Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.27.2020, 11:54 AM   #8221
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Lol. Moron needs lyrics to be nice and clear so he can understand them. Like I say, skrewdriver might be a bit easier for you to understand. Go there.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2020, 11:56 AM   #8222
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
lolololol

must spread more buttah
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2020, 12:06 PM   #8223
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Anyway, in more Trump news. Twitter has finally decided to call him out on his constant lies and included a fact check warning on a post about mail voting. He's not liking this at all and saying it's impeding his free speech (it isn't) and threatening to close down Twitter (he can't).

Been overdue for Twitter to do it.

Old 05.27.2020, 12:35 PM   #8224
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
orange tantrum baby missed his calling as the queen of hearts

Old 05.27.2020, 12:44 PM   #8225
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming Skull
Pure, unadulterated ignorance on full display here, folks. While Sonic Youth do have some political songs, they are far from being a political band. But please, GeneticKiss, continue to tell me what I'm allowed to like/dislike. I used to be all for diversity and inclusion, but now it seems group-think is the way to go. You've convinced me!
Funny how you somehow think racism/homophobia/fascism/etc are just differing points of view when in reality, the people you've chosen to ally with would stamp out any point of view other than blind loyalty to the state and the inferiority of all ethnicities other than Caucasians.
Old 05.27.2020, 12:58 PM   #8226
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Alright, I'll bite. Only because I wanna see how you move the goalpost because you can't handle the idea that your viewpoints have absolutely nothing in line with what sonic youth as a collective ever preached.

Dude Ranch Nurse
Paper Cup Exit
Do you believe in rapture
Society is a hole
Teenage riot
Chapel Hill
Anti-orgasm
Rain on tin
Youth against facism
Peace attack

Don't forget protest-records.com, all the interviews (especially in their later years) they did where they talked about politics and their stance against Republicans, the benefit concerts they played, the gender politics they shouted from the beginning that Trump and his cronies abhor. They were never slogan chanters like gang of four, fugazi and whoever but the politics were always there. Now fuck off and go listen to skrewdriver instead.
I'm not sure "Youth Against Fascism" is the best example given as it's actually making fun of politically aware teenagers, albeit ones that do it for the wrong reasons.

"Kool Thing" is an attack on LL Cool J and other "sensitive" rappers who got all kinds of positive views from feminist publications while not actually doing anything for feminism; just not being misogynist.
Old 05.27.2020, 01:25 PM   #8227
Screaming Skull
children of satan

Screaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Lol. Moron needs lyrics to be nice and clear so he can understand them. Like I say, skrewdriver might be a bit easier for you to understand. Go there.

We all hope
To signal kin
Days of gold
Now rain on tin
Gather round
Gather friends
Never fear
Never again

Not exactly 'God Save the Queen' or 'Holiday in Cambodia', but whatever.

While individual members have certainly expressed their political views, Sonic Youth - as a vehicle/weapon - is not a political band.
Screaming Skull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2020, 01:43 PM   #8228
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

It's about 9/11. Not sure what else to add to that.

And God save the Queen? Hahaha! If that's your standard for a political song then bless. You keep telling yourself they aren't.

Old 05.27.2020, 01:59 PM   #8229
Screaming Skull
children of satan

Screaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's asses
Written as Sonic Nurse was coming out...

"For a group who have existed mostly under right-wing regimes and whose caustic, experimental guitar sound has seen them labelled as one of the most influential bands of their time, Sonic Youth have largely avoided making political statements with their music."

"Sonic Nurse closes with the band's only significant protest song since Youth Against Fascism from 1992's Dirty album. Over six minutes long, Peace Attack was written by vocalist/guitarist, Moore, and its theme ensures Sonic Youth's stance is clear, says Ranaldo."

We'll never agree, so this is my last post on the subject. But - yes - I will continue to enjoy the music of Sonic Youth, even though you'd like to exercise control over the music as media (#EasternBloc).
Old 05.27.2020, 02:17 PM   #8230
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Reminds of that monty python quote

"All right... all right... but apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?"

Old 05.27.2020, 02:24 PM   #8231
Screaming Skull
children of satan

Quote:
Anyway, in more Trump news. Twitter has finally decided to call him out on his constant lies and included a fact check warning on a post about mail voting. He's not liking this at all and saying it's impeding his free speech (it isn't) and threatening to close down Twitter (he can't).

Been overdue for Twitter to do it.

Or - seen through a different lens - Twitter and the left want to shut down Trump's unfiltered access to potential voters on their platform. His message is deemed too dangerous unless filtered, distorted, and manipulated by the left-wing media. #EasternBloc
Old 05.27.2020, 02:29 PM   #8232
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Or - seen through a different lens - Twitter and the left want to shut down Trump's unfiltered access to potential voters on their platform. His message is deemed too dangerous unless filtered, distorted, and manipulated by the left-wing media. #EasternBloc
lmfao

so it’s safe to inject yourself with bleach, pinocchio?

that asshole you worship spews so many dangerous lies it’s impossible to keep count

he’s the distorter and manipulator

MAKE LYING WRONG AGAIN
Old 05.27.2020, 02:37 PM   #8233
Screaming Skull
children of satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
lmfao

so it’s safe to inject yourself with bleach, pinocchio?

The left only honors the First Amendment or #MeToo when it's in synch with their agenda.
Old 05.27.2020, 02:41 PM   #8234
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Old 05.27.2020, 02:45 PM   #8235
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

Quote:
The left only defends the First Amendment or #MeToo when it's in synch with their agenda.

same could be said about your boy...

I'd have thought people would want the president to be accounted for his lies. Maybe not.

Old 05.27.2020, 02:49 PM   #8236
Screaming Skull
children of satan

Quote:

Oh, that's right - there was no lying or corruption in the Obama administration...none at all.
Old 05.27.2020, 03:14 PM   #8237
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Oh, that's right - there was no lying or corruption in the Obama administration...none at all.
ah yes, because “not zero” is equivalent to “infinite” in your addled mind, huh?

good luck with your fried logic board, i’ll see you next time on “dolts on parade”
Old 05.27.2020, 03:59 PM   #8238
Screaming Skull
children of satan

Quote:
good luck with your fried logic board, i’ll see you next time on “dolts on parade”

I'll look forward to seeing you on Tuesday, November 3rd. Remember in the wee hours of Wednesday, November 9th 2016 when Hillary was in a heap and couldn't muster the courage/energy/composure to deliver a concession speech? Get used to that fetal position...it'll come in handy again, I promise.
Old 05.27.2020, 04:04 PM   #8239
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I'll look forward to seeing you on Tuesday, November 3rd. Remember in the wee hours of Wednesday, November 9th 2016 when Hillary was in a heap and couldn't muster the courage/energy/composure to deliver a concession speech? Get used to that fetal position...it'll come in handy again, I promise.
lmfao if that’s a promise that you’ll fuck off for 5 or 6 months then kindly deliver already

Old 05.27.2020, 04:36 PM   #8240
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Alright, I'll bite. Only because I wanna see how you move the goalpost because you can't handle the idea that your viewpoints have absolutely nothing in line with what sonic youth as a collective ever preached.

Dude Ranch Nurse
Paper Cup Exit
Do you believe in rapture
Society is a hole
Teenage riot
Chapel Hill
Anti-orgasm
Rain on tin
Youth against facism
Peace attack

Don't forget protest-records.com, all the interviews (especially in their later years) they did where they talked about politics and their stance against Republicans, the benefit concerts they played, the gender politics they shouted from the beginning that Trump and his cronies abhor. They were never slogan chanters like gang of four, fugazi and whoever but the politics were always there. Now fuck off and go listen to skrewdriver instead.

I do think Kim is an overtly political figure but I'd say the others largely fall into the same standard liberal category that applies to most 'creatives'. But it's always felt more meaningful for Kim, especially in relation to feminist politics, from early songs like Flower, her becoming a kind of figurehead for Riot Grrl, onto later songs like 'Swimsuit Issue', etc. A few songs aside, I would've never described SY as a political band in the 80s but I do think it became more of a focus from the 90s onwards, when Kim's profile and influence within the band started to increase.

As for whether it's an oxymoron for a SY fan to even contemplate voting for Trump, I'd say it depends what attracted them to the band in the 1st place. If they're more into stuff like 'Female Mechanic' then it probably is. Less so if they're more about stuff like DV69.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
362402409410411 412 413414415422 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth