Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page the violence at the G20 summit
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.21.2009, 11:06 PM   #1
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses

one protester dead after being pushed over by the rozzers. others being whaked around etc. anyone care to discuss?

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2009, 02:17 AM   #2
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
FUCK THA POLICE

My official stance.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2009, 03:26 AM   #3
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Shouty McHeadwound Man!!!!!!

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2009, 04:25 AM   #4
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Don't take this as me condoning the police beating people, but I get a bit fed up with people screaming "smash the system" and using violence against the police, and then making official complaints when the police don't adopt a totally zen buddhist attitude towards that. If people protested peacefully, then I think you'd probably find that the police would police peacefully.

And, yeah, I know the guy who died after being assaulted by a copper wasn't even involved in the protest, and I hope that the copper who did the assault gets what's coming to him (which he will, because the people at the top will make to make sure that the public sees that bad cops aren't tolerated), but using that incident as a basis for a theory that all cops are pigs is no better than the police using violence on the part of a few protestors as a basis for saying that all protestors are anarchists.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2009, 04:32 AM   #5
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss
(which he will, because the people at the top will make to make sure that the public sees that bad cops aren't tolerated)

Sadly, not what happened after Italy's G8.
Which, by the way, was a totally different story on many levels, better not to start talking about that.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2009, 05:42 AM   #6
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Don't take this as me condoning the police beating people, but I get a bit fed up with people screaming "smash the system" and using violence against the police, and then making official complaints when the police don't adopt a totally zen buddhist attitude towards that. If people protested peacefully, then I think you'd probably find that the police would police peacefully.

And, yeah, I know the guy who died after being assaulted by a copper wasn't even involved in the protest, and I hope that the copper who did the assault gets what's coming to him (which he will, because the people at the top will make to make sure that the public sees that bad cops aren't tolerated), but using that incident as a basis for a theory that all cops are pigs is no better than the police using violence on the part of a few protestors as a basis for saying that all protestors are anarchists.

this.
Old 04.22.2009, 07:23 AM   #7
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Here here!
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2009, 11:38 AM   #8
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

yeh but the police where smacking around people from all angles. its crazy because the news crews where just waiting for something to happen and when one person smashes a window then thats the front page. where as thousands of people where there totaly peacfully. not that i am siding with the ultra left because they are as annoying as the right wingers too.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2009, 11:58 AM   #9
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
oh yeah, the media pays attention to peaceful protest. YOU HAVE TO TAKE POWER and if that means violence then so it will be. The pigs, who might be ok on a one on one situation, are lapdogs to the ruling elite and basically a gang unto themselves. Its funny it seems blunderbuss has a real problem with people yelling their anger - that is not peaceful - but its ok for the pigs to kill people. I get the impression blunderbuss wants everyone in their suits to sit quietly and pick flowers.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2009, 12:17 PM   #10
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I think it's too grey a situation to take a definite stance on. There was provocation on both sides, with some protesters eager to see things escalate into a full-scale riot as well as sections within the police keen to enforce the law in a way that wasn't exactly law-abiding.

What I find particularly saddening is that the violence that ensued inevitably overshadowed any actual point that might have been made by the protesters. As such, the debate becomes one centred on the actions of the police rather than the grievances of the demonstrators. This is far easier for the media to discuss, especially given the fact that I suspect the majority of the public are quietly sympathetic towards the police acting in what has been widely reported as an 'impossible' situation.

I'm not sure what the answer is. Peaceful protests tend to mean that the protesters' actual message never hits the media, while violent protest only means that the message is obscured by subsequent discussions about violence.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2009, 02:11 PM   #11
Lamont Cranston
100%

Lamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's asses
and there is no chance at all, none whatsoever, the violence could be started by agitators planted in the crowds or over-eager police
Old 04.22.2009, 02:46 PM   #12
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I think the conspiracy theorists planted the idea in the above's head. IF IN FACT HE'S REAL AT ALL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth