Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page the other news
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.29.2020, 05:56 PM   #761
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I was thinking about re-reading Stephen King's The Stand over the summer. Now I think I'll just keep the reading the paper.

Least the ending won't be as bad as the book

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2020, 06:29 AM   #762
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
so i got a news alert... keir starmer it is

also later today: non-farm payroll
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.03.2020, 08:28 AM   #763
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
unemployment hit 4.4% in march, april outlook to be published in a week

Employment Situation Summary
Transmission of material in this news release is embargoed until USDL-20-0521
8:30 a.m. (EDT) Friday, April 3, 2020

Technical information:
Household data: cpsinfo@bls.gov * www.bls.gov/cps
Establishment data: cesinfo@bls.gov * www.bls.gov/ces

Media contact: (202) 691-5902 * PressOffice@bls.gov

THE EMPLOYMENT SITUATION -- MARCH 2020

Total nonfarm payroll employment fell by 701,000 in March, and the unemployment
rate rose to 4.4 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today.
The changes in these measures reflect the effects of the coronavirus (COVID-19)
and efforts to contain it. Employment in leisure and hospitality fell by 459,000,
mainly in food services and drinking places. Notable declines also occurred in
health care and social assistance, professional and business services, retail
trade, and construction.

This news release presents statistics from two monthly surveys. The household
survey measures labor force status, including unemployment, by demographic
characteristics. The establishment survey measures nonfarm employment, hours,
and earnings by industry. Note that the March survey reference periods for both
surveys predated many coronavirus-related business and school closures that
occurred in the second half of the month. For more information about the concepts
and statistical methodology used in these two surveys, see the Technical Note.

cont.: https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm
Old 04.14.2020, 06:27 PM   #764
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
NYCgaf16's first driving lesson didn't go so well

The car (Suzuki Swift) flew 7 meters high, and landed 64 meters further ahead, against a church on a cemetery

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.20.2020, 09:11 PM   #765
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Kim Jong Un seems to be having some issues. Is he perhaps the very first Covid 19 case in NK? (Sarcasm, that.)

The Orange One must be devastated.
Old 04.20.2020, 09:19 PM   #766
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

WE DO NOT SPEAK HIS NAME IN THIS THREAD

OR ANYTHING ELSE

kindly see post #1, thanks
Old 04.20.2020, 09:26 PM   #767
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i had forgotten this thread lately

got refreshed subscriptions so i should resume
Old 04.20.2020, 09:44 PM   #768
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

now i don’t mean to spook anyone but new scientist last week reported new cases of ebola in the congo

also the aussie heatwave bleached 60% of the great barrier reef. 35%moderately, 25% severely

also, the smell of soil comes from streptomyces bacteria trying to attract invertebrates to spread their spores

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41564-020-0697-x

-

and great white sharks can live 50+ years

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles...020.00188/full
Old 04.23.2020, 10:48 AM   #769
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone who thinks the Democrat party is in disarray should have a look at the leaked emails and whatsapp posts from the labour Party, where ...

Chief of staff Karie Murphy was described as “medusa”, a “crazy woman” and a “bitch face cow” who would “make a good dartboard”

A staff member who cheered one of Corbyn's speeches "should be shot"

Corbyn described as “that fucking Trot” who deserved “to be taken out and shot.”

Pro-Corbyn activists described as having "mental health issues" to which another official replied: “I hope [name of activist redacted] dies in a fire”. A third said: “That’s a very bad wish [name redacted]. But if he does I wouldn’t piss on him to put him out.” To which a second official then added: “Wish there was a petrol can emoji”.

Describing Labour MPs who nominated Corbyn as “morons”; tweeting twice that Corbyn was a “traitor”; describing “Corbynistas” as racist; telling an SNP MP that he should “Come down to Peckham and try saying that, mate”; calling Corbyn a “Putin-hugging, terrorist-loving, Trident-hater”

That a speech by Corbyn in response to the Manchester terrorist attack "won’t go down as badly as it deserves to"

That, despite being “shit”, Tory MP Iain Duncan Smith was “better than most of our shadow cabinet”

Also on Corbyn, “Massive elephant in the room that we all kind of hate him”

a senior official described another member of the party as “pube head” and "a smelly cow"

Diane Abbott described as "truly repulsive"

Suggestions that that some staffers may have “failed to act on extreme cases of anti-Semitism in order to undermine the Labour Party as led by Jeremy Corbyn.”

And these are just some of the ones that've been leaked so far.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2020, 11:06 AM   #770
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Anyone who thinks the Democrat party is in disarray
so i shouldn’t read the rest then?

but i did, and it seems to me pretty hilarious actually hahaha

so who leaked? is it known?
Old 04.23.2020, 11:17 AM   #771
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
No one knows. Sounds like someone internal but the Party's working to try and identify who.
Old 04.23.2020, 01:26 PM   #772
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
It's Harry, formerly known as Prince. That's why he escaped to the US

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2020, 02:52 AM   #773
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
China to propose national security legislation for Hong Kong - ABC News (Australia)
Seeing a bunch of Communists rejoicing over this on Twitter is reminding me of why they suck.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2020, 09:14 PM   #774
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

OLYMPUS QUITS CAMERA BUSINESS AFTER 84 YEARS

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-53165293

dammit.

i almost bought one of their M4/3 cameras a few years ago. got a panny instead, but still, their macro lens was a holy grail.

see: https://www.getolympus.com/us/en/len...2-8-macro.html

not sure why this makes me a bit sad, but it does.
Old 07.04.2020, 06:57 AM   #775
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
OLYMPUS QUITS CAMERA BUSINESS AFTER 84 YEARS

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-53165293

dammit.

i almost bought one of their M4/3 cameras a few years ago. got a panny instead, but still, their macro lens was a holy grail.

see: https://www.getolympus.com/us/en/len...2-8-macro.html

not sure why this makes me a bit sad, but it does.

Yes, that's sad. I'm an Olympus shooter and own three micro 4/3 cameras and one 4/3, plus several of their lenses. All of excellent quality, no matter what Jared Polin and people like him say.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2020, 12:36 PM   #776
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I have an old Olympus Trip, which is still a great camera, but the company itself never really gained a foothold in the big pro-end DSLR market comparable with Nikon's, Sony's or Canon's, so they ended up mainly focusing on small point-and-shooters which (as good as they are) inevitably saw them competing with smartphones, a battle they were never gonna win.
Old 07.19.2020, 06:11 PM   #777
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I have an old Olympus Trip, which is still a great camera, but the company itself never really gained a foothold in the big pro-end DSLR market comparable with Nikon's, Sony's or Canon's, so they ended up mainly focusing on small point-and-shooters which (as good as they are) inevitably saw them competing with smartphones, a battle they were never gonna win.
Olympus or Panasonic never got smart with mirrorless products. The revolution full frame capability brought to this smaller format eluded them and has been used to their best advantage by a company like Sony, which introduced so many innovations to it even Canon and Nikon have had to keep up with.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2020, 06:46 PM   #778
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Olympus or Panasonic never got smart with mirrorless products. The revolution full frame capability brought to this smaller format eluded them and has been used to their best advantage by a company like Sony, which introduced so many innovations to it even Canon and Nikon have had to keep up with.
panasonic is still strong in video though, their codecs have always been good, so that keeps them as viable contenders in the long run even if they were to ditch m43.

do you think m43 will go away altogether though?

fuji makes beautiful aps-c cameras but the company seems more fragile to me with their narrow focus and they are in the same space as sony in terms of format.
Old 07.20.2020, 12:29 PM   #779
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
Fat, white, lesbian The Black Madonna has removed black from her name to appease fickle sjw internet lords. Just like Animal Collective earlier this month retrospectively changing album covers and title's we can all agree they can now be officially classed as African and are vital cocks in the wheel of BLM oppression fighters.

Meanwhile, perennial sexist Beyonce 'you're just a boy' Knowles releases Black is King and no-one bats an eyelid thus paving the way for a possible Country Teasers' White is King album. Fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, false endings in songs?! what's all that about?
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2020, 12:41 PM   #780
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Wait, what animal collective albums were changed?

Say all you want about false endings but the one on Suspicious minds kills.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
363738 39 40 >
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth