Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I Found Myself in a Place I'd Rather Not Be Caught Dead in...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.25.2009, 04:40 PM   #21
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
funny thing that was actually my 3rd guess, i didn't want to write out every single place with house of pain covers though haah
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2009, 04:44 PM   #22
flophousefloozie
expwy. to yr skull

flophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's asses
Ha, they're all the same...
flophousefloozie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2009, 05:50 PM   #23
o'connor
expwy. to yr skull

o'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asses
wait... so it was a house of pain cover band? i wasn't aware those even existed.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001798646886 - Personal

http://soundcloud.com/j-o-c-o - JoCo (Music)

http://soundcloud.com/driftera - Drift Era (Music)
o'connor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2009, 07:37 PM   #24
flophousefloozie
expwy. to yr skull

flophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's asses
Nah, I just heard that song once...
Old 04.25.2009, 07:40 PM   #25
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
"Can you break up with a friend"?

I'd sure like to. I'm at a point in life where the only people I really enjoy being friends with are even more reclusive shut-ins than I have been lately.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2009, 08:00 PM   #26
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
"Can you break up with a friend"?

I'd sure like to. I'm at a point in life where the only people I really enjoy being friends with are even more reclusive shut-ins than I have been lately.

oh god, me too. i can't stand the people who are willing to see me often, some of the people who only talk to me when they need a ridiculous favor are aight though
Old 04.25.2009, 08:09 PM   #27
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I just feel so disconnected from everyone else. Nearly everyone I know is a big drug addict. That's how they deal with all their problems. I mean, sure, whatever works for them, but that's just not really my scene (not that I don't occasionally do some types of drugs... not often though). I dunno.

Old 04.25.2009, 08:21 PM   #28
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

i'm going to find myself in a place i'd rather not be caught dead in....mcdonalds canada is giving away free coffee during breakfast, no purchase needed. i feel as though my fast acting european digestive system can maybe put them out of business
Old 04.25.2009, 09:11 PM   #29
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
My wife last night decided that her return to the world of being a stripper had been a monumental bad decision (mostly because of the drinking and lack of respect that go with the territory and also that the big money is a thing of the past with the economy what it is).

So I'm happy she came to her senses and that our relationship survived this insane period (and there were some up parts I can look back on when I need fantasy material). And I'm completely freaked out to be the only income in a three person family at the moment.

I feel kind of like I've been in that nightclub with House of Pain covers pretending to have a good time for a few months now. And I've got the psychological equivalent of the hangover to show for it.

I've said it before, but Kim and Thurston make this married alternative couple stuff look way too fucking easy.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2009, 09:45 PM   #30
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I just feel so disconnected from everyone else. Nearly everyone I know is a big drug addict. That's how they deal with all their problems. I mean, sure, whatever works for them, but that's just not really my scene (not that I don't occasionally do some types of drugs... not often though). I dunno.

i totally feel this...it sucks when people would rather spend the night figuring out where/how to get their next drug instead of making music or something...blech
Old 04.25.2009, 10:35 PM   #31
flophousefloozie
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcharge
i'm going to find myself in a place i'd rather not be caught dead in....mcdonalds canada is giving away free coffee during breakfast, no purchase needed. i feel as though my fast acting european digestive system can maybe put them out of business

Best of luck to you!
Old 04.25.2009, 10:38 PM   #32
flophousefloozie
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
My wife last night decided that her return to the world of being a stripper had been a monumental bad decision (mostly because of the drinking and lack of respect that go with the territory and also that the big money is a thing of the past with the economy what it is).

So I'm happy she came to her senses and that our relationship survived this insane period (and there were some up parts I can look back on when I need fantasy material). And I'm completely freaked out to be the only income in a three person family at the moment.

I feel kind of like I've been in that nightclub with House of Pain covers pretending to have a good time for a few months now. And I've got the psychological equivalent of the hangover to show for it.

I've said it before, but Kim and Thurston make this married alternative couple stuff look way too fucking easy.

I think life is always a learning lesson, and like you said, you two survived it, so that's a huge deal. Do you have a kid? Is your wife looking for something else now? Serving, maybe? Big tips there...
Old 04.26.2009, 12:56 AM   #33
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by flophousefloozie
Anyway, most people I am close to, and respect, are finishing their degrees, or have already done that, and I dropped out of mine a couple years ago, and don't know if I'll even go back! I know they don't see me as being behind, simply because I've chosen a different path, and I'm sure you're people feel the same way...

Yup, I can relate to that, and I've kinda given up on trying to choose my path at the moment....I guess I'm scared that I'm well on my way to fading myself out of my own life, but am uninterested/unsure of any other option really.

How long can you stand in that room before you go batshit crazy? Or just comatose.
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2009, 10:39 AM   #34
flophousefloozie
expwy. to yr skull

Play it day by day, that's how I feel.
Old 04.26.2009, 11:36 AM   #35
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I think life is always a learning lesson, and like you said, you two survived it, so that's a huge deal. Do you have a kid? Is your wife looking for something else now? Serving, maybe? Big tips there...

Yeah, she's looking. Got right to it, to her credit. Serving might be possible. We do have a 13 month old son, and she's a grad student, so she's up against a difficult schedule as well as one of the most unemployed cities in the country right now. But I guess this is better than the psychological damage that was going on. Still lots more to survive though.
Old 04.26.2009, 01:12 PM   #36
flophousefloozie
expwy. to yr skull

Everything seems bleak for everyone right now.. Good luck, though. You've got your family..
Old 04.26.2009, 03:27 PM   #37
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Quote:
Everything seems bleak for everyone right now.. Good luck, though. You've got your family..

Yeah, and I had to make some serious changes and concessions to keep that. Totally worth it. Thanks.
Old 04.26.2009, 06:20 PM   #38
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
i totally feel this...it sucks when people would rather spend the night figuring out where/how to get their next drug instead of making music or something...blech
i hate that! with my last ex, it got to the point where it seemed like all he would talk about was the next time he could get some acid, and the stuff he drew when he was on shrooms... it just sort of became his life, because he didn't really have much else goin' for him, i guess.
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2009, 06:27 PM   #39
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I Got The Cooties From Ruby's Big Ol' Booty Y'all

Old 04.27.2009, 01:06 AM   #40
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
One of those places that have big "rock bands!" that play "crazy covers!" of "House of Pain!"....

I thought I was being a kind person by going there. I was told that a girl, whom I've been friends with since we were tiny little girls, needed me back in her life, because she's going down "the wrong path", and I needed to "be her friend" that night. (Sorry about the obsessive use of quotations, but sometimes a point must be drawn across)

Anyway, I was stuck in a situation, where I could have mistaken my life for that of a thirteen year old (given the intoxicated state of mind I forced upon myself, anything was possible). Don't get me wrong, even if I were sober, I'd still have felt like a child again...

I ended up waiting around until around 4:00 in the morning (I'm an old lady, it's hard on me), since I thought it best to stay somewhere in the ol' suburbs, since at that point, I was drawn astray, and quite far from my downtown home. Finally, I said I wouldn't do it any longer, and spent a bloody $40 on a cab!!

Well, anyway, I don't rant much on here, so I hope you will forgive me.

Feel free to add stories/complaints of anything or whatnot..

and i thought you were going to talk about our crazy encounter the other night.

thank you for your discretion.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth