Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Users
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.24.2008, 05:19 PM   #1
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
It seems alot of "older" (for you old people's sake) are attracted to this forum and perhaps enjoy the breadth of the internet, but I, a young-un, see it as a horrible sin that I should subject myself to this world - hence my lack of participation. I wonder if this queer coincidence spawns out of aged people's search for ease of use, or my distaste for all those children who should not be subjected to this...place. First hand I see all of, what I believe to be, the ill-effects of prolonged internet use and thus curse its existence.
What is the internet's appeal to you?
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2008, 05:21 PM   #2
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
im so old i just find it easier to communicate without having the spectre of foreboding death etched on my furrowed brow forcing its vision into the young peoples eyes........
Old 05.24.2008, 05:23 PM   #3
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicfollower
It seems alot of "older" (for you old people's sake) are attracted to this forum and perhaps enjoy the breadth of the internet, but I, a young-un, see it as a horrible sin that I should subject myself to this world - hence my lack of participation. I wonder if this queer coincidence spawns out of aged people's search for ease of use, or my distaste for all those children who should not be subjected to this...place. First hand I see all of, what I believe to be, the ill-effects of prolonged internet use and thus curse its existence.

wait, what?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2008, 05:31 PM   #4
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
all old people are the same, all young people are the same
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2008, 05:49 PM   #5
o'connor
expwy. to yr skull

o'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

the same reason i enjoy texting so much, so i don't have to talk to people. it's so much easier this way, no long awkward period of time spent trying to get the other person to shut the fuck up or anything like that. w/ the net and texting i can reply at my own pace or just ignore them completely. works great for relatives you really have no desire to speak too but for some reason feel you must say hi every now and again.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001798646886 - Personal

http://soundcloud.com/j-o-c-o - JoCo (Music)

http://soundcloud.com/driftera - Drift Era (Music)
o'connor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2008, 09:01 PM   #6
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
So we can be assholes to one another.
✌➬ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2008, 09:33 PM   #7
o'connor
expwy. to yr skull

o'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asses
that too.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001798646886 - Personal

http://soundcloud.com/j-o-c-o - JoCo (Music)

http://soundcloud.com/driftera - Drift Era (Music)
o'connor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2008, 10:17 PM   #8
steve newman
bad moon rising

steve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's asses
it's a lot cheaper trolling here than it is trolling a bar.
steve newman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2008, 10:33 PM   #9
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm another 'oldie'. I joined here more because it was busy and lively than out of any really enduring love of SY (who, to be honest, I lost interest in around the release of Goo). As such, I rarely talk about the band here. Although I'm officially a bottom-grade university lecturer, most of my work is done at home, and this place provides me with a convenient escape route from the chore of marking essays, preparing lectures, etc. I'm also an isomniac, which is why I'm currently sitting here, cigarette in mouth, typing this at 4.30 in the morning.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2008, 10:47 PM   #10
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
I decided I wanted to join a band forum, so I could discover more music. I was going to join The Verlaines forum, but it's just too inactive - about 2 posts per month. So I decided to join here instead. I also wanted to waste time on another part of the internet, because Myspace was getting boring.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2008, 10:50 PM   #11
Ciccone Warhol Monroe
little trouble girl

Ciccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's assesCiccone Warhol Monroe kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve newman
it's a lot cheaper trolling here than it is trolling a bar.

here, here. let's party tonight in the universe?
Ciccone Warhol Monroe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2008, 10:53 PM   #12
steve newman
bad moon rising

steve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's assessteve newman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciccone Warhol Monroe
here, here. let's party tonight in the universe?
i'm on my way!
steve newman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2008, 11:30 PM   #13
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I'm certainly older than you, but then most of the people on the planet are aren't they?

I find that defining people by age is really easy way to overlook lots of other qualities.

Too answer you question, I use the internet for networking primarily, and after that as a source of information.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2008, 01:28 AM   #14
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
youtube rocks. that's why i use the interweb.
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2008, 02:58 AM   #15
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by o'connor
the same reason i enjoy texting so much, so i don't have to talk to people. it's so much easier this way, no long awkward period of time spent trying to get the other person to shut the fuck up or anything like that. w/ the net and texting i can reply at my own pace or just ignore them completely. works great for relatives you really have no desire to speak too but for some reason feel you must say hi every now and again.

ditto
Old 05.25.2008, 03:24 AM   #16
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Becuase it is hard to get a number of people together to have an engaging conversation about a single topic outside of a classroom or at a bar.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2008, 03:39 AM   #17
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
+ i don't know that many people who like/ love SY the way i do. And i find these very people tend to have interesting tastes and views.
Old 05.25.2008, 03:40 AM   #18
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
downloading music as well

i would die if i couldnt
Old 05.25.2008, 04:46 AM   #19
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
what is old anyway.......
Old 05.25.2008, 05:02 AM   #20
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

what i would consider old is maybe like 60 upwards

30-40 definitely not old

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth