Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.18.2009, 02:28 PM   #521
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Yes, Benitez is a terrible loser.

When asked if Manchester United were a better club this season, all he said was "They have more points than us, yeah".

Villa's collapse down to #7 saddens me. They're going to lose interesting players. What "little" club am I going to support next season?

I'm pretty happy with the big four by the way, no matter who wins, provided they don't wear blue, which is a thing I can't explain, as Anelka was superb against Blackburn yesterday.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2009, 02:31 PM   #522
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Give Fulham a try next season. Although if they qualify for this stupid "Europa League" they could find themselves struggling due to the ridiculous amount of extra games.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2009, 02:39 PM   #523
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss
Give Fulham a try next season.

This is the Fulham supporters motto.
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2009, 02:41 PM   #524
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Villa's collapse sort of pleased me. Not because i have any dislike for them, just that I was watching them during the first two thirds of the season and i really didn't see how they were as high as they were in the league. A really average side that were punching way above their actual quality.

Fulham have been great. Definitely my prem team of the season. My only problem is that they're owned by Al Fayed, who i just think is a complete cunt.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2009, 03:03 PM   #525
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Fulham have been great. Definitely my prem team of the season. My only problem is that they're owned by Al Fayed, who i just think is a complete cunt.
You can say that about most of the sides in the Premiership though. Gone are the days of teams being owned by the owner of t' local mill, giving something to entertain his hard working minions of a weekend.
Old 05.18.2009, 03:20 PM   #526
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Any info about Wolverhampton?
What kind of football to expect from them, apart from Eubanks-Blake being the guy whose sights will be on.
Do they break oponents' legs?

(as for Fulham, I was pretty happy too with their results, a bit surprised to see Bullard go, but I liked their defenders and midfielders; nothing much about the attack)
Old 05.18.2009, 03:31 PM   #527
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

Villa.. Wolves... Do you have some sort of fetish for the Midlands? Have you heard the accents?
Old 05.18.2009, 03:57 PM   #528
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

I try to improve my English, that's all.

Supporting Arsenal in the early days of the century was not that good an idea. But I speak perfectly French now.
Old 05.18.2009, 11:54 PM   #529
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Speaking of which, are there any Liverpool FC fans here, except myself and the obvious Scouser Danny Himself?
Yes.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2009, 05:24 AM   #530
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Speaking of which, are there any Liverpool FC fans here, except myself and the obvious Scouser Danny Himself?

woop woop! (and crystal palace...)

newcastle ha ha ha! ha ha ha!

gonna be some decent players on the move this summer. Downing, Tuncay, Nolan, er, Barton (bet he goes to blackburn with bigsam. to kick people for him) owen? martins? butt? smith?

edit: real shame to see Sami leave anfield. what a legend
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2009, 06:45 AM   #531
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

me too!

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2009, 07:08 AM   #532
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
i have to be happy with spurs final positions, jesus a couple of months ago we were fearing being dragged into a releagtion battle... i am not celebrating a man u victory...only celebrating the fact that at last middlesboro and newcastle are down.......

tough i know but they were terrible this season...
Old 05.25.2009, 08:25 AM   #533
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I have mixed feelings about Newcastle going down. They clearly were awful throughout the season and did become more like a circus than a football team as it went on. Saying that there's always a thrill of playing (and especially beating) a team like Newcastle, even when they're terrible, that i just don't get when facing someone like Hull. It's impossible to really justify my position but I just get more excited at the prospect of beating a 'big' team that's bad than I do a 'small' one that's doing well. I mean, apart from the points that are either gained or dropped, who really cares whether they beat Wigan or not?
Old 05.25.2009, 09:51 AM   #534
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I love "obvious scouser".

I really think Benitez is hilarious for just not bothering with any false bullshit etiquette when dealing with the blatant twattery that is most premier league managers. Why bother posing and pretending to be pals? Not many people deserve respect in the vulgar, c.r.e.a.m. universe of professional football.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2009, 09:52 AM   #535
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I have mixed feelings about Newcastle going down. They clearly were awful throughout the season and did become more like a circus than a football team as it went on. Saying that there's always a thrill of playing (and especially beating) a team like Newcastle, even when they're terrible, that i just don't get when facing someone like Hull. It's impossible to really justify my position but I just get more excited at the prospect of beating a 'big' team that's bad than I do a 'small' one that's doing well. I mean, apart from the points that are either gained or dropped, who really cares whether they beat Wigan or not?

It's because they've got some history, isn't it? Glory days in the past. You come to expect that glory to continue out of the 80s, and it never does/will. Meanwhile theres teams like Scunthorpe United who have never done anything worth acknowledgement.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2009, 02:02 PM   #536
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Exactly. It's why I want Leeds back up in the prem. I know people hate them but they do at least add a bit of magic to the league, which is more than can be said of Hull. It's why I feel sad at the demise of a once great club like Forest. I'm not saying a club 'deserves' to be in the top flight simply because of their size or history, just being honest in terms of who I'd rather see week after week.
Old 05.25.2009, 02:09 PM   #537
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
I lived in Newcastle for a couple of years and im convinced if i go up there some time next season ill be confronted with burning buildings, derelict homes, toppled statues. If that club gets back in the Premiership in the next 5 years i will be massively surprised.
Pretty pleased with Spurs, saw them against West Brom a few weeks ago an hopefully with a decent replacement for King and the sale of Bentley, Bale, Pavluchenko, who have all been surplus to requirements we can push on a bit more. Certainly a better team on paper than Fulham, but cant argue with them getting into the UEFA.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2009, 02:18 PM   #538
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I've never liked Spurs, but that's just a London rivalry thing, so while the beginning of their season was a disaster they were clearly a European-level club. I was a bit gutted that they finished above West Ham but can't deny that they were a better team, quality wise.

The sad thing about Newcastle is that they're going to have to offload so many players that I just don't see them being left with a core team strong enough to see them jump back back up.
Old 05.25.2009, 02:34 PM   #539
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
spurs really flunked the first half of the season..bentley is a donkey....pointless having him there, bale....i like him but...... pavylchenko..he says he is staying at the club....ive heard that before, hes gone to wherever come the summer! gomez.. from a complete paddle thwacking greasy dumb goalie to a sheer quality keeper, he found his feet in england and its great to have him, even if he is a bit of a flapper, ledley needs a new knee full stop... modric, palacios (2 of the buys of the season) corluka, lennon, jenas...the stars of the team...our top scorer is darren bent..that says it all.....

keano may comeback with a great season next year but this year took it out of him...id love to see defoe and robbie clicking again..oh well, another season over another mid table finish.....another "always next year" sayings.... please may we get a decent striker and a strong defender.......id pay a billion for tevez....just love his attitude and his play, one of the premierships best players by far......

what is the difference between the premier league and my back garden........?
... there was magpies in my garden today!!!!

boom bomm etc etc and so forth!
Old 05.25.2009, 06:35 PM   #540
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
spurs really flunked the first half of the season..bentley is a donkey....pointless having him there, bale....i like him but...... pavylchenko..he says he is staying at the club....ive heard that before, hes gone to wherever come the summer! gomez.. from a complete paddle thwacking greasy dumb goalie to a sheer quality keeper, he found his feet in england and its great to have him, even if he is a bit of a flapper, ledley needs a new knee full stop... modric, palacios (2 of the buys of the season) corluka, lennon, jenas...the stars of the team...our top scorer is darren bent..that says it all.....

keano may comeback with a great season next year but this year took it out of him...id love to see defoe and robbie clicking again..oh well, another season over another mid table finish.....another "always next year" sayings.... please may we get a decent striker and a strong defender.......id pay a billion for tevez....just love his attitude and his play, one of the premierships best players by far......

what is the difference between the premier league and my back garden........?
... there was magpies in my garden today!!!!

boom bomm etc etc and so forth!

The reason i have a soft spot for the Newcastles and Hulls is theres a perception of tackiness that seems to stick to the reputations of their fans, like theyre all somehow just there so Match of The Day 2 can laugh at their haircuts. It annoys me how I keep reading stuff about Newcastle fans being a bunch of fat blokes with poorly spelt banners, its pretty friendly to opposing fans so ive heard

Anyway, Spurs should sign Hangelaand if they can, and i reckon a good offer will come in for Dawson at some stage, if he wants first team football he'll have to head off. Possibly in a part exchange for Hangelaand. Who knows.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
242526 27 2829303777127527 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth