Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Dead Meadow, i really like these guys.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.13.2006, 11:15 AM   #1
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
I have Feathers and like it alot. Its the kind of record u just leave on and do whatever, and while it does get samey after a time, its still cool, and they have a wonderful feel. i'm into the bass player's groove.

i just ordered 2 more, a live one from Maxwell's, NJ, and another, b/c Feathers is all i have. pretty psyched. can't wait. isn't finding fresh bands the best? tell me some Dead Meadow stuff.

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.14.2006, 11:12 AM   #2
stan_sitwell
empty page

stan_sitwell cold hard suckastan_sitwell cold hard suckastan_sitwell cold hard suckastan_sitwell cold hard suckastan_sitwell cold hard suckastan_sitwell cold hard suckastan_sitwell cold hard suckastan_sitwell cold hard suckastan_sitwell cold hard suckastan_sitwell cold hard suckastan_sitwell cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricechex
I have Feathers and like it alot. Its the kind of record u just leave on and do whatever, and while it does get samey after a time, its still cool, and they have a wonderful feel. i'm into the bass player's groove.

i just ordered 2 more, a live one from Maxwell's, NJ, and another, b/c Feathers is all i have. pretty psyched. can't wait. isn't finding fresh bands the best? tell me some Dead Meadow stuff.

I heard they will be re-releasing two earlier albums, "Howl From the Hills" and the S/T first record sometime soon.

"Shivering kings and others" is good as well

Edit: the Self titled album will be re-released next tuesday 9/19. "howl From the Hills" and an album of Peel Sessions will be realesed later in the year.
stan_sitwell is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.14.2006, 03:18 PM   #3
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
I have all their stuff and they're a band that really growed on me. The only slight dissapointment i have with them is the vocals, i think they are quite weak but they sounded great live and they're really nice guys too. You should buy the self titled when it gets re-released, the first song on that is my favorite one of theirs
The Lung is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.14.2006, 03:21 PM   #4
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Unfortunately, I've ever heard of Dead Meadow, although I like the name. What type of band are they? You got any good links? Or what?

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.14.2006, 03:28 PM   #5
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Cheers.

Do you fancy putting the tags around that to make it a proper link? It would save me copying and pasting it, although that would have taken considerably less time than it has to type this.

Gah.

Old 09.14.2006, 03:28 PM   #6
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
There's a few songs up on their myspace page for you to check out

http://www.myspace.com/deadmeadow
Old 09.14.2006, 03:32 PM   #7
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lung
There's a few songs up on their myspace page for you to check out

http://www.myspace.com/deadmeadow

Cheers.

Old 09.14.2006, 03:33 PM   #8
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
lung i have the live album and i gotta say the singing is worse than mine ?! hand the crak over son

I like live albums a lot. They're often the best place for a newcomer to start. But if it's not very good, then so be it.

Old 09.14.2006, 03:36 PM   #9
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Stroke of luck. Thank you very much.

Old 09.14.2006, 04:01 PM   #10
The Lung
stalker

Well yeh I probably enjoyed them so much cos I was really stoned and they were just fuckin amazing. I think the vocals got better after the first album but whatever. I didn't like Shivering King at first but it's ok now that I've listened to it more, Feathers is consistently good
Old 09.14.2006, 04:06 PM   #11
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

I've been listening a bit. They seem quite cool. Thanks.

Old 09.14.2006, 04:13 PM   #12
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
some friends of mine made a music video for them a couple of years ago or maybe less? anyway. is that 2 degrees of separation? my only claim to fame, ha ha. anyway, it's pretty good stoner rock.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.14.2006, 04:14 PM   #13
The Lung
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
oh and i completely ripped off dead meadow with a song called "drugbeddrugtripsleepwithme" www.purevolume.com/noiseproductionplant

it's shite but listenable if you are fecking wrecked, tally fecking ho

Hey diesel I think your music is really cool, if you ever play any gigs or shit near Leeds PM me or sumthing, it sounds really spacey and trippy. I would like to hear more especially after a spliff or 2
Old 09.14.2006, 07:23 PM   #14
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Priest
I like live albums a lot. They're often the best place for a newcomer to start. But if it's not very good, then so be it.

Well the live clips i heard sounded pretty good. i think i may have ordered the last one from Amazon b/c I ordered it, and then they were cleaned out. Its becoming harder to find that one, so i hear. its live from Maxwells in NJ which i know very well..so that' kinda cool.

Old 09.15.2006, 11:10 AM   #15
The Lung
stalker

Or you can just sign up to freesofree and download the 2 live shows they have there

http://www.freesofree.net/albumdetail.php?AlbumID=296

http://www.freesofree.net/albumdetail.php?AlbumID=283
Old 09.15.2006, 11:42 AM   #16
ricechex
the destroyed room

Thanks dudes. But i'm on 56k over here. u believe it..no sense sitting around for 3 hrs to download a show only to have it get interrrupted anyway. i like the official copies too. when i go to cable modem soon tho i will explore that end.

Old 09.15.2006, 01:54 PM   #17
Lethrneck4
children of satan

Lethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard suckaLethrneck4 cold hard sucka
dead meadow...ahh....my first post in awhile and its cause i finally see a topic i find interesting. the Got Live if ya Want it live CD is awesome, great quality and their only officially released live cd...PLUS it has my favorite dead meadow song, beyond the fields we know..which NEVER gets played live, at least none of the 5 or 6 times ive seen them.. one of my favorite songs ever and IMO one of the greatest songs ever period. its funny i stumbled upon this topic cause after i checked these boards i was gonna go check thier site and see what they been up to...

i got a few other live DM shows, a video of them from BAr in new haven, which is ehhh quality

Freesofree.net, the dinosaur jr audio/video site, has a few dead meadow shows for DL, as The Lung has stated

i love those guys

<<edit>>

after checking thier site..i see they are reissuing thier first 2 albums, AND the peel session that ive been reading about for a few years and though would NEVER come out....it is the first time a band was allowed to record thier peel session in the US and send it to england. midd september for all reissues i guess

if you really like dead meadow, i suggest getting their first album, it is still my favoritem and the reissure version is gonna have a video i guess

i consider you dumb, ignorant, and irrelevant
perhaps more than a fly, but less than a fart. a joke - !@#$%!

Death by a firing squard of ten black gay men would be too good for this shithead. - atari2600

loser retard. pothead - !@#$%!

you're a real prick for acting so daft & being so disagreeable on purpose - atari2600

On the contrary, tesla69 is idiota numero uno - atari2600
Lethrneck4 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2006, 05:38 PM   #18
ricechex
the destroyed room

cool cool. my DM albums came to me today. "Got LIVE" and "Shivering King". I'll have to report back on them once i take them in enough. my intial impression here is that Feathers is quite a better recording. but that can be overlooked for quailty material.

Old 09.15.2006, 10:04 PM   #19
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Feathers are really good. Trippy folk music. My favorite kind. Dead Meadow is really good. One of my faves.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2006, 02:29 PM   #20
ricechex
the destroyed room

Ok, well having listened to alot of DM stuff in the form of the Live album and Shivering King, i have to say they don't offer enough variety for me. It's fine in doses, but it's alot of the same riffs, slightly altered for some heavy psychedlic blues, which is fine, but Feathers really progressed their sound and style. a bit of a bummer b/c i had their best album already.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth