Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is it wrong that i dont feel comfortable being an organ donor?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.22.2008, 12:24 PM   #41
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
haha

You gonna run to the sea
But the sea will be boiling
When you run to the sea
The sea will be boiling
All along that day

You gonna run to the rocks
The rocks will be melting

When you run to the rocks
The rocks will be melitng
All that day

So I said
downpressor man, where you gonna run to all along that day..

You drink your big champagne and laugh
ha ha ha

All along that day

But I wouldn't like to be a flea
Under your collar man

All along that day

You can run but you can't hide
Telling you all along that day

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2008, 12:29 PM   #42
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
even though the idea of body being mutilated and cut to shribbons gives me the heebeegeebees i still would donate
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2008, 01:01 PM   #43
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
its not about what happens after you die, you are not dead when they resuscitate you, you are just unconscious, they prolong and agonize your death in order to harvest you like a butcher, now it may be for a good cause, but that is quite the sacrifice, you and I do not know what people's true last moments are, or what they are worth, but from the religious traditions and rituals associated with death and last right's rituals, I would assume it is a significant spiritual/metaphysical experience. that being said, I would not want to fuck with that for anything, even if I was the one who needed the organ. surely the 15-20 minutes they save by keeping near dead folks alive to preserve their organs is not worth the interruption of a persons last exprience of this world.
If it is a metaphysical experience, then how could a physical experience interrupt it? Of course I'm assuming you're using the non-philosophical definition of the term since you associated it with spirituality. The spiritual experience of death must not be as significant as you say if it is so easily interrupted by the physical.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2008, 01:38 PM   #44
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
its not about what happens after you die, you are not dead when they resuscitate you, you are just unconscious, they prolong and agonize your death in order to harvest you like a butcher, now it may be for a good cause, but that is quite the sacrifice, you and I do not know what people's true last moments are, or what they are worth, but from the religious traditions and rituals associated with death and last right's rituals, I would assume it is a significant spiritual/metaphysical experience. that being said, I would not want to fuck with that for anything, even if I was the one who needed the organ. surely the 15-20 minutes they save by keeping near dead folks alive to preserve their organs is not worth the interruption of a persons last exprience of this world.

those are extreme cases.
most organ donors are sudden deaths, not people on respirators and shit like that.
keeping a brain dead body alive for even an hour allows time to take out organs and use them, as many of them are only good for a few dozen minutes once removed from the body
Old 05.22.2008, 01:42 PM   #45
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
even though the idea of body being mutilated and cut to shribbons gives me the heebeegeebees i still would donate

why do people freak about their body being "mutilated" by skilled surgeons to aid other humans but do not give a flying fuck that their body will be mutilated by rot, fungus, worms, bugs, etc, in a much much more heinious manner than any doctor (except the ones in bangladesh that harvest from unconscious subjects)?

you know when you die, your body gets MUTILATED by the coroner if they do an autopsy, and definitely MUTILATED by a mortician when they remove your internal organs, THROW THEM AWAY, and process you embalmed for your funeral, right? does people's completely illogical aversion to organ donation not seem FUCKING STUPID AND JUVENILE????????

I mean, what is the point of that?
Old 05.22.2008, 01:53 PM   #46
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
rob is correct.

not that any of my organs would be any good anyway. certainly no one would want my liver. or my lungs.

if anyone wants it you can have my uterus right now. i'm never going to need it.
Old 05.22.2008, 04:17 PM   #47
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous

if anyone wants it you can have my uterus right now. i'm never going to need it.

It's a deal.
✌➬ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2008, 04:39 PM   #48
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

this is garbage
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2008, 06:18 PM   #49
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal pharmacy
this is garbage

i forgot to mention-- i didn't use to be a donor (paranoias), but last time i changed my driver's license they asked me if i wanted and i remembered your story and i said yes. just so you know what you post in the internet makes a difference.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2008, 07:50 PM   #50
charles eugene
bad moon rising

charles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's asses
yea, shits crazy.

I heard this crazy but true story on the radio a while back and it went like this: This guy's friend(a girl) starting dating this new guy who worked at a morgue. They had sex or whatever and a couple days later there was this bump on her and when she popped it, a worm came out or something.
She went to the doctor and he said the only way should could have that is if she had sex with a dead person (and/or someone who had sex with a dead person)!!!

charles eugene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2008, 07:52 PM   #51
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
EWW Necros.
✌➬ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2008, 01:25 AM   #52
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
I heard a news story on the radio related to organ donations. People would sign up for their organs to be removed and reused when they die, then they would die, and their family members wouldn't allow the removal of their organs, saying it was "disrespectful", and "not right".
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2008, 08:40 AM   #53
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

exactly, one has to make a living will, or put a will into effect, and tell EVERYONE about yr decision so it does not become THEIR decision.
Old 05.23.2008, 07:48 PM   #54
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
why do people freak about their body being "mutilated" by skilled surgeons to aid other humans but do not give a flying fuck that their body will be mutilated by rot, fungus, worms, bugs, etc, in a much much more heinious manner than any doctor (except the ones in bangladesh that harvest from unconscious subjects)?

you know when you die, your body gets MUTILATED by the coroner if they do an autopsy, and definitely MUTILATED by a mortician when they remove your internal organs, THROW THEM AWAY, and process you embalmed for your funeral, right? does people's completely illogical aversion to organ donation not seem FUCKING STUPID AND JUVENILE????????

I mean, what is the point of that?

it's not rational, i can't help feeling this way, and as long as i choose to do the right thing & donate i don't see why my instictive aversion to thinking about my body parts being removed matters to you.
and i don't like the idea of my body being cut up by a pathologist, mortician, or coroner, nor being cremated.
anyway, i'm not having an open casket so as far as i know their will be no embalming. unless i choose to be mummified.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2008, 11:49 AM   #55
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
and look what came up on the news today

N.Y. Planning Special Ambulance To Recover Organs
By Rob Stein
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, May 24, 2008; A01

In the hope of saving the lives of more people waiting for transplants, New York City is working on a plan to deploy a special ambulance to collect the bodies of people who have died suddenly from heart attacks, accidents and other emergencies and try to preserve their organs.

If the "rapid-organ-recovery ambulance" succeeds, officials would like to expand the unique pilot program citywide with a fleet of ambulances and eventually duplicate it in other cities.

"We hope this will fulfill the wishes of more potential organ donors and their families in these tragic settings, and provide more organs to save the lives of those who are now dying on the waiting list," said James Burdick of the federal Health Resources and Services Administration, which is funding the project with a $1.5 million, three-year grant.

Some doctors and ethicists, however, say the initiative raises a host of prickly issues, including whether it is ethical to perform procedures on and administer drugs to a body to preserve the organs before getting a loved one's approval, as is expected to happen often. They also worry about blurring the line between saving lives and removing organs, potentially undermining public trust in emergency medical care and the organ donor system.

[^thats my fear-- but fuckit]
more:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...303006_pf.html
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2008, 12:15 PM   #56
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
threadstarter: you shouldn't be told what to do by anybody, even if it's right or wrong. end of story.

about donating organs, if someone needs them, why not give them. i find it weird that tons of people have no problem donating blood when alive but find it wrong to donate organs.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2008, 12:24 PM   #57
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
is suchfriends back onthe weed???? he hasnt spoke of hardcore in a while... anyway, i jest my firned rasta or not, i dont care, you are still worth reading every time!!!

anyway... my point in posting

organ donation is totally needed, organ donation is essential and maybe it will become compulsory in some places but IT HAS TO BE YOUR CHOICE. dont feel pressured into any decision and for god sake talk it over with your family and partner. they may not want their son/lover hacked when dead and they do have a right to know either way. my advice is to think about it and then decide for yourself. i am a heart, eye, liver donator but not lungs... i am asthmatic so they woyuldnt be worth shit!

reading terminal and robs posts brought it home to me that this is a tricky question for a lot of folk, i never had any qualms about it but some folk do, you just dont think of it that way....
Old 05.24.2008, 12:26 PM   #58
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
i dont donate blood amnd i feel strongly guilyty for it. one reason, i have the commoners blood, the type most people have......the other is that i am deathly fearful of needles (hyperdermic syringes) im even feeling queasy typing this........ selfish i know , a sorry state for a grown man i know but i cant actually bring myself voluntarily in to give blood..........
Old 05.24.2008, 12:30 PM   #59
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
don't worry paul, i'm afraid of needles too; i don't donate blood either but i figured, i won't be afraid of the circular saws when i'm dead, right?
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2008, 12:35 PM   #60
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

yep, damn right!

marcos.. is it just me or does this make sense to you.. i get laughed at every time i try to explain my needlephobia to people including my dear wife (who is a nurse) its not the needle, its the fact that the needle is hollow and can transmit shit into you... (wobbles, head spin) i have no fear of knitting needles or even acupuncture needles, its just syringes... ,make me violently ill (another head spin, fluid building in mouth)........

does that make any sense to anyone??????

i am actually now gonna hurl!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth