Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Let's massacre a band vol.5- Sonic Youth
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.19.2010, 03:39 PM   #21
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcharge
my sentiments exactly, i admit i liked some of their early work, but when they started using french that's when i knew there was something seriously wrong with this band
Yeah seriously. French has got to be the worst language ever, and it's spoken by the worst people ever. France is the worst country of them all, I fucking hate it! Not only is it ugly and dumb, but it's also the most pretentious shit ever. I admit I quite liked France before all the hype, but now it's just so mainstream. I prefer underground countries such as Liechtenstein.
Same with Sonic Youth. Now that they've got more than 1,000,000 tracks on last.fm, I can't listen to them. Fucking P4K crap.
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2010, 05:51 PM   #22
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
I believe this thread is a spoof of the others.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2010, 05:58 PM   #23
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
I'm starting to feel pathetic for still browsing this message board.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2010, 06:29 PM   #24
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
I believe this thread is a spoof of the others.
Keeping it obvious.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2010, 06:30 PM   #25
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
Keeping it late to the party.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2010, 10:23 PM   #26
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYRFox
Same with Sonic Youth. Now that they've got more than 1,000,000 tracks on last.fm, I can't listen to them. Fucking P4K crap.
out here in this whirlpool world
dreamin' of a pitchfork kiss

prophetic.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2010, 11:30 PM   #27
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
i'm not sure if this is out of total love or sheer ignorance, but i cannot think of one bad thing to say about sonic youth.

okay, maybe some non-committal half-trashing of bits of rather ripped, but that's definitely more of a shrug than a massacre.
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.19.2010, 11:34 PM   #28
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser

bro, you have a bright future ahead of you in the field of understatements.

i just want to get the msn addresses of a select few people from here that i actually like and would like to talk to more and then split forever, and leave this place to be torn to even finer peices by the rabid mangy dogs desperate for scraps. it's become a right wing hole of alterna-conservatives shouting down anyone who challenges their prideful ignorance and oh so cynical worldview. i hate everything i post and almost everything i read. it's like - you could do so much better - me, you, most of us. i get the impression a lot of us have developed personalities here and are just play acting for attention at this point. i don't know what it is about sy at this point that is generating the type of people we see here today but it's not something i want to be a part of. eyeliner, helen lundeburg and anti orgasm are cool songs, but they are just shallow pop songs and nothing more to me at this point. as for sy, whatever, i think that k punk piece from a while back says it all.

and the problem is that message boards never die, they just slowly slowly grind to a pathetic inertia.

it would be better for us all if chabib decided he was gonna close this place and set a certain date. and then we'd all have finality and could move on.

but once you've started posting and you gain some sort of a presence no matter how stupid it is and no matter how much you are just playing games of how cool am i or how cynical or whatever it's hard to stop.

at this point in my life i am having a hard time giving a shit about entertainment of any sort, be it music or film or whatever. it's gotten to the point now were entertainment and hedonism is something i want to escape FROM not into.

this isn't a place were you can learn anything much, it's just a place to have your ego and ignorance confirmed and publically display what a dick you are, or how smart or nihilistic you are... so what. it's fun, but sometimes it's tiring aswell.

like i can't be bothered ripping on everyone, it's just so futile. i feel like my brain is dumbening every second i spend here. like some 17th century french peasant jacking his syphilitic dick over and over till it falls off.

i am totally being sapped in time and energy by hanging here. the best thing to come out of this place have been adams films which are so good they had me planning to go film my own after watching them. (not doing that now cos im concentrating on writing and its logistically impossible to film the stuff i want atm). but anyway, im getting really bored trying to pretend i care these days and know there is different stuff i should be doing. that nagging truth cant be suppressed no matter how hard i try. i can act in bad faith but i can't live my whole life in it.

i don't even THINK when i'm watching a film anymore. it's very hard to even listen to music, i forget i'm listening to it and don't notice it. it doesn't leave any real impression. not always the fault of the music, it's just my head is not there and is looking for something completly different. i think with a fast broadband connection you just become totally oversaturated with music and film to the point were it means nothing anymore. so whatever, time for me to take a break, it will always be there if i need it.

ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.20.2010, 03:39 AM   #29
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
hey, thanks, n'ik. glad you like my stuff. I feel a lot of the same shit you're feeling about this place, but I'm too fucked up to post anything in response at the moment.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.21.2010, 01:45 PM   #30
Bal
the end of the ugly

Bal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYRFox
hmm i'm not sure i understand your comparation with the white stripes, but yeah, I guess you've got to enjoy Berlin's minimal techno to enjoy Extrawelt.

what i was trying to say is that they make well produced tunes, but nothing very original.
berlins minimal techno has much more to offer than extrawelt.

Bal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth