Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Slub
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.27.2007, 07:35 AM   #1
sarramkrop

I've found out about this band on the internet. They are bloody good, and I hadn't heard of them before. Not much more information about them, apart from what's below, which I have culled from the Antipodean Underground blog:

SLUB

Slub are a band that have very little information available on the net. They began in 1985 in Melbourne and played a predominant assortment of krautrock, experimental and avant-garde noise. The group never really disbanded and have since 1985 issued singles and compilation cuts on labels such as Reactor, Black Eye, SFTRI, Death Valley & Dr. Jim Records. Members have included Vikki Riley, Sonke Ricketsen, Peter Kenney, John Murphy, Chris Hughes, Stephen Kainey, Tim Brosnan, Chris Coleman, Anne Scott, Neil Lynch, Lee Smith, Paul Dalby, Chris Russell, Lei Ingleby, John Stock, Warren Ellis, Mick Turner, Keith McMahon, Troy Norfolk & Rick Ferrarra.

‘Song for Steven’ - Leather Donut

compilation 1988

City Of Pirates’ - The Bob Flexi Disc

(issue 34) 1988

‘Burning Immigrant’ - SFTRI 7" 1992

‘Barracuda’ - Death Valley 7" 1997

PDF file of B-Side Magazine interview Issue 23

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2007, 07:49 AM   #2
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

jico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's asses
interesting indeed. never heard about them.
jico. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2007, 07:57 AM   #3
sarramkrop

Mick Turner has been in them, and that can only be a good thing. His album 'Moth' is one of my favourite that i have bought last year.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2007, 08:02 AM   #4
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
I listened to one of those MP3s (Barracuda), and thought it was brilliant, but the next two were an utter shambles. Not unlike early Dirty Three in that respect...

sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2007, 08:07 AM   #5
sarramkrop

The shambolic bit is what attracted me to them. I don't know what they mean about Diamanda Galas' singing being commercial on that interview, though. Not back then, anyway.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth