Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What are you playing?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.24.2011, 08:02 PM   #4721
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Just got a ton of games on my ps3.

RE1-3 and Code Veronica
Wild Arsm1,2
FF7-9
Parasite Eve
Castlevania SOTN
Xenogears
AAAAAND Vagrant story....w00t

Killer list. Haven't played Vagrant Story or either Wild Arms, haha or RE 3/Code Veronica, but the rest are fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Let me just say...

1) Count Mecha - AWESOME READS. Even for someone like me who hasn't played a PC game since the Myst days. THANK YOU. Top notch posts, as per usual.

4) I'm really glad Skyrim hit it big. Kinda odd that everyone jumped on the Elder Scrolls series like that, especially so late in the game. But I'll take it as a sign of the general public growing tired of CoD/and whatnot. This is a change I couldn't welcome with more open arms.

Haha, thanks, sometimes I feel awkward writing about them because everyone else on here is so console oriented. But I dunno, I've always leaned that way. I think it's because I grew up without a super nintendo, so I didn't really have a console for a long time and played everything on the pc.

That said though, I beat the first Legend of Zelda for the first time a few days ago. I really enjoyed it, but damn it was alot shorter than I thought it would be. Only took like three days. All of the monsters were really diverse (hate those fucking wizzrobes and knight guys) and Link has a real sense of progression going from pipsqueak to badass.

It is most definitely a kids game though, just about every puzzle is reduced to 'find the moveable block' or 'find the wall to blow up'. The three best puzzles in the game are easily the forest maze and going up death mountain and finding dungeon 7. Though really none of those are 'puzzles' per se and more of just paying rupees to a guy in a cave who then tells you what to do. But at least they're intriguing.

The bosses are kind of lame, except that Gohmra or whatever it's called, where you shoot it in the eye. Ganon was really lame though. Completely underwhelming, because there's no real strategy to him, not that I found. You just swat your sword around in the general area that he's going to be and hope you hit him. Death Mountain in general is annoying for all the wrong reasons. At least once I ran out of keys, got trapped in a room and then had to kill myself with the candle. Plus, the silver arrows are too hidden for something that's ESSENTIAL to beating the game. The game doesn't even tell you you need them.

It's all kind of nitpicking though (except Ganon, that's dumb). But what's funny I think is that more than anything, the thing that annoyed me more than anything about the game (and I guarantee its just me) is that they never said what happened to the third Triforce! They don't even mention it! After Ganon explodes or whatever and Link goes into the next room, then there's that moment where they hold both of the Triforces up. I'm just thinking, 'Great. Where's the third one?' Haha, I'm not sure why I care, I mean, it's Zelda, early Zelda at that. Might be the only reason I suffer through Zelda II is because it's about the third Triforce.

But yeah, it was fun. Reminded me too much of Zork, I mean it really is a graphical version of it. But yeah, rocking game. Preferred Link to the Past.

I'm also glad that Skyrim has gotten good traction. I don't even know if it's any good. I didn't really like Oblivion. I guess it's just a culmination of the past few years with people responding well to Fallout 3 and Oblivion. Though I get pissed off every single time I have to listen to someone say 'Yeah, I liked Fallout 3, but I never played the first two.' But at least it gives hope to the idea of people being interested in more dense gameplay again instead of CoD and all of its clones like you say.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.25.2011, 11:54 AM   #4722
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Yes, they're all available on PSN...

I think....like 98% positive...

Oh, I wasn't asking for myself ha. I'm big on the physical copies. Just wondering if you got those from PSN or if you were lucky enough to have a backwards compatible model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Mecha
Killer list. Haven't played Vagrant Story or either Wild Arms, haha or RE 3/Code Veronica, but the rest are fantastic.

Code Veronica is really cool. I haven't gotten around to my copy of RE3 yet... but I do have both for DC.

I liked what I've played of Wild Arms 3 on PS2...

Quote:
Haha, thanks, sometimes I feel awkward writing about them because everyone else on here is so console oriented. But I dunno, I've always leaned that way. I think it's because I grew up without a super nintendo, so I didn't really have a console for a long time and played everything on the pc.

That said though, I beat the first Legend of Zelda for the first time a few days ago. I really enjoyed it, but damn it was alot shorter than I thought it would be. Only took like three days. All of the monsters were really diverse (hate those fucking wizzrobes and knight guys) and Link has a real sense of progression going from pipsqueak to badass.

It is most definitely a kids game though, just about every puzzle is reduced to 'find the moveable block' or 'find the wall to blow up'. The three best puzzles in the game are easily the forest maze and going up death mountain and finding dungeon 7. Though really none of those are 'puzzles' per se and more of just paying rupees to a guy in a cave who then tells you what to do. But at least they're intriguing.

The bosses are kind of lame, except that Gohmra or whatever it's called, where you shoot it in the eye. Ganon was really lame though. Completely underwhelming, because there's no real strategy to him, not that I found. You just swat your sword around in the general area that he's going to be and hope you hit him. Death Mountain in general is annoying for all the wrong reasons. At least once I ran out of keys, got trapped in a room and then had to kill myself with the candle. Plus, the silver arrows are too hidden for something that's ESSENTIAL to beating the game. The game doesn't even tell you you need them.

It's all kind of nitpicking though (except Ganon, that's dumb). But what's funny I think is that more than anything, the thing that annoyed me more than anything about the game (and I guarantee its just me) is that they never said what happened to the third Triforce! They don't even mention it! After Ganon explodes or whatever and Link goes into the next room, then there's that moment where they hold both of the Triforces up. I'm just thinking, 'Great. Where's the third one?' Haha, I'm not sure why I care, I mean, it's Zelda, early Zelda at that. Might be the only reason I suffer through Zelda II is because it's about the third Triforce.

But yeah, it was fun. Reminded me too much of Zork, I mean it really is a graphical version of it. But yeah, rocking game. Preferred Link to the Past.

I'm also glad that Skyrim has gotten good traction. I don't even know if it's any good. I didn't really like Oblivion. I guess it's just a culmination of the past few years with people responding well to Fallout 3 and Oblivion. Though I get pissed off every single time I have to listen to someone say 'Yeah, I liked Fallout 3, but I never played the first two.' But at least it gives hope to the idea of people being interested in more dense gameplay again instead of CoD and all of its clones like you say.

It sucks. I still have a fair share of older PC games left; but because I have Windows 7, my laptop won't even recognize them. What a bunch of bs.

I've had my LoZ cart for over 15 years now.... and I still haven't played it until the end. I'm a wuss. I am playing Skyward Sword however, great game, but I'm currently without my TV w/ composite hookups. So I must wait until I can dive into it again.

The only Elder Scrolls game I've ever played was Morrowind on the o.g. XBOX. It wasn't necessarily my kind of RPG...
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.25.2011, 02:03 PM   #4723
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Yes...Code Veronica is pretty good. I never beat it though....I had it on the DC. Oh and Joe, sorry, I thought you were asking for yourself....AND! actually...I think all PS3's are PS1 compatible, just not PS2 compatible....if that makes sense. If I would've known this, I would've been playing FF8 a LONG time ago, since I still have my copy of it. Anyways....I prefer a digital collection, I have a lot of clutter anyways, and if I owned all the games I want, well....my room would be much more of a mess

But yeah.....I fuckin' stayed up till 5 am last night trying to kill the Mechanical Spider on the SeeD exam...I failed. Well...one time I actually got the AP for my GFs but then I was 2 seconds away from the cutscene andgame over. So...I gave up.

Anyways....back to FF8.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.25.2011, 02:09 PM   #4724
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I also want one of these.....psx. It's a PS2, but with an internal HDD and video recording.

Old 12.26.2011, 10:42 AM   #4725
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
got some new games for xmas ==

Borderlands (PS3)
Sonic Generations (PS3)
Ico/SotC collection (PS3)
Tactics Ogre (PSP)

plus a bunch of GS giftcards.
Old 12.26.2011, 06:34 PM   #4726
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Borderlands is pretty fun. I avoided it for a long time because I hate the cover. But it's pretty good. The art is really comic bookesque if that's your thing. The only thing I don't like about it is how it really de-emphasizes any RPG aspects it has. All of the skills you take are really under the hood, noticeable differences are pretty scant. I don't really think the classes are that varied, aside from their one class specific skill. That all sounds pretty negative I guess. But it really is pretty fun. Shooting monsters and crazy howling outlaws is hard to mess up I guess.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.26.2011, 10:11 PM   #4727
Pelle
expwy. to yr skull

Pelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's assesPelle kicks all y'all's asses
Wordfeud lol
Pelle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.27.2011, 08:49 AM   #4728
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Borderlands is pretty fun. I avoided it for a long time because I hate the cover. But it's pretty good. The art is really comic bookesque if that's your thing. The only thing I don't like about it is how it really de-emphasizes any RPG aspects it has. All of the skills you take are really under the hood, noticeable differences are pretty scant. I don't really think the classes are that varied, aside from their one class specific skill. That all sounds pretty negative I guess. But it really is pretty fun. Shooting monsters and crazy howling outlaws is hard to mess up I guess.

yeah I had played it before. I'm not a huge FPS fan, but something about Borderlands just works for me. Maybe it's the art direction. Similarly, I enjoyed XIII on PS2 -- perhaps for the same reason? Though I admit, the leveling up etc in Bordlerlands is a nice draw for me too.

yesterday went to GS and picked up some games with a couple of my xmas giftcards -- all PS3 -- got: King of Fighters XII, Tekken 6, and Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (all for fightclub) and then nabbed Sonic All-Star Racing as well.

BTW -- it turns out Sonic Generations is one of the best games I've played all year. Mindblowingly awesome. I can't even believe that a new Sonic game is this great. But yeah. I've been addicted to it so hard for the past couple of days, just playing hours at a time and I'm already almost done with it. Haha.
Old 12.27.2011, 02:10 PM   #4729
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

^ XII?!?!? Why not XIII?

I still can't get new Ps3 games because of the firmware update....fug it all!
Old 12.27.2011, 03:16 PM   #4730
noisereductions
invito al cielo

because it's BUDGET fightclub. We play games that are $30 or under to keep it cheaper. So I'll mess with XII until the price drops on XIII.
Old 12.27.2011, 09:43 PM   #4731
noisereductions
invito al cielo

my Top 10 games of the year:

http://www.rfgeneration.com/blogs/no...-2011-2076.php
Old 12.28.2011, 01:22 AM   #4732
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

^watched my bud play some. It looks whey cool. I want it.
Old 12.28.2011, 06:11 AM   #4733
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions

There's too many Beat-Em-Ups in your list for my taste.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.28.2011, 08:40 AM   #4734
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
There's too many Beat-Em-Ups in your list for my taste.

do you mean fighting games? Because the only game on my list that could ALMOST be called a beat-em-up is No More Heroes. But even that's a stretch.
Old 12.28.2011, 01:04 PM   #4735
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

yeah great list NR. Finally got around to reading it. I had never seen anything from Shadows of the Damned, but now I might check it out.

still have Neptunia and Catherine on my list of games to get...
Old 12.28.2011, 03:43 PM   #4736
Pax Americana
expwy. to yr skull

Pax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99

Just started this as well, and it's awesome!
Pax Americana is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.30.2011, 12:24 PM   #4737
noisereductions
invito al cielo

in case you care, here's a list of every game I beat in 2011:

1. Mercs (PS2)
2. Darkstalkers 3 (PS1)
3. House Of The Dead Overkill (Wii)
4. Mega Man 3 (PS2)
5. Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters (PS2)
6. Halo 2600 (Atari 2600)
7. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (NES)
8. Castlevania Chronicles (PS1)
9. Shadow Of The Colossus (PS2)
10. Capcom Vs. SNK Pro (PS1)
11. Capcom Vs. SNK 2: Mark Of The Millennium (PS2)
12. Super Street Fighter IV (PS3)
13. Mobile Light Force (PS1)
14. Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (PS3)
15. Galaga Arrangement (PSP)
16. BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (PS3)
17. Mr. Driller (PS1)
18. Dead Or Alive (PS1)
19. Mamoru-kun (PS3)
20. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time Reshelled (PSN)
21. Ridge Racer (PS1)
22. Mega Man X4 (PS1)
23. Rapid Angels (PSN)
24. Catherine (PS3)
25. Let's Go Jungle! (arcade)
26. Super Puzzle Fighter II: For Matching Service (DC)
27. Kill Bill Vol. 1 (DC)
28. Dead Or Alive 2 (DC)
29. Gunbird 2 (DC)
30. GigaWing (DC)
31. Street Fighter Alpha 3 (DC)
32. Streets Of Rage (PS3)
33. Shining Force (PS3)
34. Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (PSN)
35. Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition (PSN)
36. LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
37. SoulCalibur IV (PS3)
38. King of Fighters XII (PS3)
39. Sonic Generations (PS3)
Old 12.30.2011, 12:39 PM   #4738
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
sorry, biopillow_2012 is taken.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.30.2011, 02:45 PM   #4739
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
in case you care, here's a list of every game I beat in 2011:

1. Mercs (PS2)
2. Darkstalkers 3 (PS1)
3. House Of The Dead Overkill (Wii)
4. Mega Man 3 (PS2)
5. Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters (PS2)
6. Halo 2600 (Atari 2600)
7. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (NES)
8. Castlevania Chronicles (PS1)
9. Shadow Of The Colossus (PS2)
10. Capcom Vs. SNK Pro (PS1)
11. Capcom Vs. SNK 2: Mark Of The Millennium (PS2)
12. Super Street Fighter IV (PS3)
13. Mobile Light Force (PS1)
14. Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (PS3)
15. Galaga Arrangement (PSP)
16. BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (PS3)
17. Mr. Driller (PS1)
18. Dead Or Alive (PS1)
19. Mamoru-kun (PS3)
20. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time Reshelled (PSN)
21. Ridge Racer (PS1)
22. Mega Man X4 (PS1)
23. Rapid Angels (PSN)
24. Catherine (PS3)
25. Let's Go Jungle! (arcade)
26. Super Puzzle Fighter II: For Matching Service (DC)
27. Kill Bill Vol. 1 (DC)
28. Dead Or Alive 2 (DC)
29. Gunbird 2 (DC)
30. GigaWing (DC)
31. Street Fighter Alpha 3 (DC)
32. Streets Of Rage (PS3)
33. Shining Force (PS3)
34. Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (PSN)
35. Street Fighter III Third Strike Online Edition (PSN)
36. LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
37. SoulCalibur IV (PS3)
38. King of Fighters XII (PS3)
39. Sonic Generations (PS3)

Do fighters really count? I mean seriously...they take like 30 minutes.
Old 12.30.2011, 02:47 PM   #4740
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
sorry, biopillow_2012 is taken.

Really? Aw shucks.
187227234235236 237 238239240247 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth