Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.28.2012, 01:18 PM   #1641
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
yeah the 2nd half wasn't as good, portugal didn't counterattack so much in the later part, but yeah, okay. spain-france was a sad spectacle.

today (it's noon here!) i hope it's going to be awesome. i really love italy, they are a good team, buffon is a fucking titan, and pirlo a genius, and crazy balotelli with all his faults is a huge talent, so anything can happen of course. i would like germany to win and have put all my chips on them for the fantasy league, but am i sure they will win? hell no.

im wearing a white tshirt though! lololol
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2012, 01:18 PM   #1642
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I'm an enormous fan of Xavi and he's probably been my favourite player in the world these past few seasons, but, whether it's fatigue after a long season or simply not being in form, he's definitely not firing on all cylinders and I think that's a major reason behind the teams overall lack of bite up front.

Wasn't that a quote by Del Bosque? "It's important that Xavi plays well, because if Xavi plays well then the team plays well" or something like that.
Pedro looked alright in my book. At the very least you could say that he was more dangerous than Negredo (as was the corner flag).

Quote:
Saying all that, the very fact that Spain have reached the final, however unspectacularly, without a functioning striker is pretty impressive.

There's a lot to say about Spain's "attacking weaknesses", but just looking at the amount of goals they're not doing any worse than in 2010. They only scored 8 goals in 7 games during the world cup! (I still can't get my head round that)

So in that regard Spain already outdid themselves by scoring 8 goals in their first 4 games. Shots on goals however is probably a different matter entirely. If I remember correctly (don't have time to check now), after 90 minutes it was only one save for Patricio and zero for Casillas... and that's where it gets really impressive: during the knock-out phases of the tournaments, Spain haven't conceded a single goal in 2008, 2010 and 2012.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2012, 01:28 PM   #1643
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
today (it's noon here!) i hope it's going to be awesome. i really love italy, they are a good team, buffon is a fucking titan, and pirlo a genius, and crazy balotelli with all his faults is a huge talent, so anything can happen of course. i would like germany to win and have put all my chips on them for the fantasy league, but am i sure they will win? hell no.

im wearing a white tshirt though! lololol

Have a good game! I hope Germany will win it too!

(it's become acceptable for Dutch people to support Germany nowadays, mostly because they've started playing a lot more attractive ever since 2006, while our own team has become way more conservative/boring).
(edit: in 2006 and 2010 Germany were great, but somehow they were mostly awful at 2008 though, I blame Ballack)
Old 06.28.2012, 01:28 PM   #1644
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

Ah, fuck it, I'm gonna stay home and watch this one too! (had agreed to go to a gig somewhere in town, but I can't be all that bothered at the moment.
Old 06.28.2012, 02:29 PM   #1645
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Anyones who says they predicted that Germany would be 2 down before half time is a bullshitter. Just brilliant. Italy ahve sure brought their A game and then some.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2012, 02:37 PM   #1646
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Anyones who says they predicted that Germany would be 2 down before half time is a bullshitter. Just brilliant. Italy ahve sure brought their A game and then some.

fuck! germany started controlling the midfield but italy quickly figured out how to get over that with long balls. i am suffering here, but hats off to italy, amazing performance.

meanwhile podolski is fucking up and gomez is out of it. it's not just that italy is doing great but also germany is not performing.

bring in schurrle and klose for fucks sakes

oh fucking fuck
Old 06.28.2012, 02:43 PM   #1647
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2012, 02:46 PM   #1648
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

not schurrle, but reus. gomez isn't getting any balls from the right. gomez alone in front is a dead end.
Old 06.28.2012, 02:48 PM   #1649
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

oh fuck yes reus is getting instructions he's going in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and klose!!!!!!
Old 06.28.2012, 03:40 PM   #1650
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

fuck me, what a fucking disaster

hats off to italy, they played a great game

though it was hard for me to watch i could still see

well i hope italy wins the final
Old 06.28.2012, 04:21 PM   #1651
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Well that along with Nadal losing in the second (or was it third?) bloody round of the tennis has led to a shock day for sport.

Was surprised there didn't seem to be more of Ozil during the game. As for Pirlo a)he crosses like a mother bitch and b)I need to know what conditioner he uses. His hair is like silk.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2012, 04:40 PM   #1652
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Auf wiedersehen Joachim and Hans

Old 06.28.2012, 04:46 PM   #1653
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
suprised a little by italy today but they played well and should have had more goals. i still think spain will win though but it will be close.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2012, 05:01 PM   #1654
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:

the stupid fucker! zonal marking had a better assessment of the situation than him:

1) However, it might be wise for Germany to sit slightly deeper than usual. If they press relentlessly in midfield, they risk becoming overrun in the centre of the pitch, because Italy have extra players in there, and have the passing skills to work the ball past Germany’s players. For all Low’s talk of not letting Italy dictate the tempo of the match, the simple midfield numbers game might make this unavoidable at points.

exactly what happened

2) Germany may be good in possession – but they’re also the competition’s best side at transitions, and that ability might be more useful against an Italian side that hasn’t been sufficiently been tested in that respect, aside from brief moments against Ireland, when they looked vulnerable to quick wingers.

and yet, during the whole first half, germany attacked through the middle

also, gomez totally cracking under pressure = FAIL

and why podolski why o why
Old 06.28.2012, 05:27 PM   #1655
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
The stage is all set for Spain to make football history by winning 3 tournaments in a row, only for the world media to say "Yeah, but they aint as good as they used to be are they"

They will find a way to beat Italy (but given how every prediction i ever make is wrong, youre best off taking that as a queue to put your house on the Italians)

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2012, 06:46 PM   #1656
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
The stage is all set for Spain to make football history by winning 3 tournaments in a row, only for the world media to say "Yeah, but they aint as good as they used to be are they"

They will find a way to beat Italy (but given how every prediction i ever make is wrong, youre best off taking that as a queue to put your house on the Italians)

Well probably fairer to say that they aren't as good as many of us want them to be. But I don't think anyone would deny that key players like Xavi haven't played particularly well so far. Although some of the rubbish i've heard on the radio and tv about how awful they suddenly are is obviously absurd.

I really can't say who i think will win the final. I think Spain'll be far more effective defensively but I'd still worry about them scoring, especially if they go down a goal and Italy decides just to close them out - which as we know they're very comfortable with as a tactic - whereas if Italy go down I always think they're capable of getting one back. Save all that and i wouldn't be at all surprised if it goes to penalties, especially if Italy aren't able to score.
Old 06.28.2012, 06:51 PM   #1657
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I've got Spain in the sweepstake at work. Which is ironic, for a few reasons. So, uh, Viva Espanol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2012, 09:21 PM   #1658
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

What the fuck is radiohead doing there?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2012, 08:03 AM   #1659
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the stupid fucker! zonal marking had a better assessment of the situation than him:

1) However, it might be wise for Germany to sit slightly deeper than usual. If they press relentlessly in midfield, they risk becoming overrun in the centre of the pitch, because Italy have extra players in there, and have the passing skills to work the ball past Germany’s players. For all Low’s talk of not letting Italy dictate the tempo of the match, the simple midfield numbers game might make this unavoidable at points.

exactly what happened

2) Germany may be good in possession – but they’re also the competition’s best side at transitions, and that ability might be more useful against an Italian side that hasn’t been sufficiently been tested in that respect, aside from brief moments against Ireland, when they looked vulnerable to quick wingers.

and yet, during the whole first half, germany attacked through the middle

also, gomez totally cracking under pressure = FAIL

and why podolski why o why

Zonalmarking have done an excellent indepth analysis of the game, now. Do those guys even sleep?

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/06/...otelli-double/

They seem to come to the conclusion that Loew fiddled with Germany's formation but only in a way that compromised their own strengths, while leaving Italy's largely unhindered. I'm pleased that they didn't just talk about Germany's shortcomings, though, heaping praise on Italy's excellent organisation. Ultimately though, I think we can say last night was a tactical fuck up by Loew, whether out of arrogance (rumours that he pretty much saw Italy as no more than an inconvenient fly that needed swatting on the way to the final) or a case of him simply getting it wrong. We certainly can't say Italy had the better players. They were just set up much better than the Germans - for reasons I suspect only Loew really knows.

I'm split about Sunday. It'll be a great game, I think, but while I have a soft spot for a number of Spanish players, there's still a big romance for me with the Italian national team, even when they haven't done well or were playing in their traditional catanaccio style. I put it down to the simple fact they're from the land of Fellini, Sabrina Salerno and pecorino. So as much as I have to admire Germany and even at times enjoy them, I've never really been able to like them. There's just no romantic associations their for me. which means I can now watch the final assured that I won't be disappointed whoever wins. So for me it's a boring but honest case of, may the best team win (with a very quiet "come on Italy".

As an aside, I heard this on a podcast last night: say the word chicken before the surname of every Italian player and it sounds like something you'd order in a restaurant. (with the possible exception of Buffon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfeatencake
This is my EM highlight:

the monster from the black lagoon x godzilla

or so

I really want someone to produce a Balotelli action figure that looks like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
What the fuck is radiohead doing there?

I love the way they always synchronise their outfits.

One of the all-time great football love affairs.
Old 06.29.2012, 09:15 AM   #1660
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

this morning in the news:

Spain and Italy win major concessions from Germany at debt summit

i can't help but wonder!
73808182 83 84858693133183583 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth