Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Counter Strikers
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.20.2006, 03:51 AM   #1
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
is anyone online here into Counter Strike? i have recently gotten into it but i'm not very good at it, the upshot of this is when i go on a server and display my crapness... i.e accidently shoot people from my team... everyone gets really pissed off!!! i'm like... throw me a frickin bone.... i'm a noobe for christs sake??..... is anyone here into it? do you guys know any servers for ... i dunno... amatures and people who are not so hot at it yet?
Old 07.20.2006, 04:09 AM   #2
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Around my Freshman/Sophomore year in high school that was all anyone ever talked about. I could never really get that into it cause of the same problem you're having. I was new, no one accomodates new players, and when I started out I tried a school tournament and got last place, which didn't help my ego.

Eventually I got to the point where I could hold my ground. But then people just say that you cheat. So you're never really free from whiners. I had a friend who actually got kicked out of a tournament for getting 50 kills without dying, under the assumption that he was cheating. I've played him. He was not cheating, he was just amazing at that game. Some people are ridiculous with it. I just can't do it.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2006, 04:41 AM   #3
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
Some people are ridiculous with it. I just can't do it.

i know what you mean, they take it soooo seriously....

one guy called me a stupid cunt last night????

i mean.... gimmie a break.
i have been playing computer games since the year dot... just not online with others, surely they muct realise that a lad's gotta start somewhere
Old 07.20.2006, 08:23 AM   #4
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
I play unreal tournament

way cooler
Old 07.20.2006, 08:56 AM   #5
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Have you guys ever played America's army. If you're a newcomer to the game, you'll probably last 30 sec before a sniper takes you out.
Old 07.20.2006, 09:58 AM   #6
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I played America's Army when it first came out. I actually was pretty good at it. They didn't have a sniper class when I played, though. I vaguely remember them appearing around the time I stopped. That game was crazy. I remember a bridge level that would take a good 30 minutes to finish.

I used to hate Unreal, but I think now I'd like it. I bought Quake III and got into that, and all of a sudden realized the appeal in Unreal.
Old 07.20.2006, 12:41 PM   #7
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
ive been meaning to try out AA but havent got around to it.

i used to play CS alot, but havent much esspecially since switching to linux (yay!)
Old 07.20.2006, 01:04 PM   #8
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I played counter-strike a lot about 4 or 5 years ago. I was actually pretty good. Especially around patch 1.1. There were several incidents in which I'd be the last guy left and I'd use stealth to take on 4-6 guys and either get them down to 1 and then die, or win the round. I remember one such time where I was a terrorist on prodigy and I went to the choke point that everyone didn't go to. Nobody went there of course, so I went back around towards the start area. I picked off two rushing CTs with my AK-47, then doubled back again. I got another CT and got his m-4 and put on the silencer, and I finished off the rest of the team with it. I knew everyone was rooting for me, and it made me feel really good.

Prodigy and Inferno are definitely my favorite maps, but I've managed to do some amazing things on Dust, Dust 2, Office, Aztec, and Italy.

This is of course on open servers. I like being randomly matched and then figuring out the best way to beat people. Some people are best beaten by brute force, others by simply outsmarting them.

I would have loved to use voice comm in such a way to play very heavily strategic styles against enemy teams. I did a few clan matches, but we were a small clan, and we never got that far into it. I'd think it would be really cool to have scout teams that used smoke grenades and flash bangs to hide their numbers incase the bulk of the enemy rushed their route, and use the main force to get the enemy team from behind.

What is also fun is just decimating people with well aimed Desert Eagle shots, or pumping them full with the USP.

Cheating sort of ruined the game. I remember playing against people that would know exactly where to shoot without seeing you no matter how quiet you are. They'd then tell you that they were very adept at using their stereo speakers to identify where enemies are based on footsteps. Which made no sense because my whole team was using stealth techniques.

When you are crouch-walking behind a wall and someone runs up past a wall and you don't have any element of surprise on them time after time, you have to wonder.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2006, 01:48 PM   #9
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
do you guys play source or the older one?
source is way realistic, good game, good online community, but i know for a fact my computer wouldnt run it.
BUT i could get on at a freinds house and play with you guys
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2006, 02:34 PM   #10
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

I have source, but haven't played it online, cause I don't think my processor would enjoy that too much. Also, I'm done with online gaming. I've excepted the fact that I suck. I've played bots on source, though, and it's pretty good. Office is the most improved map, by far.
Old 07.20.2006, 02:46 PM   #11
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
Never got into cs. I tried it few times like six years ago, around that time I mostly played some rainbow six game online. My interest in that stuff died out pretty much after that.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2006, 02:02 AM   #12
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
I like CS and used to be quite good at it...however, this was like 5 years ago

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2006, 08:58 AM   #13
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
i never had a fast internet connection until a couple years ago, but i did have a friend who was a huge computer head back in 99 when it was still a patch off of half-life and the the shooter was as default a lefty

that was pretty fun to play
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2006, 10:07 AM   #14
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I played both the original and source. Although they claimed nothing had changed in source, I swear then M4 and AK had a lot less recoil.

That reminds me, one time in 1.6 I believe, I got 2 headshots and a body kill with a single spray of AK-47 fire. A lot of people bitched at me because my name was Spray_Bullseye (I named myself after the spraypaint)
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2006, 12:33 PM   #15
Style
stalker

Style kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's asses
I used to play source competively last year, but I soon lost interest after.
Style is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2006, 09:22 AM   #16
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

i never had the power in my PC to run it, and really kinda slagged off people for talking about it. i love it now cuz i recently got me a new kick ass PC. i think its gonna refresh my love for gaming a bit more cuz my love for gaming was getting a little exhausted with the lack of decent playstation games, i maintain Sony are gonna wait till the arrival of the PS3 before they put any decent time and money into games, so i think me and Counter Strike Source will get just fine until then!
and if you see the "Fishmonkey" on some server in the near future, join me and lets kill a load of bastards!
Old 07.22.2006, 03:50 PM   #17
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
H4X
Old 07.22.2006, 04:12 PM   #18
Secret Boys
bad moon rising

Secret Boys cold hard suckaSecret Boys cold hard suckaSecret Boys cold hard suckaSecret Boys cold hard suckaSecret Boys cold hard suckaSecret Boys cold hard suckaSecret Boys cold hard suckaSecret Boys cold hard suckaSecret Boys cold hard suckaSecret Boys cold hard suckaSecret Boys cold hard sucka
FUCK the internet
Secret Boys is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth