Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is it wrong that i dont feel comfortable being an organ donor?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.21.2008, 10:11 PM   #21
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
People actually look at my profile?
I don't think I ever look at anyone's

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2008, 10:12 PM   #22
charles eugene
bad moon rising

charles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMMAh
I know what you mean.
Not that I've lost many people or anything, but if when my grandpa died they just tossed his body into a dumpster, I would be pissed.
Or if someone were to play hacky sack with my old rats dead body, I would go ccrraazzyy haha.
My body though, whateverrr...

Yea, i kinda thought it disrespectful to mess with dead people, but if they signed up for it, its fine, everyones happy.

charles eugene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2008, 10:14 PM   #23
charles eugene
bad moon rising

charles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's assescharles eugene kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMMAh
People actually look at my profile?
I don't think I ever look at anyone's

I think yours may be the first one i have ever viewed

Old 05.21.2008, 11:21 PM   #24
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
I want to be cremated when I am dead. I don't want to be buried. I also want them to turn me into a stone, so my relatives could wear it.
✌➬ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2008, 11:54 PM   #25
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
ok from very very first hand experience.... i received a kidney from someone when i was 24 and it saved my life, i was given 6 months to live at the age of 24, which as it is older than alot of the people on this board. it is also coming to that time again when i will need another in the next 3-5 years. it has saved my life once and can do it again, but there is a severe lack of donors in australia which means i could be dead within 3-5 years if i donot get one. dialysis can only sustain your body for so long and your body grows incredibly weak over a short amount of time. how the fuck is it disrespectful to mess with dead people, our bodies are bio machines and need spare parts just like a regular machine made of metals and other materials. they do wear out and the lives of many many people can be extended by those willing to donate when they are dead. i am a donor myself, and always have been since i was able to sign into the program. i still have organs that can be used. currently the kidney i have is 65 years old and i am 34. my mother donated hers and nearly died while having hers removed just to give me a second chance at life.

donor programs should be opt out not opt in. it would save alot of people like myself and people who donot want to donate still have the choice to not do so.

i don't mind if people don't want to donate because it is their choice because it is their body so that is perfectly fine but i like to think that people can be a bit more altruistic.

i myself have been on many new drug trials for different medications for the furthering of knowledge of medical practitioners. without people willing to sacrifice a little for the sake of future generations humanity slows down its development.

so really have a thorough think about it and if you still don't want to then great but if you do want to donate then that is far better. once you a dead you are no different to a slab of pork belly in my oven or a piece of dust on the wind. you are not your body, you are just carried by a temporary vehicle which enables physical experiences inform how you develop mentally and emotionally.
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2008, 09:12 AM   #26
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles eugene
Everytime this topic comes up with someone and i tell them i personally dont want to be an organ donor, they jump in my fuckin shit about it. I just dont feel that comfortable with it at the moment, having my dead body tampered with. I know, "its not like you need it" and "your possibly saving lives" and all that stuff but i just feel wierd about it. And i cant believe how people have such big heads about it, i mean who cares if i dont want to?

any thoughts?

tell it to someone, like me, whose mother needs a liver transplant, and will likely not get one because the waiting list is ridiculously long and the donor list is ridiculously short because too many people have that same me ntality you are talking about. enjoy your rotting flesh when you are dead.
Old 05.22.2008, 09:29 AM   #27
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
In the future, body parts will probably be sold over the counter. Until then, I'll donate any part of my body that can be used to better someone elses life.

No sperm though.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2008, 09:32 AM   #28
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal pharmacy
ok from very very first hand experience.... i received a kidney from someone when i was 24 and it saved my life, i was given 6 months to live at the age of 24, which as it is older than alot of the people on this board. it is also coming to that time again when i will need another in the next 3-5 years. it has saved my life once and can do it again, but there is a severe lack of donors in australia which means i could be dead within 3-5 years if i donot get one. dialysis can only sustain your body for so long and your body grows incredibly weak over a short amount of time. how the fuck is it disrespectful to mess with dead people, our bodies are bio machines and need spare parts just like a regular machine made of metals and other materials. they do wear out and the lives of many many people can be extended by those willing to donate when they are dead. i am a donor myself, and always have been since i was able to sign into the program. i still have organs that can be used. currently the kidney i have is 65 years old and i am 34. my mother donated hers and nearly died while having hers removed just to give me a second chance at life.

donor programs should be opt out not opt in. it would save alot of people like myself and people who donot want to donate still have the choice to not do so.

i don't mind if people don't want to donate because it is their choice because it is their body so that is perfectly fine but i like to think that people can be a bit more altruistic.

i myself have been on many new drug trials for different medications for the furthering of knowledge of medical practitioners. without people willing to sacrifice a little for the sake of future generations humanity slows down its development.

so really have a thorough think about it and if you still don't want to then great but if you do want to donate then that is far better. once you a dead you are no different to a slab of pork belly in my oven or a piece of dust on the wind. you are not your body, you are just carried by a temporary vehicle which enables physical experiences inform how you develop mentally and emotionally.

TEH WINNER

end of story.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2008, 10:20 AM   #29
charles eugene
bad moon rising

I have changed my mind, so lets all just be friends.

I also have a grandfather who had a heart transplant about 3 years ago, so i definitley know what its like somewhat for someone to be in a life or death situation. Hes in his 60's and got an 18 year olds heart, and hes doin great.

Old 05.22.2008, 10:25 AM   #30
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
dude, it really is your decision, and you ahve to go with what you feel, but there are a LOT of people who you could help.

if you live to a ripe old age then your organs would be pretty much useless, but, if by some freak accident, you die young, then there are maybe 20-30 people who could benefit from your one body's organs alone.

just being an organ donor is not enough, you need to tell all your freinds, make sure you put it o your license, tell your family and everyone else, because after yr dead, you will say nothing, and if you do not make it clear to those around you that this is what you want, they will do what THEY want.
Old 05.22.2008, 11:53 AM   #31
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles eugene
Everytime this topic comes up with someone and i tell them i personally dont want to be an organ donor, they jump in my fuckin shit about it. I just dont feel that comfortable with it at the moment, having my dead body tampered with. I know, "its not like you need it" and "your possibly saving lives" and all that stuff but i just feel wierd about it. And i cant believe how people have such big heads about it, i mean who cares if i dont want to?

any thoughts?

they resuscitate folks who would otherwise die just to harvest their organs, I say you there is no trouble with you not wanting to be a part of that process.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2008, 11:56 AM   #32
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
i don't care what happens after i die
do whatever you want with me
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2008, 12:01 PM   #33
copper
bad moon rising

copper kicks all y'all's assescopper kicks all y'all's assescopper kicks all y'all's assescopper kicks all y'all's assescopper kicks all y'all's assescopper kicks all y'all's assescopper kicks all y'all's assescopper kicks all y'all's assescopper kicks all y'all's assescopper kicks all y'all's assescopper kicks all y'all's asses
Yes, being an organ donor is pretty cool cause what else would your dead body do which is actually usefull and not a complete waste of space like graveyards.

but whatever, i probably wouldnt sign up...
copper is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.22.2008, 12:01 PM   #34
lucyrulesok
100%

lucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asses
I am a donor.... but the only problem I have with it is I feel kinda funny about someone having my eyes after I'm dead. Don't really know why, but I think its to do with how massively I perceive the world through them. I feel like someone would be seeing the world through my eyes. Obviously I will be dead though so that's probably a bit retarded. It's not gonna stop me donating them.

I watched a really interesting (and probably pretty made up) documentary once about people getting some of their donor's characteristics after receiving a heart... and then it turned out that there are some brain type stem cells or some such in the heart. It was pretty freaky but cool. I like the idea of some of me living on after I die too.

This is a good thread. I haven't been on here in an age and I like to come back to discussion like this!
Old 05.22.2008, 12:04 PM   #35
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
i don't care what happens after i die
do whatever you want with me

its not about what happens after you die, you are not dead when they resuscitate you, you are just unconscious, they prolong and agonize your death in order to harvest you like a butcher, now it may be for a good cause, but that is quite the sacrifice, you and I do not know what people's true last moments are, or what they are worth, but from the religious traditions and rituals associated with death and last right's rituals, I would assume it is a significant spiritual/metaphysical experience. that being said, I would not want to fuck with that for anything, even if I was the one who needed the organ. surely the 15-20 minutes they save by keeping near dead folks alive to preserve their organs is not worth the interruption of a persons last exprience of this world.

Old 05.22.2008, 12:04 PM   #36
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by copper
Yes, being an organ donor is pretty cool cause what else would your dead body do which is actually usefull and not a complete waste of space like graveyards.

but whatever, i probably wouldnt sign up...
how the fuck did you get that reputation back so quickly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
its not about what happens after you die, you are not dead when they resuscitate you, you are just unconscious, they prolong and agonize your death in order to harvest you like a butcher, now it may be for a good cause, but that is quite the sacrifice, you and I do not know what people's true last moments are, or what they are worth, but from the religious traditions and rituals associated with death and last right's rituals, I would assume it is a significant spiritual/metaphysical experience. that being said, I would not want to fuck with that for anything, even if I was the one who needed the organ. surely the 15-20 minutes they save by keeping near dead folks alive to preserve their organs is not worth the interruption of a persons last exprience of this world.

i didn't, nor will i, even read that. i don't need a lecture from a white rastafarian thank you.
Old 05.22.2008, 12:11 PM   #37
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
how the fuck did you get that reputation back so quickly?

i didn't, nor will i, even read that. i don't need a lecture from a white rastafarian thank you.

note: fuck you, that was not a lecture, it was a reasoning, but if you'd like to be a bitch about, you have my response. its not all fun and games all the time, rastaman vibration is positive yes, but we wont take not shit!

Old 05.22.2008, 12:12 PM   #38
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

yeah, if you're a REAL rastafarian, not a white boy from suburban california.
Old 05.22.2008, 12:20 PM   #39
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
yeah, if you're a REAL rastafarian, not a white boy from suburban california.

Why you wanna get caught up in all this mix up mix up? Just because it is fashionable to hate on my posts on this board because I am Rastafari, does not make it acceptable.

Rastafari is not some petty race conception, it is the universal conception of humanity. there is no distinction of 'jew or greek' 'white or black' 'dread or baldhead' we are all one of, in, and through Jesus Christ. who are you to judge Rastafari? you dont even know what you speak, so why throw stones from yr glasshouse? Jesus it is silly! real Rastafari dont use the word Rastafarian, because it is all humanity as one, we are all Rastafari, and the term refers to Our God, Our Culture, and our Mutual Experience.

Old 05.22.2008, 12:21 PM   #40
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

haha

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth