Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Yo La Tengo live?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.27.2007, 11:04 PM   #1
timtimtim
children of satan

timtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud of
I'm planning o driving about 3 hours to see Yo La Tengo in Indianapolis.
How are they live?
has anyone seen them on recent tours? are they playing mostly new tunes?
timtimtim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.27.2007, 11:13 PM   #2
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
I saw them about 4 years ago in Nashville. They were great. Small venue and they were loud - Ira was all over the place. They played a mix of old and new.

I may go see them in New Orleans when they are there in April.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2007, 12:31 AM   #3
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
I saw them in 2000 and they were pretty damn epic.....opened up with Sudden Organ. I'm not sure about their latest shows though.
Old 02.28.2007, 01:19 AM   #4
timtimtim
children of satan

timtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud of
well it seems like they're worth the drive
timtimtim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2007, 07:10 PM   #5
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
I saw them a few months ago. Really great. A lot of crazy freakouts along with some piano-type ballads. A band with a lot of diversity.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2007, 08:24 PM   #6
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
Saw them day after xmas 2005 at maxwell's, still the best show i've ever seen. Ira knows how to play a fucking geetar, that's for sure.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth