to making the nature scene is :

E:0 00 3 00 000333 repeat
flashlight69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content Đ2006 Sonic Youth