Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.01.2009, 05:57 AM   #341
Kanamori Happy
little trouble girl

Kanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's assesKanamori Happy kicks all y'all's asses
Title prediction: Chelsea.
Relegation: West Brom, Blackburn, Newcastle.

Arsenal started the season well if I remember correctly, would've liked to see still contending for the title.
Liverpool are a nice surprise this season.

Good to see Fellaini and Kompany (Belgian players) adapting well to the Premier League.

Looking forward to the highlights of Liverpool v Chelsea on MotD tonight.
Old 02.01.2009, 08:55 AM   #342
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Liverpool have dropped Robbie Keane.

THANK FUCK FOR THAT.

Too bad we only have one real striker. I actually saw Fernando Torres yesterday when I was out shopping.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2009, 05:17 PM   #343
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Torres looked good today.
Nice to sse Lampard sent off - especially because it was the wrong decision

The Arsenal seem to have lost their way somewhat recently.
I'm going to the Emirates on Tuesday for the FA Cup replay - a couple of seasons ago I'd havebeen looking forward to us scoring a hatful against Cardiff - not now.

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2009, 05:40 PM   #344
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florya
Torres looked good today.
Nice to sse Lampard sent off - especially because it was the wrong decision

OOOOOH yes, great justice served there. I maintain that Frank Lampard's mother died of shame.
Old 02.01.2009, 05:41 PM   #345
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I'd never knock Wenger as a manager but this season at least he's been way off the boil. It's like the game's moving on and he's standing still.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2009, 05:42 PM   #346
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Yeah, Arsenal have been noticeably dodgy this season, and the one before it. I remember a few years ago when you could say Arsenal played the best football in the UK and you would be telling the truth.
Old 02.01.2009, 06:01 PM   #347
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Definitely. They can still play some beutiful football but they seem to have lost a real physicality, and Gallas is a fucking liability.
Old 02.02.2009, 02:54 AM   #348
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Hopefully we'll have a good run in at the end of the season when Fabregas, Walcott, Eduardo and Rosicky come back from injury.

I think Vela needs more starts. He's a great player but I'm afraid that he'll move on if he doesn't get a regular fist team place.

I'm not too concerned about whether Arshavin signs today but we need to shift a few players that seem to be happy to take the money without putting in the effort. Adebayor, Bendtner, Eboue and Song need to go.

Hilarious news about Robbie Keane - going back to tottingham! That's 3 players that the spuds have bought back this season.

UPDATE: Looks like the greedy Russian is on his way back to St Petersberg. £80K a week isn't enough it would seem.

Old 02.02.2009, 07:00 AM   #349
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
I haven't been following much this season, but it's a pity United are back on top of the league. I'm always hoping for Arsenal or Liverpool, but neither will happen.

Barcelona to win the Champions League? They're looking sweet.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2009, 10:19 AM   #350
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Yeah, given that West Ham will never win the title, I tend to want Arsenal to get it each season. I like Wenger's policy of playing good football and not breaking the bank to do it. I just hope that his philosophy doesn't ultimately become an obstacle to their success. The FA needs to do something about controlling the money some clubs are prepared to spend on buying success. Until they do Man U, Liverpool and Chelsea (and potentially Man City) will be in a league of their own. We should adopt the german system where, at the end of the season no team is allowed to be in debt. It may have cost them European success but has made their domestic leagues far more healthy as a result. I can seriously see a big Prem club going bankrupt in the next few years if something isn't done to address spending.
Old 02.02.2009, 10:46 AM   #351
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
fuck no... keane back to spurs in exchange for o hara and lennon.. why the fuck are they bothering...fix one problem by compunding another...

lets get all our players back..we need malbranque more than em all put together....

spurs are fucked! i dont care about anything now. lets get knocked out of europe and win the league cup and then maybe , just maybe we can claw some thread of dignity back to this season by getting rid of bentley and zokora and assou-etototutututo and many many more !!!!!
Old 02.02.2009, 11:28 AM   #352
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
lets get all our players back..we need malbranque more than em all put together....

Why not go the whole hog and bring back Steve Archibald? lol

I really don't think Redknapp is the answer for Spurs. He's good at making average teams overachieve (and I'd include West Ham in that) but Spurs won't be happy with mid-table for very long. He's a master of alienating players (look at what he's already done with Darren Bent). He has a good eye for players but tends to overspend and buy as many as he can in the hope that ten percent of them will work out. And notice how he blames the players when you're defeated but expects all the praise when you win. The man's a walking ego. It makes sense that you had to get rid of Ramos and, to be honest, I don't know who else you could've had, but after what he did to West Ham I wouldn't touch ol' bagpuss with a bargepole.
Old 02.02.2009, 12:10 PM   #353
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
well bent did most of that to himself.. score 2 at the weekend when he finally got his place. im not a fan of bent at all and now keane is returning he is sure to be gone but getting rid of o hara and lennon as well when we have a serious lack of strength in midfield (palicios aside) thats sheer lunacy...

it reeks of desparartiion and im the biggest spurs fan there is but i safely say we could easily go down, no spirit, no morale, no teammanship, no results........
Old 02.02.2009, 12:19 PM   #354
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I think you'll be safe this season. The fact is that as bad as you are by your own standards, you're nowhere near one of the bottom three teams in the Prem. I'd predict mid-table by the end of the season.
Old 02.02.2009, 12:23 PM   #355
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

thats all well and good, we are still only a couple of points away from the bottom 3.. any of about 9 teams can take the plummet and if form is anything to go by............
Old 02.02.2009, 04:32 PM   #356
GrungeMonkey
100%

GrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard suckaGrungeMonkey cold hard sucka
Robbie Fucking Keane! Left!
I cant believe it.
He was a bit shit though.
GrungeMonkey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.02.2009, 04:36 PM   #357
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

does anyone know if o hara and lennon were part of the deal with the keane transfer?????? if it is im really pissed if not i think i can accept it, in time! its a bit like sol campbell coming back to the lane (over my dead body) except minus the arsenal factor.
Old 02.02.2009, 09:59 PM   #358
demonrail666
invito al cielo

No, from what I understand, Spurs offered Gareth Bale and David Bentley as part exchange for Keane but Liverpool wanted a straight cash deal so they're both staying at White Hart Lane, poor sods.
Old 02.03.2009, 12:34 PM   #359
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

the pool still owe 6 million to spurs anyhoo... they didnt want bentley.. well theres a fucking suprise!!!!
Old 02.03.2009, 02:16 PM   #360
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Arshavin's a done deal.
Thank God that's over!

151617 18 1920212868118518 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth