Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page nba playoffs
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.29.2008, 12:38 AM   #41
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
allright allright dont get ahead of yourselves, i know im from boston so i have bias, but the hawks arent gonna win. theyve won both games by tiny deficits and lost both games by huuuuuge deficits, kevin garnett, pierce, and ray allen arent all gonna be having bad shooting nights every game.

and when youre the best team in the league losting to the worst team in the playoffs, thats called choking, dont know where youre arguement is there.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2008, 12:39 AM   #42
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Which would be the bigger upset. The New York Football Giants defeating New England in the Super Bowl or Atlanta knocking Boston out in the first round?

super bowl. at least im sure i was more bummed about that loss than i will be about a potential celtics loss, i was at the game too, well outside of it, and it was fucking horrible.

listen to pink reason
Old 04.29.2008, 12:51 AM   #43
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
allright allright dont get ahead of yourselves, i know im from boston so i have bias, but the hawks arent gonna win. theyve won both games by tiny deficits and lost both games by huuuuuge deficits, kevin garnett, pierce, and ray allen arent all gonna be having bad shooting nights every game.

and when youre the best team in the league losting to the worst team in the playoffs, thats called choking, dont know where youre arguement is there.

yeah, just like they weren't gonna win game 3... or game 4...

as for the biggest upset...well, the Hawks don't have a Manning... with a Manning at qb, there is always a chance... plus that's one game, so there is always a better chance than a 7 game series

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.29.2008, 10:16 PM   #44
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
It looks like it's over for my Suns.....they were way better with Marion and not fat boy Shaq. Marion gave Nash an extra option on the fastbreak.....Marion rules.

At the beginning of the playoffs I took Celtics over the Jazz in 7, but now I think it might be Celtics over the Lakers in 7.....still stickin' with Boston though.

Of course, the Spurs are the Spurs.
Old 04.30.2008, 09:27 AM   #45
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Gp Rockets!!!!!

I love how we played yesterday. balls out, kicking out the motherfucking jams, stomping on those mormon fucks.

ever wonder why Utah has the whitest team in the NBA every single year?
Old 04.30.2008, 12:18 PM   #46
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Gp Rockets!!!!!

I love how we played yesterday. balls out, kicking out the motherfucking jams, stomping on those mormon fucks.

ever wonder why Utah has the whitest team in the NBA every single year?

when the camera pans to the crowd all their fans look exactly the same. it's hard to watch them for that reason alone.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2008, 09:20 PM   #47
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
It looks like it's over for my Suns.....they were way better with Marion and not fat boy Shaq. Marion gave Nash an extra option on the fastbreak.....Marion rules.

At the beginning of the playoffs I took Celtics over the Jazz in 7, but now I think it might be Celtics over the Lakers in 7.....still stickin' with Boston though.

Of course, the Spurs are the Spurs.

I'm really not convinced that matrix is better for the suns. they were losing with him, they lost in the playoffs to the spurs with him, and they lost without him.

one thing i did notice was that shaq, as old and slow as he is, dictated the game at times that marion would never have. also, marion never played very consistent vs the spurs. was his p&r defense better? absolutely. was his perimeter & on the ball defense better? absolutely. he also could guard 1-3 (he always had trouble guarding F/Cs).

it came down to errors down the stretch.

in my opinion, nash is the biggest reason why they lost. he turned the ball over twice in the last 2 minutes. you cannot turn the ball over twice late in the game vs the spurs. also, nash has never been able to guard parker. parker has always and will always own nash. he owned nash when he was in dallas…he owns nash since he came to phoenix.

problem was D'Antoni. he did not stress defense, did not utilize his bench, thus tiring out his starters, and really had a big mouth. i don't know what he was thinking when he kept saying, "yeah, the suns are the better team…we just lost." you don't think that was in the back of the spurs minds? think again.

also d'antoni just got outcoached badly by pop. playoffs is about adjustments. and listening to all the players comments gives me the impression that his own players also felt d'antoni's lack of coaching and adjustments was the reason why they lost the series.

if you think about it, the spurs were 0.4 seconds away from a championship when fisher hit that shot and a ginobili foul on dirk at the end of the game for another championship. it is very possible the spurs could've had 6 championships in 9 years. that would be crazy!

spurs over celtics in 6.
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2008, 10:38 PM   #48
batreleaser
invito al cielo

the suns cant play defense, pure and simple. the spurs will be superior to them for many more seasons to come.

celtics destroyed the hawks again by the biggest deficit so far. they are such an amazing home team, all though i reallllllllly fucking hope they can just shut up the hawks in atlanta

sports, one of the few good reasons to be from boston.

listen to pink reason
Old 05.03.2008, 09:34 AM   #49
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Are people freaking out yet up there in Boston??
Old 05.03.2008, 10:51 AM   #50
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
i dont know, maybe they think they are invincible in boston... and maybe they are [against the hawks]... but then again, the hawks have no other choice on sunday, its win or go home, and thats what makes them dangerous... they're younger, more athletic, and if this series has proven anything, hungrier.

Old 05.03.2008, 11:15 AM   #51
batreleaser
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
Are people freaking out yet up there in Boston??

no, cuz theyre playing game 7 in boston, every game played there has been a 20 plus point win.

i really just think the hawks are well matched up against the celtics, much like the warriors against dallas last year. theyre very young and i think have been able to expose to the age of the celtics, i really think that they would give the celtics a harder time than say a team like the pistons would. either way, its been the most annoying series ive ever watched. witnessing three 10 point leads dwindle into 3 point losses every game in atlanta.

listen to pink reason
Old 05.03.2008, 11:20 AM   #52
krastian
invito al cielo

Yeah, the Celtics will win, but their performance on the road so far is a little troubling.

I think they'll beat the Cavs in like 5.
Old 05.03.2008, 12:00 PM   #53
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
i say the magic over the pistons in six.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2008, 02:22 PM   #54
batreleaser
invito al cielo

yeah wel they have home advantage throughout the playoffs, so theyre lookin good,

are you watching this game? the hawks played with less heart than the fucking tin man!

listen to pink reason
Old 05.04.2008, 02:27 PM   #55
batreleaser
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhler
i say the magic over the pistons in six.

i agree, the pistons are gettin real real old, and none of their players have really been elevating their game. their best player, rasheed wallace, is extremly inconsistent, he can either score all over the court or cant hit a shot to save his life, hes a player who never lived up to his potential.

not to mention they have absolutley not one player who can cover dwight. i expect him to get a few 30 plus point games.

listen to pink reason
Old 05.04.2008, 02:44 PM   #56
davenotdead
invito al cielo

oh man don't get me started on this game 7 in boston... one of the worst announced and officiated games i have ever witnessed... i stopped watching after marvin was ejected, and then i checked back in time to see KG lower his shoulder into Zaza's jaw only to get a "personal foul".... enjoy it Boston... you definitely dont deserve it.

Old 05.04.2008, 03:29 PM   #57
batreleaser
invito al cielo

are you out of your mind? they won by over 30 points! you dont wit by that many just by bad calls, that was just an inane comment. there was bad officiating in atlanta too, and the celtics only lost by 6 or fewer games every night. the celtics are the superior team, and amazing at home, if youre gonna blame the entire disaster on just bad calls you have to watch the entire game over. they took allen, garnett, and pierce out at the beginning of the 4th qr, and they still couldnt even get within 35. at the end of the game it was nothing but repsect and hugs between both teams, no bad blood, no bitching over poor "announcing and officiating". kevin garnett has as much integrity as anyone in the game, and when you get to the level of respect that he has of course hes going to get the beneficiary end of some close calls, especially when its with a guy like zaza.

listen to pink reason
Old 05.04.2008, 05:48 PM   #58
davenotdead
invito al cielo

Quote:
are you out of your mind? they won by over 30 points! you dont wit by that many just by bad calls, that was just an inane comment. there was bad officiating in atlanta too, and the celtics only lost by 6 or fewer games every night. the celtics are the superior team, and amazing at home, if youre gonna blame the entire disaster on just bad calls you have to watch the entire game over. they took allen, garnett, and pierce out at the beginning of the 4th qr, and they still couldnt even get within 35. at the end of the game it was nothing but repsect and hugs between both teams, no bad blood, no bitching over poor "announcing and officiating". kevin garnett has as much integrity as anyone in the game, and when you get to the level of respect that he has of course hes going to get the beneficiary end of some close calls, especially when its with a guy like zaza.

you cannot justify marvin williams getting ejected with that foul, and then kg lowering his shoulder on an illegal screen when boston is up by 30, and him getting so much as a "personal foul"... also, marvin is friends with rondo, and his arms never went near his head, he actually hugged him and rondo fell backwards, there was no malice intended, it was just so he didnt get a shot off... whereas kg was intentionally going after zaza because of their tussle from game 3.... and in atlanta, when kg got a tech, so did zaza, not to mention kg shoved a ref and cussed him out and the announcers and refs didn't do a thing about it... also, in this game 7, the commentators were making it sound like marvin was a criminal, it was disgusting, and then he said kg's shoulder 'was not a dirty play'... it was a joke. absurd. and you really have nothing but to admit it, and i will think better of you for it

Old 05.04.2008, 06:50 PM   #59
batreleaser
invito al cielo

i didnt say it was fair, but i didnt say i could give a shit either. the celtics absolutley killed them, fair and square, and i hope youre not implying the announcers had bearing on the game? i mean, the announcers always suck, theyre paid to make some players look like assholes and others like gods. fuck em. it had absolutley no affect of the game whatsoever, the hawks played like shit and looked like they gave up halfway into the second qr. i know im biased being from mass but to say the celtics dont deserve it over some stupid insignificant bullshit like marvin williams getting kicked out the game is absurd. playing dirty is a part of professional sports im afraid, i mean, dudes like bruce bowen have made a career out of it.

listen to pink reason
Old 05.04.2008, 08:56 PM   #60
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i agree, the pistons are gettin real real old, and none of their players have really been elevating their game. their best player, rasheed wallace, is extremly inconsistent, he can either score all over the court or cant hit a shot to save his life, hes a player who never lived up to his potential.

not to mention they have absolutley not one player who can cover dwight. i expect him to get a few 30 plus point games.

I have to disagree on that one. Detroit is the consumate team. They each elevate their game every time they win, b/c they're so team oriented, and they had the 2nd most wins in the league w/58. They still have the best starting 5 in the league. In game one, Maxiel and Rasheed and McDyess banged around Howard pretty good. Rasheed and McDyess are both very skilled defenders with tons of experience, and Howard is not as skilled offensively YET as they are defensively. Chances are he will not get these gaudy 25/20 games he had against Toronto. They're one of the best , if not the best, defensive team.

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth