Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page new Chocolate Monk releases
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.06.2007, 09:19 AM   #1
dylan_nyoukis
little trouble girl

dylan_nyoukis kicks all y'all's assesdylan_nyoukis kicks all y'all's assesdylan_nyoukis kicks all y'all's assesdylan_nyoukis kicks all y'all's assesdylan_nyoukis kicks all y'all's assesdylan_nyoukis kicks all y'all's assesdylan_nyoukis kicks all y'all's assesdylan_nyoukis kicks all y'all's assesdylan_nyoukis kicks all y'all's assesdylan_nyoukis kicks all y'all's assesdylan_nyoukis kicks all y'all's asses
great new weirdo batch...

Minn Minn Lights - Right Whale CDr
choc.164
Minn Minn Lights is Daniel Meyer Grønvold, Eirik Renton and Oivind Koppand Eriksen from Oslo. The trio squeeze out intricate improvisations with feedback, drones, bells, tapes, electronics etc. Exotic Nordic larvae for yr nostrils.

(((vlubä))) - Inventions For Inflatable Guitar CDr
choc.163
Argentina's self proclaimed "Prehistoric Magical Psychic Band" blast off into the inner space void on this one. Electro-Accoustic brain burps ringing out through the cosmic ocean. Oh Mama!.

Gas Shepherds - Tu CDr
choc.162
Yet more smoked out bedroom jams from Brum druids Gas Shepherds. Electronics fart and wheeze, vocals jabber in the distant corner, percussion junk is clanked in wasted stupor. Makes you wish Jodorowsky had let them coked up Down Syndrome kids in 'Santa Sangre' loose in a studio.

Castings - Punk Rock Is Bunk Squawk CDr
choc.161
"CASTINGZ= everyone weird is from a small town, puts fuel in they music brain damage cells of strange-nezz....but fucking NEWCASTLE AUSTRAILIA? Makes Up North Michigan look like a SKY MALL. When the boyz were there it was nothing but soccer fights, empty buildings, dry streets, and CASTINGS. They had no fans there, said they been around for 5+ years= nothing. No chicks, no beer, no drugz, nada. But they did have a super strange weirdo lurch vibe going down. Six or seven underground types with tons of electronics, and a kinda of mystic searching zoner loner sound. Wasnt cluttered, wasnt busy, just a super tight vision of unique audio slomo attack. Its what you want slowing aging inside every tiny hidden mystery bermuda triangle of townz. They trump alot of the big wig big ego noizerz out there, and have a pinky length discography....I hope they get chicks, drugz, beer, and FAMOUS.....FULLY." - John Olson

Preggy Peggy & The Lazy Babymakers - Gang Rape Of A Short-Bus Rider CDr
choc.160
Word on the street has it that Angela Sawyer, that delightful weirdo vinyl hound of Twisted Village fame, survives solely on a diet that would make a trucker blush. No fancy pants vegetables for this lady, nope, just white sugar, white flour, preservatives, hydrogenated fats, meat, and carbonated beverages. And boy does it show on this disk. Joined here by her pal James, they deliver a total schizoid delight of keyboard mush, vocal hooky, noise, electronic ugh, guitar wailing, bent songs, and just all out confusion. Fans of Stomach Ache, Bananafish, Glands Of External Secretion, Brown Supper etc, you needs this. One of my all time favourite Monk disks.

Family Underground - Grave Passage CDr
choc.159
More delightfull Danish mong out. Heavy analogue synth lurching on this baby. "Family Underground are from Copenhagen, Denmark. Not much going on around here. We jam to have fun. The sound hails from the bowels of the shipwrecks on the bottom of the Baltic ocean. Family Underground consist of three, using a wide variety of instruments. Psychedelic drone for those who want to be down forever."

Axolotl - Prophetic Ass CDr
choc.158
New psych damaged batch of nocturnal hookum from Karl Bauer. Zoned out crackling, tones and sweet SK-1 blowout all brewed up into a sweet load of tingling psychic non-songs and grot beats.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blood Stereo/Ceylon Mange/Chocolate Monk etc
http://www.chocolatemonk.co.uk
dylan_nyoukis is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2007, 02:36 AM   #3
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
FUCK YEAH CASTINGS RULE!!
I saw these guys play for the first time the weekend I turned 18 and was blown away. They were like nothing I'd ever heard before, two years later I still haven't heard anything similar.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth