Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page super 8 film
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.25.2008, 08:11 PM   #1
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
i bought a super 8 camera mouths back intending to document stuff around me just because i like to document stuff that i have done. well i never used it for reasons i don't know. i was wondering what is the best film to get that is available nowadays? i know kodak is the only company that still makes super 8 film and i think there's only 4 kinds left (two color and two black and white kind i think). i'm interested in the plus x reversal and the tri x reversal black and white film. i don't know the difference between the two though. does anyone know how may minutes i can record on 50 foot film?

anyway, i'm asking all this because when i move to new york city i actually do want to document my time there with my camera, so any help would be great.

also, i know they have them on ebay, but does anyone want to get rid of their super 8 film edit machine? if anyone has one.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2008, 09:42 PM   #2
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
super 8 carts are generally i think 3 1/2 minutes
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2008, 02:57 AM   #3
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Like terminal said. Approx. 3 mins.
I used K40 till it was discontinued a few years back.
Your best bet would be to get Ektachrome 64T or Fuji Velvia 50D for colour, and Kodak Tri X for B&W

I have 2 editing/film splicers which I don't intend on selling.
Try looking at 2nd hand stores. They go for next to nothing nowadays.

Also, it'll cost you about 20 bucks per 3 min of film that you shoot (developing costs included),
and on top of that, you won't know how it turned out till it gets back from the lab.
A very expensive way of documenting your time in NYC, wouldn't you say?
Good luck.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth