Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page what are you listening to?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.18.2009, 10:57 AM   #23721
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses
screaming trees-sweet oblivion

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2009, 11:28 AM   #23722
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2009, 12:07 PM   #23723
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
die kreuzen october file/s/t cd, climax golden twins, C G TA F (climax golden twins and a frames collab), mayyors, dead luke, vivian girls (finally caved in and downloaded everything, very charming aned very likable though unremarkanble, good stuff), crank sturgen, sickness, cock esp, rudu malfatti and mattin (rudu malfatti is a super wied avant trombone player, and mattin is of course burdgeoning noise genius of billy bao and la florieta, etcc. on this he does heavy as shit labtop noise), la florieta/doxseta florieta (same band, except doxseta has some wierd singer or some shit), sapat (finally got mortise and tenon lp after adoring the tongue tied and staid 2" for a couple years, such a unique band in the face of so much noise and noise punk and free noise, etc... of today's sub-underground), the shadow ring (one of my favorite bands of all time, on the level of the velvet underground, sun city girls, royal trux, caroliner, etc.. in the fact that every avant/free/noise rock or punk band whatever has had bits and pieces of them ever since, harry pussy also obviously meets this category. but shadow ring just had something going on, the wierd surrealist dadaist noisescapes with more structuralized post punk textures, and then of course lambkin's amazing surrealist free flowing talking/whispering/screeching vocal delivery. damn), car commericals/home blitz (gulcher is a musical genius), aidan baker/nadja/the discs baker did with tim hecker (with jesu gone stale, isis gone lame post rock, and pelican being the emo pussies theyve always been, baker is the only dude left making good music in this tired old early 00s genre of atmospheric sludge. well i take that back, neurosis is still that, but theyve changed thier style into a whole nother animal completly, jhust that crushing heavy psych tribal thing. they are the kings of art metal. he does so because nadja sounds like no other band in the genre, only using the crushing riffs and rythymic bombast of sludge to deliver something more artistic and unique. i like how he comes equally from a real metal background, as in actually listens to the greats whther it be sabbath or corrputed, as well as experimental and drone background which actually gives him a real knowledge of the drones hes working with, obviously something those other bands do not. well, broadrick does i guess. but nadja is the shit and just jeeps on growing on me), oaxacan (the best band doing the free skronk jazz punk, better than vampire belt and they dont even have corsano, seeing them open up for rick bishop's new world band in april), clorox girls, axeman (the reissue on siltbreeze might be the best noise punk ive ever heard), crawl unit, the smegma and non collaboration cd (psychedelic industrial death jazz to the max), all time favorite rock records of the week; flamin groovies "teenage head", 13th floor elevators "easter everywhere", mission of burma "the horrible truth about burma", doxa sinistra is still freaking me out too, starting to dig that burnt hills "tonight we ride" cd (took a while to grow on me, i certainly love the idea of 10 pot smoking old peeps up in cold as up state new york gathering in the basement for an epic noise jam with amps lined up on all walls, but this just sounded way too blown out for me. after a while i kinda realized thats the point, and now im really digging it for the same reason i love bands like amt at thier most hendrix and vermonster), collosal yes(utrillo from comets on fire makes an album that souns nothing like psych rock and much more like quirky lo fi psych pop and might even be the best thing to ever come out of that whole camp, believe the hype), loren connors (the moon last night 12" is terrific), k2 (his early stuff is almost exactly what ive always wanted everything referred to as "space noise" to sound like, and he was doing it in the 80s, quickly become one of my favorite noise artists), lots of industrial.

re-discoveries: due to the blog "decreipt tapes" in which i stumbled upon whilst trying to snipe a copy of the first strapping fieldhands album (which they had), i have totally had a re-newed interest in the matador early 90s lo fi stuff. bands like guided by voices, smog, and yo la tengo were to me, as they were too many, some of my very first introductions to indie rock. after a while, i just sort of lost interest in these bands for some reason, even swearing off GBV all together. now listening to them though, i hear brilliance even more as a 21 year old, seasoned wierd music listener, then i did as a 15 year old, naive blackflag/sabbath worshipping skateboarder. what i hear is not just boring silly pop pretty pop songs, but more a destroyed, noise take on prety pop songs, jsut as bands like pussy galore (blues and early classic rock), royal trux (psychedelic, funk, disco, all music trends freom 1960s to 80s) the dead c (krautrock/post punk this heat, faust, etc..), the hospitals and sightings, etc.. (trash/garage punk) all seek to destroy music through mistunings, over-amplification, blown out structure techniques, etc.. the difference is, i can sit and listen to "bee thousand" while reading the paper. i really love re-discovering music like this, makes me feel less jaded that i can appreciater stuff like car commericals and k2 as mentioned above, but still adore a smog love song. oh, and i got that yo la tengo "prisoner of love" compilation, dont really need anything else now. their albums, eve thier best albums like "i can hear the heart beating as one" has slews of tracks id skip.

i knew that was a long post but all ive been doing is listening to music and writing about it as im really trying to start getting myself published.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2009, 12:43 PM   #23724
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses

Old 03.18.2009, 02:19 PM   #23725
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
die kreuzen october file/s/t cd, climax golden twins, C G TA F (climax golden twins and a frames collab), mayyors, dead luke, vivian girls (finally caved in and downloaded everything, very charming aned very likable though unremarkanble, good stuff), crank sturgen, sickness, cock esp, rudu malfatti and mattin (rudu malfatti is a super wied avant trombone player, and mattin is of course burdgeoning noise genius of billy bao and la florieta, etcc. on this he does heavy as shit labtop noise), la florieta/doxseta florieta (same band, except doxseta has some wierd singer or some shit), sapat (finally got mortise and tenon lp after adoring the tongue tied and staid 2" for a couple years, such a unique band in the face of so much noise and noise punk and free noise, etc... of today's sub-underground), the shadow ring (one of my favorite bands of all time, on the level of the velvet underground, sun city girls, royal trux, caroliner, etc.. in the fact that every avant/free/noise rock or punk band whatever has had bits and pieces of them ever since, harry pussy also obviously meets this category. but shadow ring just had something going on, the wierd surrealist dadaist noisescapes with more structuralized post punk textures, and then of course lambkin's amazing surrealist free flowing talking/whispering/screeching vocal delivery. damn), car commericals/home blitz (gulcher is a musical genius), aidan baker/nadja/the discs baker did with tim hecker (with jesu gone stale, isis gone lame post rock, and pelican being the emo pussies theyve always been, baker is the only dude left making good music in this tired old early 00s genre of atmospheric sludge. well i take that back, neurosis is still that, but theyve changed thier style into a whole nother animal completly, jhust that crushing heavy psych tribal thing. they are the kings of art metal. he does so because nadja sounds like no other band in the genre, only using the crushing riffs and rythymic bombast of sludge to deliver something more artistic and unique. i like how he comes equally from a real metal background, as in actually listens to the greats whther it be sabbath or corrputed, as well as experimental and drone background which actually gives him a real knowledge of the drones hes working with, obviously something those other bands do not. well, broadrick does i guess. but nadja is the shit and just jeeps on growing on me), oaxacan (the best band doing the free skronk jazz punk, better than vampire belt and they dont even have corsano, seeing them open up for rick bishop's new world band in april), clorox girls, axeman (the reissue on siltbreeze might be the best noise punk ive ever heard), crawl unit, the smegma and non collaboration cd (psychedelic industrial death jazz to the max), all time favorite rock records of the week; flamin groovies "teenage head", 13th floor elevators "easter everywhere", mission of burma "the horrible truth about burma", doxa sinistra is still freaking me out too, starting to dig that burnt hills "tonight we ride" cd (took a while to grow on me, i certainly love the idea of 10 pot smoking old peeps up in cold as up state new york gathering in the basement for an epic noise jam with amps lined up on all walls, but this just sounded way too blown out for me. after a while i kinda realized thats the point, and now im really digging it for the same reason i love bands like amt at thier most hendrix and vermonster), collosal yes(utrillo from comets on fire makes an album that souns nothing like psych rock and much more like quirky lo fi psych pop and might even be the best thing to ever come out of that whole camp, believe the hype), loren connors (the moon last night 12" is terrific), k2 (his early stuff is almost exactly what ive always wanted everything referred to as "space noise" to sound like, and he was doing it in the 80s, quickly become one of my favorite noise artists), lots of industrial.

re-discoveries: due to the blog "decreipt tapes" in which i stumbled upon whilst trying to snipe a copy of the first strapping fieldhands album (which they had), i have totally had a re-newed interest in the matador early 90s lo fi stuff. bands like guided by voices, smog, and yo la tengo were to me, as they were too many, some of my very first introductions to indie rock. after a while, i just sort of lost interest in these bands for some reason, even swearing off GBV all together. now listening to them though, i hear brilliance even more as a 21 year old, seasoned wierd music listener, then i did as a 15 year old, naive blackflag/sabbath worshipping skateboarder. what i hear is not just boring silly pop pretty pop songs, but more a destroyed, noise take on prety pop songs, jsut as bands like pussy galore (blues and early classic rock), royal trux (psychedelic, funk, disco, all music trends freom 1960s to 80s) the dead c (krautrock/post punk this heat, faust, etc..), the hospitals and sightings, etc.. (trash/garage punk) all seek to destroy music through mistunings, over-amplification, blown out structure techniques, etc.. the difference is, i can sit and listen to "bee thousand" while reading the paper. i really love re-discovering music like this, makes me feel less jaded that i can appreciater stuff like car commericals and k2 as mentioned above, but still adore a smog love song. oh, and i got that yo la tengo "prisoner of love" compilation, dont really need anything else now. their albums, eve thier best albums like "i can hear the heart beating as one" has slews of tracks id skip.

i knew that was a long post but all ive been doing is listening to music and writing about it as im really trying to start getting myself published.

for Fuck's sake dOOd you'll never learn, will you?
How can you expect anybody to read this?
SYNTAX AND PARAGRAPHS FOR THE WIN
The above must be really interesting but NO.
Old 03.18.2009, 02:20 PM   #23726
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666

amazing artwork? Is that psych folk?
Old 03.18.2009, 02:44 PM   #23727
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses
the shades-explosive

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
Old 03.18.2009, 03:16 PM   #23728
greedrex
invito al cielo

Old 03.18.2009, 04:35 PM   #23729
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedrex
for Fuck's sake dOOd you'll never learn, will you?
How can you expect anybody to read this?
SYNTAX AND PARAGRAPHS FOR THE WIN
The above must be really interesting but NO.

got to agree. Especially if yr talking about getting published. You might want to present long passages in a way that won't make people say "fuck it, I can't follow this run-on mess."
Old 03.18.2009, 04:53 PM   #23730
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

slum village-fantastic vol. 2

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
Old 03.18.2009, 05:12 PM   #23731
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses

Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2009, 05:25 PM   #23732
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
I've decided to relisten to my record collection in alphabetical order.

First up: Nancy WIlson/Cannonball Adderly.

I know W comes after A but I have this filed according to Adderly not Wilson because I have other Adderly but no other Wilson. Make sense? If not, then fuck you, too bad.
Old 03.18.2009, 05:48 PM   #23733
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses

mainly my life lately
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2009, 05:58 PM   #23734
stu666
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by greedrex
amazing artwork? Is that psych folk?

Anahita is Tara Burke (Fursaxa) and Helena Espvall-Santoleri (Espers) playing semi-improvised psychedelic folk drones.

Old 03.18.2009, 06:15 PM   #23735
stu666
Super Moderator

Old 03.18.2009, 06:21 PM   #23736
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Now: American Hardcore: The History of American Punk 1980-1986
Old 03.18.2009, 06:43 PM   #23737
stu666
Super Moderator

Tomutonttu - Ehdottelee

Old 03.18.2009, 08:42 PM   #23738
gohleekwang
stalker

gohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's assesgohleekwang kicks all y'all's asses
Eric Clapton - Unplugged
gohleekwang is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2009, 09:38 PM   #23739
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses

Seeing him live tomorrow in Leeds! Progressive electronics in Northern England, it's just so goddamn RIGHT, y'know...

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2009, 09:41 PM   #23740
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhler
i used to have that cd. i seriously can't remember any song on it aside from the chanting of "the gang's all here".

That's about the long and short of it. That and screaming about Boston.
687108711371177118411851186 1187 11881189119011971237128716872187 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth