Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The pro gun movement
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.12.2010, 11:20 PM   #421
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
In other words, I think people like you who have a knack for thinking that their way of thinking is the only sort that should matter...are largely responsible for what happened at Columbine.

Nothing wrong w/ a little peace/love/understanding...even if you don't agree w/ someone else. Making fun of people that have different opinions is not usually the best rt. to take when trying to prove a point.
Old 08.13.2010, 02:09 AM   #422
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
No need to constantly make fun of people...Every time you do, you are just further proving my point(s) on the natural/animalistic behaviors that do indeed exist in humans...like violence/etc.
First, I don't understand the assumption that only 'negative' behavior is natural/animalistic behavior. Secondly, ridiculing someone does not justify violence somewhere else. You're brushing with such very broad strokes to make this quasi-argument.

Quote:
Anyways, I live here...it's only natural TO BE CONCERNED w/ the area one lives in...but still, I support guns being everywhere, sans prisons. As prisons are put into place at least partially for folks that don't know how to respect guns + what they can do. Except for prison staff, of course....who obviously need them for their own SAFETY.
You oppose the possession of guns in prisons? Why do you hate freedom so much?
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2010, 03:25 AM   #423
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
We're talking about someone that "lol's" at a way someone else speaks, which is common dialogue "around these parts".

It's stupid, it's negative, it's rude...not to mention completely hypocritical coming from someone that preaches people should travel and understand other parts of the globe.

Whatever though...let her keep on if giving people shit for the most trivial of reasons is her idea of a good time. Sad, really.
Old 08.13.2010, 03:37 AM   #424
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

I'm done with this thread. Being mean over what should be an adult conversation is just something I refuse to allow myself to identify with.

Loved yr posts Rob, loved some of yrs Knox, and of course pb's are never too bad either.

<3
Old 08.13.2010, 04:16 AM   #425
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I'll take it with a grain of salt, which goes to prove that boulders of salt exist.
Old 08.13.2010, 06:43 AM   #426
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I'm done with this thread. Being mean over what should be an adult conversation is just something I refuse to allow myself to identify with.

Loved yr posts Rob, loved some of yrs Knox, and of course pb's are never too bad either.

<3

I was talking about the gun problem caused the US gun laws outside the borders but I guess you wouldn't have seen that or it wouldn't matter to you.

I guess you're not getting it, but my point is precisely that I agree that humans have violent instincts therefore it seems even mroe stupid to give them the power to maxizime their potential damage.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2010, 06:49 AM   #427
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
We're talking about someone that "lol's" at a way someone else speaks, which is common dialogue "around these parts".

It's stupid, it's negative, it's rude...not to mention completely hypocritical coming from someone that preaches people should travel and understand other parts of the globe.

Whatever though...let her keep on if giving people shit for the most trivial of reasons is her idea of a good time. Sad, really.

mmm, im not having a good time, i really could not be. but im sorry i had a little bit of a sense of humour and you ran out of things to say.

as for thr world peace preaching thing and whatnot, please note im not suchfriends.

Old 08.13.2010, 07:26 AM   #428
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah I am outta here to. Thanks for posting your thoughts ann I can not put it anybetter and am trying to not get too aggitated this morning.<3

All else interesting as always

I am a peace. Supporter. But rreality is and I'm sorry it hurts it aint comin any time soon. Just take a look at the history of the human race if u need proof.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2010, 07:36 AM   #429
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Oh and I did not give up on peace I strive for it with everyone meet. Its just very naïve to think that all will be peaceful. People like you keep the scale balanced otherwise it would be complete chaos. the word peace would not exist if not for the word war. Yin and yang

Old 08.13.2010, 12:05 PM   #430
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
I wouldn't be mocking them if their practical result wasn't "Fuck advocating for peace, Jesus will do it for us when he comes back." Not very Christ-like in the tradition I was brought up in.

Over the two weeks that I lived in East LA about a month and a half ago, a boy was shot execution-style down the street. Care to fully understand that environment? What fraction of America was he?

amen amen.

Jesus is an operative power of love in THIS present moment, as the present moment is always eternity, the past is your memories it only exists in your mind, the future is a projection of your imagination, it doesn't even exist yet, therefore Jesus doesn't exist at some random or even choreographed point in the future, the absolute and only place Jesus exists is the present moment, the now, so why wait for then when then is now?

so I take it you have loitered around my LA TIMES homicide project thread? those bodies pile up senselessly in Los Angeles night after night, if my heart wasn't already broken I swear it would have melted away like a dripping candle..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2010, 10:29 PM   #431
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

gun nuts, fuck it y'all can have your shotguns but what the fuck is the honest purpose of a hand gun or an assault weapon other than to hurt people?

peace lovers, fuck it, lets count our victories here, gun control is on the rise, responsible ownership is on the rise, shootings are down every year, lets truly count our blessings. While the flag has still got to be hoisted, we are well on our way to getting these things accomplished.

so it's that black & white.... there's "gun nuts" and then "peace lovers"? Way to stretch that 15 year old's intellect!

FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2010, 02:04 PM   #432
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL

I am a peace. Supporter. But rreality is and I'm sorry it hurts it aint comin any time soon. Just take a look at the history of the human race if u need proof.

but thats like: fuck it. let them die. even if we can prevent some of it, let's not do whatever we can. kind of.

Old 08.14.2010, 08:21 PM   #433
pbradley
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
Oh and I did not give up on peace I strive for it with everyone meet. Its just very naïve to think that all will be peaceful. People like you keep the scale balanced otherwise it would be complete chaos. the word peace would not exist if not for the word war. Yin and yang
Were we talking about absolute peace? Then forgive me. I don't even think about peace in that sense, anymore. For me, its in small actions, dispositions, self-knowledge.
Old 08.15.2010, 09:09 AM   #434
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Look I agree with you both. Small actions in everyday life towards peace speak volumes. I am not trying to discourage efforts for a more peaceful existance that is exacty what god wants us to do in my belief. There is no society without individuals and everyones good intent helps. I have not lost hope in it or just depend on someone else to bring it for me I try my best to live it in my life. That's all that I can do

Old 08.15.2010, 02:47 PM   #435
knox
invito al cielo

well, I believe preventing deaths by limiting access to guns is pretty doable.

Old 08.15.2010, 02:56 PM   #436
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox

Limiting being the operative word. There's plenty of cultures - Sweden, Canada - where guns are very common; their use and distribution is part of a very different culture. As a for instance on greater prohibitions: this (as analogy) and this (in relation to the UK's gun laws). I wouldn't want to stop everyone owning guns. It's a liberty I think we can afford. I don't disagree with the basic point that a lot of people - maybe a majority - can be trusted with guns; the point is that a culture with astronomical gun-related fatality figures (such as America) simply cannot continue as it is. I'm sure suchfriends... (and Bradders?) have seen first-hand what happens in the nastier bits of LA. America accepts to its bosom hundreds of bits of legislation that inhibit their personal freedoms; adding guns to that list is by no means a huge ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2010, 02:58 PM   #437
knox
invito al cielo

but I'm also talking about the damage the american gun industry/lobby and its lack of proper regulation does to the rest of the continent.

Old 08.16.2010, 09:18 AM   #438
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:

Yes it is. Not everyone needs a gun. Most people dont, and those of us that do certainly dont need automatic weapons. I dont think we need these gun shows traveling around shelling em out like candy. Guns should have the highest restrictions of anything that we purchase, and the market definitly needs to be monitored better. I am sure that plenty of folks are not following the quidelines as they should.

Old 08.16.2010, 11:47 AM   #439
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshChops
so it's that black & white.... there's "gun nuts" and then "peace lovers"? Way to stretch that 15 year old's intellect!
way to trample on my olive branch! shit, I was addressing the two extremes and hoping the comprised I suggested could bridge the gap...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
the point is that a culture with astronomical gun-related fatality figures (such as America) simply cannot continue as it is. I'm sure suchfriends... (and Bradders?) have seen first-hand what happens in the nastier bits of LA. America accepts to its bosom hundreds of bits of legislation that inhibit their personal freedoms; adding guns to that list is by no means a huge ask.
amen amen! pure brilliance! will you please run for governor here, our current options are shit. we need some of that insight you have posted there fi real!
Quote:
but I'm also talking about the damage the american gun industry/lobby and its lack of proper regulation does to the rest of the continent.

yes, that is probably the worst evil of them all, but people have been deceived by gun lobbyists so we who are aware need to advocate, but that involved diplomacy and finesse, you have to move the people before you can have a movement, and that involves working with all and respecting all of their ideas, feelings and opinions, even if they are dangerously out of step with reality. small victories win the war in the long run..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.16.2010, 02:09 PM   #440
knox
invito al cielo

yeah but every day until that small victory means deaths.

this morning i watched something on tv about many cases happened in the past months of accidents with guns, this morning a dad accidentaly killed his child while cleaning his gun.

despite the whole violence & crime, journalists are free to say "guns should be in the hands of the police only, and they will sadly be in the hands of criminals but in no way they should EVER be owned by regular citizens"

I mean, you can say that here without getting stoned to death, because it sounds like common sense.

192021 22 23242532 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth