Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café III
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.26.2014, 02:28 PM   #301
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I read the whole article before I posted my "I hate it."

I still hate it. If they're going out of their way to stop leaks, y'know? Then what? We're at the mercy of one buyer whether or not we get to here 31 songs? I don't like it.
Old 03.26.2014, 04:35 PM   #302
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I read the whole article before I posted my "I hate it."

I still hate it. If they're going out of their way to stop leaks, y'know? Then what? We're at the mercy of one buyer whether or not we get to here 31 songs? I don't like it.
true.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.26.2014, 06:46 PM   #303
foreverasskiss
Banned

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by an evening with viewtiful
^It's pretty damn solid. Instrumentally, its best moments recall Only Built 4 Cuban Linx and Liquid Swords and Gibbs is alarmingly consistent the whole way through.

It has all the makings of a classic, but its sort of a casual classic if you know what I mean. It doesn't carry itself with the sort of weight that you might hope, nor does it feel nearly as cohesive as Madvillainy.

A solid 4/5

cool. check it out on you and louder's advice. belive louder got me into Cold Day in Hell.
foreverasskiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.26.2014, 10:11 PM   #304
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Tupac on Roseanne's brief 1996 TV show

Fucking shit, did this ninja really just say all that on TV? No fucking wonder the Fugees dropped The Score.. Tupac revolutionized rap beyond celebration music back to the more politically and cultural conscious "hip-hop"

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.27.2014, 06:47 PM   #305
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
http://instagram.com/p/mD-Sk3xHBd/

"CARTERV will not release on May 5! But I promise y'all it's gonna be better than Carter III!!!"

..ok?
Old 03.27.2014, 08:55 PM   #306
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
lovely.
Old 03.28.2014, 06:46 AM   #307
louder
invito al cielo

apparently Andrew Kelley (A&R at Soultemple Records) has heard chunks of the "secret" Wu-Tang album before it was announced:
Quote:
Recently I had the opportunity to hear Cilvaringz’ new Wu-Tang album that is, as of yet, unfinished and unreleased. I listened through FaceTime on my iPad during a 2hr conversation. We talked about the Clan, touring, working with RZA, RZA’s vault of unreleased Wu tracks & the Wu album Ringz has spent the last 6 years laboring over. At first he said he’d like to play me a couple records…which lead to him playing a huge chunk of his double disc album. So yes Wu fans this album exists, and from what I heard it is incredible.

Let me backtrack a minute… I grew up in Ft Lauderdale, FL in the early 90’s and everywhere we went we drove. Ft Lauderdale & Miami spawned a huge custom car culture. This was the era of lowered cars with 18 inch gold rims, limo tinted windows, big sub-woofers in the trunk and lights under your car. At the very least, you had to have a great speaker system. Even if your car was a piece of shyt, it had to have that bass drop so heavy everyone could hear you coming a mile away. I had a Jeep Cherokee. My friend Chad installed a speaker box in the back with two 20 inch sub-woofers with a stolen Hercules Hifonics amp and a kill switch under the steering wheel for when the cops pulled me over. My car had that knock. Songs like Raekwon’s “Incarcerated Scarfaces” & ODB’s “Brooklyn Zoo” had that low end that had my rear view mirrors vibrating and heads turning. “Who does that @sshole think he is??” People would think when I pulled up next to them at a red light. I didn’t care. Everywhere I went I had a car load of friends & the beats banging. Sometimes rolling out to parties, the club or the beach with a caravan of cars with the systems cranking at obnoxious volume levels. The first place I listened to a newly purchased cd was in my car. This is where I heard some of the greatest hip-hop albums of all time: Cuban Linx, The Infamous, Illmatic, 36 Chambers, Liquid Swords, Dah Shinin’ & Ready To Die (to name a few.) They were all new releases in heavy rotation in my jeep. When I went to college in Rhode Island I still had the jeep, but had to lose the speaker setup. I had to make room for the crates of records & dj equipment I needed to haul to gigs. When I moved to Brooklyn in 2000 I got way too many parking tickets, my jeep was towed, and that was that. I sent it back down to Ft Lauderdale so my little bro could have it (which he totaled in a car accident 6 months later) thus ending its glorious run.

The reason for the jeep back-story was because as I sat there listening to Ringz’ new Wu-Tang album, it took me right back to those days of driving around in Ft Lauderdale. Song after song he played gave that old feeling we have missed from the Clan in the last 10 years or so. The beats, the rhymes, the skits, the interludes… The posse cut single… He did it. He got that time machine working and really captured the spirit & essence of those days we lived so many years ago. Every Clan member is present spitting some of the best verses you have ever heard from them. Also included are some of the best Killa Bees and even ODB! I really just wanted to pop the cd into my old red Jeep, pick up some of my old friends (especially the ones no longer with us) and drive down to Ft Lauderdale beach on a sunny day, with a quart of OE in my lap, the windows down, the AC on full blast and the volume all the way up…

The next time I sit down with RZA I will definitely be speaking with him about this album. Finish it up Ringz, all Wu-Tang fans deserve that “time machine” moment.
Old 03.29.2014, 02:54 PM   #308
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
every track on Long.Live COULD be a single. It's insane.

I agree. Every time I hear it, it comes closer to being one of my favorite rap albums ever.

It's one of the reasons why I can't get behind the A$AP mob all doing solo albums like they're some kind of collective, when Rocky is the only A$AP worth his dollar sign.

If the rest would simply choose unique solo monikers, I'd be on board. But I feel like it's going to fuck with the A$AP identity, which I'm becoming such a fan of.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.29.2014, 05:42 PM   #309
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses

I bought this the other day because I wanted new rap, and the only other thing available was YG (who still doesn't have me sold).

I previewed it on Spotify, and it sounded more intricate and less club-centric than My Krazy Life, so there you have it. I bought it.

Still patiently awaiting the motherfucking leak of Smoke DZA's DreamZoneAchieved, which is proving very elusive indeed, especially for a hip hop album in this generation. Why the ceremony? Does anyone in the general public even know Smoke DZA? Hell, I just learned the man's name in 2013.
Old 03.29.2014, 05:50 PM   #310
louder
invito al cielo

i know him from Curren$y albums.

never listened to Sage the Gemini though.
Old 03.29.2014, 05:52 PM   #311
louder
invito al cielo

been listening to this all day:

http://www.datpiff.com/XV-Zero-Heroe...pe.220051.html

back in 2011 this guy was set up to blow up, just like Kendrick and J. Cole, but his album never came out and he was left behind. either way, this is a classic mixtape.
Old 03.29.2014, 06:04 PM   #312
noisereductions
invito al cielo

ugh I'm all about this Mac Miller KIDS mixtape. Amazing.
Old 03.29.2014, 06:08 PM   #313
louder
invito al cielo

i'll check it out soon. the song you've posted here a few days ago was so good.
Old 03.29.2014, 06:10 PM   #314
noisereductions
invito al cielo

yeah dood. Mac kills it. I'm amazed.

I'm kind of feeling this new tape by this kid Ricky Rude:

Old 03.30.2014, 04:36 AM   #315
louder
invito al cielo

woke up this morning with Joey Bada$$' first tape "1999". fire.

his debut album will be titled: B4.DA.$$

haha brilliant.
Old 03.30.2014, 01:30 PM   #316
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
woke up this morning with Joey Bada$$' first tape "1999". fire.

his debut album will be titled: B4.DA.$$

haha brilliant.

What did you think of Summer Knights? It really didn't get much love in the 2013 thread, but NR and I both loved it. For some reason I don't think it wound up on my top10. Not sure why at this point. Fucking killed every mixtape other than Underachievers and Doley Bernays.
Old 03.30.2014, 01:34 PM   #317
Severian
invito al cielo

Mac Millar? Are you guys serious right now? What about French Montana? Does he kill it too?

I'm really confused, because Mac Millar is kind of a joke. I'm sure Eminem loves him. But Eminem loves trailer trash and Detroit and being awful, so... Y'know

Old 03.30.2014, 01:57 PM   #318
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Summer Knights was great. Better than Underachiverz in my book.

Not a fan of French.

Don't know what to tell you man. That Mac Miller KIDS mixtape is dope.
Old 03.30.2014, 05:53 PM   #319
an evening with viewtiful
bad moon rising

an evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's assesan evening with viewtiful kicks all y'all's asses
Speaking of Mac, how were we feeling about "Watching Movies With The Sound Off"? I copped it the same day as Yeezus and naturally it took me a little while to open it up and even put it on since I was obsessively absorbing Yeezus for a while. But once I started listening to Mac's album, I actually found it getting more consistent replays than Yeezus. It's an impressive album.
an evening with viewtiful is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.30.2014, 06:31 PM   #320
louder
invito al cielo

"Watching Movies with the Sound Off" is so good. one of the most creative albums that came out last year. Mac surprised the hell outta me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
What did you think of Summer Knights? It really didn't get much love in the 2013 thread, but NR and I both loved it. For some reason I don't think it wound up on my top10. Not sure why at this point. Fucking killed every mixtape other than Underachievers and Doley Bernays.
Summer Knights isn't bad, but i prefer 1999.
131415 16 1718192666 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth