Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Goodnight, Sweet Prince - atsonicpark extended remix
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.07.2014, 09:01 AM   #161
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Adam's visitation starts in one hour (0900 EST) and the funeral starts in two hours (1000 EST).

When you think about the person / people who will speak at Adam's funeral later today, I wonder if they knew him better or we knew him better? I'm guessing the personality that jumped through our computer screens probably radiated in person......sure wish I could be in attendance.

Down the hall, Mr. Kenneth Roger Baker is in the parlor......wonder if any of his family will venture in to Adam's service?

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2014, 11:08 AM   #162
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
His band mates Kyle, Booe and some close friends will be the pall bearers at his funeral. Not sure who will be speaking. Anyone associated with Adam's drug life from the past year is forbidden from attending. I hope he has a nice ceremony. I somehow managed to not burst into tears as soon as I woke up this morning, I'm sure that will change as I will be thinking hard about him today.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2014, 11:13 AM   #163
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Adam's visitation starts in one hour (0900 EST) and the funeral starts in two hours (1000 EST).

When you think about the person / people who will speak at Adam's funeral later today, I wonder if they knew him better or we knew him better? I'm guessing the personality that jumped through our computer screens probably radiated in person......sure wish I could be in attendance.

I'm not sure that we knew him better than his friends but he was definitely more open with us whether on the board or in private. I think he was embarrassed by his problems and found it hard to speak about in person. Kyle had to get the story of Adam's last year from his mom but somehow I already knew everything that was relayed back to me. That didn't feel right.
Old 02.07.2014, 11:13 AM   #164
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I disagreed with Adam on a load of things, in the best possible way - he always listened to recommendations and took the time to think about stuff properly. Rarely reactionary, often hysterical, often a proper wind-up merchant. He was fucking awesome. I'm particularly sad for Derek.

Finding positives - I'm sure a lot of people would like to see some of his releases put out there, is anyone interested in putting some money together to get a proper record put out or something? There's obviously a shitload of music he made (and films, obviously) that it'd be really nice to get out there, and maybe think about profits going to a suitable charity?

Anyway - overwhelmingly, rest in peace dude, you were fucking awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2014, 01:43 PM   #165
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Glice again.

Hell of an idea. Id be willing to chip in
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2014, 01:59 PM   #166
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
^^^As would I......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
His band mates Kyle, Booe and some close friends will be the pall bearers at his funeral. Not sure who will be speaking. Anyone associated with Adam's drug life from the past year is forbidden from attending. I hope he has a nice ceremony. I somehow managed to not burst into tears as soon as I woke up this morning, I'm sure that will change as I will be thinking hard about him today.

Good to know his band mates were taking part......thanks for sharing that bit of news.
Old 02.07.2014, 02:21 PM   #167
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
This was posted on a Facebook page about Adam's films.

"His funereal was packed guys. They buried him in a sonic t shirt, jeans, and a red flannel. The graveyard were they buried him was a place he and Kyle had filmed part of fracture. I made sure to mention all the people who loved him from the his online life and all the people he touched with his art that he had never met in person. I wanted all you wonderful people to be represented."

Don;t know if this person who posted this is on SYG or what. His name is Paul Michael Wayne Norton
Old 02.07.2014, 02:34 PM   #168
Derek
invito al cielo

Norton was a good early local friend of Adam's. I burst out crying when I read that he was buried in his Sonic t-shirt.
Old 02.07.2014, 03:16 PM   #169
Kegmama
empty page

Kegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's asses
on here for the first time in ages since finding out via fb about adam's passing.. such a depressingly tragic loss of an extremely talented guy..

Kegmama is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2014, 03:38 PM   #170
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
on here for the first time in ages since finding out via fb about adam's passing.. such a depressingly tragic loss of an extremely talented guy..

I thought it was interesting to see so many of y'all "real life" facebooks on that tribute. It was very meaningful, especially the Diamond Sea post. I'm glad that this brought us all back even for short while, to remember how this forum has actually been a part of our real lives, not just virtual fun. We have real friendships, real family connections, some us even married each other and started new families. Sonic Youth is a band that we get such few opportunities to talk about with other people outside of the SYG community, we're like Deadheads in that regard. Also, atsonicpark shows that most of us battle the same demons. I've fought mine, and for now, I've been clean for several years, long enough to have even totally forgot what the sensation and feeling of hard drugs even feels like. However, not long enoug to be naive enough to pretend I'm out of the woods. If anything, atsonicpark's passing at 27 reminds me why I so sincerely and passionately celebrating my 28th b-day a few years ago, when you play with drugs, its "buy the ticket take the ride" wherever it goes, and for many, it doesn't get past that

We love and miss you atsonicpark, and will celebrate your life and how we have all shared in it together.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2014, 03:41 PM   #171
Kegmama
empty page

Kegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I thought it was interesting to see so many of y'all "real life" facebooks on that tribute. It was very meaningful, especially the Diamond Sea post. I'm glad that this brought us all back even for short while, to remember how this forum has actually been a part of our real lives, not just virtual fun. We have real friendships, real family connections, some us even married each other and started new families. Sonic Youth is a band that we get such few opportunities to talk about with other people outside of the SYG community, we're like Deadheads in that regard. Also, atsonicpark shows that most of us battle the same demons. I've fought mine, and for now, I've been clean for several years, long enough to have even totally forgot what the sensation and feeling of hard drugs even feels like. However, not long enoug to be naive enough to pretend I'm out of the woods. If anything, atsonicpark's passing at 27 reminds me why I so sincerely and passionately celebrating my 28th b-day a few years ago, when you play with drugs, its "buy the ticket take the ride" wherever it goes, and for many, it doesn't get past that

We love and miss you atsonicpark, and will celebrate your life and how we have all shared in it together.

love this post. so true.. and awesome that you are clean and doing well my old friend! are you still in LA? anything new and exciting going on?

Kegmama is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2014, 03:47 PM   #172
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
love this post. so true.. and awesome that you are clean and doing well my old friend! are you still in LA? anything new and exciting going on?

Yes I'm in LA and that is why I'm clean. Doing drugs is so 1990s for LA, somebody should have told Justin Beiber yo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2014, 04:38 PM   #173
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Sort of befitting that Adam was laid to rest on the same day as Philip Seymour Hoffman.
Old 02.07.2014, 04:41 PM   #174
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
I didn't realize who you were talking about, sounds like he had a real impact on people even for all his problems. 27 is so young but he seemed to live as full a life as he could get. Isn't that a message to all of us? RIP.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2014, 05:53 PM   #175
SpaceCadetHayden
the end of the ugly

SpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's asses
It's beautiful to see all of this on here. I loved Adam Cooley more than most people I know in real life. If this board has ever done anything for me it's introduce me to him and Derek. I'm still finding it hard to deal with this week in general. Adam, even in death, has a way of putting everything into perspective.

SpaceCadetHayden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2014, 05:57 PM   #176
SpaceCadetHayden
the end of the ugly

SpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's assesSpaceCadetHayden kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I disagreed with Adam on a load of things, in the best possible way - he always listened to recommendations and took the time to think about stuff properly. Rarely reactionary, often hysterical, often a proper wind-up merchant. He was fucking awesome. I'm particularly sad for Derek.

Finding positives - I'm sure a lot of people would like to see some of his releases put out there, is anyone interested in putting some money together to get a proper record put out or something? There's obviously a shitload of music he made (and films, obviously) that it'd be really nice to get out there, and maybe think about profits going to a suitable charity?

Anyway - overwhelmingly, rest in peace dude, you were fucking awesome.
The first paragraph of this is spot on and I can safely say this is the first time Glice has made me cry. Maybe it's the methadone withdrawals. You're all so sweet.

Old 02.07.2014, 06:03 PM   #177
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Hayden!

Doods, I love the love in this thread. Seeing so many folks show up I haven't talked to in a while is a testament to what Adam meant to this board.
Old 02.07.2014, 06:24 PM   #178
SpaceCadetHayden
the end of the ugly

i stick to tumblr and being depressing and whiny elsewhere nowadays. i wanted to see what was happening here. as soon as i heard, i contacted derek. it's been a rough week. when him and hoffman died 2 days after i had a close call it was a wake-up call. i probably still won't be here much, though.

Old 02.07.2014, 06:27 PM   #179
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
based hayden, what's yr tumblr these days?

mines pretty much for my wife to post pictures of witches and fairies, but I still look from time to time.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.07.2014, 06:31 PM   #180
SpaceCadetHayden
the end of the ugly

i think its officialhayden or haydenofficial or something one of those. it's mostly text-posts and gay porn and me clearly losing my mind

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth