Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Post Some Internet Radio Stations
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.24.2006, 09:28 AM   #21
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
WRCT is free form college radio from Carnegie Mellon Pittsburgh. They have an mp3 and ogg stream. www.wrct.org
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2006, 01:32 AM   #22
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
St. Louis community radio - http://www.kdhx.org

You can listen online and all of that stuff, I think. If you click on that link, there should be a button that says "Program Schedule" or something of the sort. Go to that. Each program is usually two hours long. Most of the rock-oriented programs will mention specific subgenres of rock, but only a few of them actually abide by that.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2006, 12:18 PM   #23
darthblav
little trouble girl

darthblav ain't too shabby
in milwaukee, you can't beat it:
www.wmse.org

kind of bland station, that i have to listen to at work, but it does play some decent songs and you can upload songs to be on the playlist.
http://www.radioparadise.com/modules.php?name=Playlist

i am also fans of both kcrw, kexp and woxy.
Old 07.04.2006, 11:20 PM   #24
DJ Rick
100%

Location: Sacto (CA) Institute for Record Collection Scrutiny
DJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks, Hayden, for the recommendation!

Others can listen from links within my blog below. Or keep watching the "Vinyl Archaeology" thread which I post to weekly with each new program. You have 70 days from the date of the program to download mp3s of the shows.

Here's my listening menu for internet radio...

Most weeks...

On KDVS...
Fuzzbox Flynn "Coexistance of Disparate Elements"
Flower Vato "Tripping With the Flower Vato"
Klinger "Live in the Warzone"
Tim Matranga "Kicksville 29 B.C."
Scott S "Rebel Kind"
& others

On WFMU...
Liz Berg
Brian Turner
Tony Rettman
& others

Time permitting...
"Psychoacoustic Soundclash" by Nozmo King on KFJC
"Breakthrough" by Jacob Heule on KUSF
"Giants of Jazz" on WPRB

Sometimes...
live bands on KBOO when there's a good one

WFMU and KDVS both have archived streams. If you wanna plumb the depths of the latter, email me for a secret portal...

To merely be better than commercial radio is not very difficult. To do great radio takes courage and tons of commitment, which I find lacking at KEXP, WOXY, and KCRW. I find their tastes very "catholic" (with a small "c") and programs rather predictable. For people who need predictable, I guess that's good. I like to talk shit...sorry!
DJ Rick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth