Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Why is Speed a Better Drug than Weed?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.24.2008, 06:14 PM   #1
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
Come on Glice, tell us your theory. Enlighten us.
Old 01.24.2008, 06:16 PM   #2
Crumb's Crunchy Delights
expwy. to yr skull

Crumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard sucka
less subtle than mine
Crumb's Crunchy Delights is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.24.2008, 06:23 PM   #3
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Because the common way of taking it is ingestion?

I don't know. My drugs of choice are alcohol and benadryl. I'm a pretty sedate person.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.24.2008, 06:27 PM   #4
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.24.2008, 06:29 PM   #5
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

vs

the effects of cannabis on the brain

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.24.2008, 06:36 PM   #6
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
First of all, everyone knows that speed is filthy - it is a drug that know its place. Most people who use it do so when they're young and give up on it. Those who continue do it for long social functions, long flights - it serves a useful social purpose (insofar as the majority of people yack endlessly about shit - with the speed user they just compress that a little). Those who use it habitually were always going to be wrecks. No sane person wants to be awake forever. If you do, you're not sane - speed is the drug for you.

Weed is 'cool'. It relaxes you. It makes you talk shit very, very slowly. It encourages you to listen to very, very bad music. It has psychological repurcussions in a great many people. Lots and lots of people do it.
Plenty of those people are deluded into thinking it's harmless. Many of them argue that cigarettes and alcohol are more harmful. Why yes, yes they are. That doesn't mean weed doesn't, or won't make you an idiot. Weed smokers, the sort getting towards their early-30s, are a load of sanctimonious pricks. There is no cut-off point with weed, because it is no-where near as ridiculous as speed. Because it's not ridiculous (i.e., you can just about saunter along at half-consciousness for months, years at a time) you never get the blessed relief, as with speed, when you finally stop doing it, if indeed you do.

These are irrational arguments, yes. However, in my personal observations - and if yours are different, I'd probably call you a liar - I know loads and loads of perfectly decent, intelligent people who habitually, or casually, smoke weed and fail to notice that (with a pitifully few exceptions) they become lethargic, anti-social lepers with faint notions of the intelligence they haven't excersized for years. With speed you either do it for a bit and realise why it's not a good idea or you're mental, in which case, you're mental so whatever you take isn't going to make a great deal of difference. It's more divisive, yes. And that's a very good thing indeed.

I could summarise with the following: people on speed listen to gabba, Happy Hardcore and your various tribes of hip-hop. People on weed listen to Pink fucking Floyd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.24.2008, 06:37 PM   #7
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

That's a truly logical argument, isn't it? Posting two scientific explanations of speed and a FUCKING STATUE you weed-addled moron.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 01.24.2008, 06:39 PM   #8
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
So you're saying it's better to be a drug-taking idiot short-term than long-term. Wouldn't it be better still to be a non-drug-taking non-idiot?
Old 01.24.2008, 06:42 PM   #9
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
So you're saying it's better to be a drug-taking idiot short-term than long-term. Wouldn't it be better still to be a non-drug-taking non-idiot?

Yes, of course. That option passed me by a long time ago, sadly. Live and learn, and so on.

Quote:
Old 01.24.2008, 06:45 PM   #10
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
So you're in for the long haul, then? With weed? Or are you in a short-term addiction?

I don't mean to be obtuse. This is a little confusing to me.
Old 01.24.2008, 06:50 PM   #11
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
So you're in for the long haul, then? With weed? Or are you in a short-term addiction?

I don't mean to be obtuse. This is a little confusing to me.

I take drugs, at most, twice a year if you must know. Last year not at all. Weed was the first of the drugs I've tried to be given up, and I felt tenfold better for doing so.

Quote:
Old 01.24.2008, 06:51 PM   #12
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I had a friend who used to do speed who was an emotionless asshole with bad memory. Hmmmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

vs

Old 01.24.2008, 06:56 PM   #13
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
I had a friend who used to do speed who was an emotionless asshole with bad memory. Hmmmmm.

Sounds like he found his perfect drug. Kudos.

Quote:
Old 01.24.2008, 07:02 PM   #14
Glice
invito al cielo

I've just thought - for the Americans: we do have meth over here, but the speed to which I'm referring is not as strong as meth.

Talk to Frank, innit?

Quote:
Old 01.24.2008, 07:08 PM   #15
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Weed is okay. Good bud is great. Watch the impact on your budget and make intelligent judgements. Take the proper precautions against risky behavior.

Speed sucks. Speed kills. I should underline that. At extremely tiny dosages, like maybe microbumps over hours of time, it's okay, even kind of cool, but other than that, it's way too fucked-up and dirty in a fucked-up and dirty bad sorta way. For goodness sake, look at the hardcore addicts: rapid degeneration overall, and open sores and shit. That chemical crap, meth and ice and all of that total shit rots your body like no other. Consider that brain cells destroyed by chemicals tend to not regenerate.

As far as over the counter speed like ephedrine, I've never been one to take them. I had this one roommate, a good friend, that would take ridiculous amounts of the trucker speed along with robo dm. One morning his mother called. and I went in to see if he was up and he looked dead. His skin was discolored. I called his name out in escalating volumes and tones. He didn't respond and then I went to shaking and jostling him and still nothing until he finally woke.

The best way these days to use speed is to take Adderall. Adderall is composed of two primary ingedients, sugar and 100% pharmaceutical grade amphetamine.

I've taken it in the past, most of my time on in was okay because I only had various friends with prescriptions that would sell or trade me some at times a few times a month or so. Over the long -term it certainly can't be good for your mind or your natural sense of pleasure (even moreso than a lot of drugs) and most imortantly, it surely is bad for you because it's a chemically-based speed. Cocaine is a hard drug, but damn, at least it's derived directly from a plant (although it is altered through kerosene, acetone, ammonia or whatever used burn the crushed coca buds).

Ondine used to talk some wild trash...a crazy speed-head on benzedrine strips. Oh well, that's a romantic aspect anyway.
There is a beloved poster here that no longer posts with any regularity that had some serious problems with the meth end of the speed spectrum.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.24.2008, 07:08 PM   #16
gmku
invito al cielo

I think it's better to be straight, all in all.
Old 01.24.2008, 08:18 PM   #17
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
speed is alright at the time
but in the morning you feel crud

weed is good at the time and in the morning i generaly feel fine

speed is good depending on who your with and where you are
Old 01.24.2008, 10:35 PM   #18
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I could summarise with the following: people on speed listen to gabba, Happy Hardcore and your various tribes of hip-hop. People on weed listen to Pink fucking Floyd.

Fuck Pink Floyd. Pink Floyd got boring even before I started smoking weed.

I smoke weed:
to relax
to sleep (before I started I would stay up really fucking late, now I smoke a joint at 1 and go the fuck to sleep)
to entertain myself and enjoy things more
to eat lots
and because I love it.

I've never done speed and I don't want to. I'm pretty sure I'd die of a heart attack or something.

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 01:14 AM   #19
Crumb's Crunchy Delights
expwy. to yr skull

Crumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard sucka
We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee; we don't take our trips on LSD.
Crumb's Crunchy Delights is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 01:59 AM   #20
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMMAh
Fuck Pink Floyd. Pink Floyd got boring even before I started smoking weed.

I smoke weed:
to relax
to sleep (before I started I would stay up really fucking late, now I smoke a joint at 1 and go the fuck to sleep)
to entertain myself and enjoy things more
to eat lots
and because I love it.

I've never done speed and I don't want to. I'm pretty sure I'd die of a heart attack or something.

You're just too cool for school aren't you?

I don't care how popular Pink Floyd are, they were a really good band. Dark Side of the Moon is an amazing album. Live at Pompeii is a great performance.

Their early stuff with Syd was great.

The Wall should have been half as long though. Half of the songs are really good, and half of them blow the big one.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth