Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page I'm buying two albums this weekend...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.08.2009, 03:57 PM   #21
al shabbray

Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
That's why I always buy music.

Although, yesterday my car was broken into with about 12 CDs in it, including Evol, The Birthday Party, etc.

They didn't steal anything.

Clearly, robbers have poor taste in music. Fuckers.

hahaha
but every story about broke into cars, they never steal Cds. as far as I know. they are just for money and maybe the radio, i think
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2009, 03:58 PM   #22
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
That's... a good thing...

I would try to buy music every now and then, in order to feel ok downloading I guess, but now I am making a vow to always pay for it. Plus, I've thought more about how most of the music I listen to is not made by rich rock stars, so I can't use the excuse that they are making tons of money and I'm not effecting anything. They need my money to keep doing what they are doing.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2009, 03:59 PM   #23
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
well, two newish albums i love right now are circuit des yeux-symphone and the pengo-frangrant wounds double cdr on chocolate monk, but you prolly wont get those will you?

for sharrock, check out the last exit lp (sharrock and brottzman fire jazz punk noise wildness, one of my favorite records actually) and for scg, i guess torch of the mystics is the best to start with as its the most immediately satisfying.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2009, 03:59 PM   #24
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
buy something from:

Faust

and

Paul Metzger
narlus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2009, 04:03 PM   #25
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by al shabbray
hahaha
but every story about broke into cars, they never steal Cds. as far as I know. they are just for money and maybe the radio, i think
I've actually had CDs stolen. Neil Diamond, Van Morrison, David Bowie, Bob Marley, and Tim Buckley. I think they're just particular.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2009, 04:10 PM   #26
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
well, two newish albums i love right now are circuit des yeux-symphone and the pengo-frangrant wounds double cdr on chocolate monk, but you prolly wont get those will you?

for sharrock, check out the last exit lp (sharrock and brottzman fire jazz punk noise wildness, one of my favorite records actually) and for scg, i guess torch of the mystics is the best to start with as its the most immediately satisfying.

I like CDY... I've never heard Pengo, maybe I should check them out?
Old 01.08.2009, 04:17 PM   #27
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
CDY is pretty much sold out, good luck.
Old 01.09.2009, 05:13 AM   #28
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
or one of Los Llamarada records.

what do they sound like? I've never heard of this band but I've seen porkmarras talking about them so I reckon they can be good.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.09.2009, 05:22 AM   #29
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Revealed the infuence of the Stars Of The Lid, the trio, but, a moment does not hesitate to bring to light of the more dramatic and tenebrous shadings, a lot that in the ambient is only derelitto a substrate torn to pieces from radioactive outbreaks and solar storms. Gorgo disumano of and the Prurient cavernicolo of is, instead, meat alive of traslate pulsioni omicide in sonic desperation. And if the industrial odissea of , ulteriorly protesa to rip, in depth, the veil of Psiche, to made accounts “materializes” the sound in a crossing of concrete musique and free-noise to the vitriol (like of the Big Black frullati with to pieces of Einsturzende Neubaten), the expansion adorns-sinfonica of , with its turbe from kammerspiel finishes them, not ago other that to repeat, sommessamente, the mantra of the imminent end…

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.09.2009, 11:34 AM   #30
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Atsonic, this is your brain:

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Haha, it would take like a 20 page thread to sum them up. Luckily there's one on this site somewhere. They have well over a 100 releases and have dabbled in every genre you can think of (from surf to noise to audio collages to punk to prank phone calls to .... I mean, it goes on and on), even some genres they invented. They're a very consciously loose Tibetan-jazz-666-from-Hell "freaky" folk group with no quality control, yet almost all their releases ARE quality. And they have a good sense of humor. Probably the best band ever actually. But you really have to dig into their discography, 1 or 2 releases don't sum them up.. hell, 102 releases don't even sum them up...

And this is your brain on drugs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Revealed the infuence of the Stars Of The Lid, the trio, but, a moment does not hesitate to bring to light of the more dramatic and tenebrous shadings, a lot that in the ambient is only derelitto a substrate torn to pieces from radioactive outbreaks and solar storms. Gorgo disumano of and the Prurient cavernicolo of is, instead, meat alive of traslate pulsioni omicide in sonic desperation. And if the industrial odissea of , ulteriorly protesa to rip, in depth, the veil of Psiche, to made accounts “materializes” the sound in a crossing of concrete musique and free-noise to the vitriol (like of the Big Black frullati with to pieces of Einsturzende Neubaten), the expansion adorns-sinfonica of , with its turbe from kammerspiel finishes them, not ago other that to repeat, sommessamente, the mantra of the imminent end…

Any questions?
Old 01.09.2009, 12:01 PM   #31
Green Magnesium
100%

Green Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's asses
If you don't own Tusk by Fleetwood Mac you should probably get that taken care of.

That goes for everyone on the board actually.
Green Magnesium is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.09.2009, 12:36 PM   #32
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
I love threads and conversations about buying new music.

Ok, SCG are good. A noisy to nice listen on most of the albums you can find at ..I'm guessing Shake-It records?... anyways, yeah they are good band to explore.

Sonny Sharrock is epic. His guitar playing makes most of the neo-noise kids get wet in the pants, front side and back. If you haven't soulseeked it before, then buy ''Black Woman'' by Mr. Sharrock.

Fahey is cool, but if you want a little better ''folky'' stuff then buy some Robbie Basho. Falconer's Arm Vol.I & II are sure to make you happy, as will Venus In Cancer.

Jandek, well weird folk that is seemingly dismissable, but is always hard to turn off, but, you know all of this don't you?

All of the above are good and you won't be dissapointed by any of them, I can say that because I've seen you gag on beer before. Below you will find more people to check out:

Albert Ayler - Spiritual Unity
Wesley Willis - anything
Growing - All The Way
Moondog - 1969
Flying Lotus - anything
Grizzly Bear - Yellow House
Amon Duul II - Yeti
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.09.2009, 12:57 PM   #33
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Magnesium
If you don't own Tusk by Fleetwood Mac you should probably get that taken care of.

That goes for everyone on the board actually.

I've owned it since the day of its original release. It's not my favorite Mac though.
Old 01.09.2009, 01:30 PM   #34
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i'll say this until i'm blue in the face

harry pussy http://www.myspace.com/harrypussy
teenage panzerkorps http://www.myspace.com/teenagepanzerkorpsrules
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.09.2009, 01:31 PM   #35
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
I've actually had CDs stolen. Neil Diamond, Van Morrison, David Bowie, Bob Marley, and Tim Buckley. I think they're just particular.

sounds like those thieves did you a favour
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.09.2009, 01:39 PM   #36
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
get a sun city girls record
and one of dead c reissues

I think this may be the way I go, good call.

T&B, never heard of teenage panzerkorps before, it's actually pretty cool. I didn't like that first song on their myspace, so I wasn't sure, but the second and third are great.
Old 01.09.2009, 02:41 PM   #37
Green Magnesium
100%

Green Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
I've owned it since the day of its original release. It's not my favorite Mac though.

Which is?

It's def my #1. Future Games and Then Play On are close runners-up.
Green Magnesium is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.09.2009, 02:44 PM   #38
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
afterthefact, yeeeeeeah, I was pretty fucked up when I wrote that... heh. I just slept it off.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.09.2009, 03:03 PM   #39
afterthefact
invito al cielo

I never said I didn't prefer the second over the first. I did.

I figured it was your way of expressing your feelings of a great band

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth