Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page 60s Psych & Garage Comps
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.20.2008, 09:53 AM   #21
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Both of them and many others you can find on this blog: http://twistedperceptions.blogspot.com/

Thanks for that. The series of 'Love, Peace and Poetry' albums on that site are amazing.

Bookmarked.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2008, 11:45 PM   #22
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Thanks for that. The series of 'Love, Peace and Poetry' albums on that site are amazing.

Bookmarked.

http://itspsych.forumotion.net/index...57845e5b9f4fa3
Check out this forum too. I have been lurking until now for a while. It's awesome. Everything I ever wanted from a music forum is on there.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.20.2008, 11:51 PM   #23
sarramkrop

and this is not a comp but FUCKING ACE!!!!

The Fire Escape - Psychotic Reaction (1967)

The Fire Escape - Psychotic Reaction (1967)

Classic exploito Garage-Psych album featuring mainly great covers but also a few cool self written numbers. Reputedly something to do with Sky Saxon and Kim Fowley. This one will rock your socks as all the cover songs are pretty intense versions.

Posted & Reviewed by Oak Acetator

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2008, 02:54 PM   #24
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RdTv
Yep, they were the face musicians for David Axelrod's musical ideas. The first two albums are riding the pop/garage/psych train pretty well, and then after that the members left or were fired and basically Axelrod cut a couple of really slinky,mellow, jazz, rock fusion albums.

Haha, damn I didn't know that! Yeah I just got into them recently, only heard a few songs. Someone asked me if I heard of them after they caught one of our shows. I guess the holy grail pedal I have and the way I use it reminded them of their sound.

To be honest I only liked a couple of the songs I heard by them. That one single was pretty cool off of the "psychedelic sounds of the electric prunes" but I just can't remember the title.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2008, 03:26 PM   #25
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
The Electric Prunes live Stockholm record is totally essential listening, and if you ask me it is the truly definitive Prunes document. Live set on Swedish radio from 1968, ON FIRE fuzz-psych-garage action, better than any of their studio albums! Great sound too!

Their big hit was "I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night," which is likely the one you are talking about. Another possibility would be "Get Me To The World On Time."
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2008, 03:40 PM   #26
sarramkrop

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=m-oCd23W7r8
It is 'I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night'.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2008, 04:00 PM   #27
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop

Good call.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth