Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Spiritual Psychelia
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

 
Thread Tools
Old 07.02.2011, 04:03 AM   #61
EVOLghost
invito al cielo
 
EVOLghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: cybatraz!
Posts: 12,000
EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
^ you have to be really high on drugs to listen to 80's power ballads.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2011, 03:14 PM   #62
chicka
expwy. to yr skull
 
chicka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: wormtown MA
Posts: 1,574
chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
80's power ballads? As the saying goes to each his own. Neil Schon could definitely wheel an Ax but then you put that prancin' fool Steve Perry out front and that ruins it for me..
__________________
some men just want to watch the world burn
chicka is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.02.2011, 03:47 PM   #63
demonrail666
invito al cielo
 
demonrail666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 18,609
demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
In the right conditions, Heart's 'Alone' is bloody immense. It's the manic euphoria of it all.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.03.2011, 09:26 PM   #64
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull
 
ann ashtray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Macon, GA
Posts: 2,363
ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
I've experienced great things sober. I've experienced great things under the influence of certain psychedelics that can't possibly be experienced sober. But then again, we are talking two different places...like the "spiritual world" some speak of and those that don't believe in spirituality that realize similar experiences can be achieved without any specific beliefs in shit that can't accessibly be seen or heard/etc. Music is kinda the same way. Music sober is way different that music on drugs. Two different places. I don't mind sobriety or those that wish to remain sober (or unsober for whatever reason) but those that speak against experiences they so obviously know jack shit about get on my nerves...bad. Never listen to "drugs are bad" from those with lack of experience in that field. Witnessing those that abuse drugs of the harmful nature doesn;t and never will count as personal experience USING drugs on yr own end. never. Personal experience is where it's at...the experiences of others only serve as advice (sometimes good, sometimes bad) and personal roads they themselves have traveled. I'd love to talk shit about all sorts of places I've never been but that's a bit insane. I don't recommend anything to anyone except to indulge carefully in their own curiousities. Whether it be with drugs or weird literature expressing "out there" ideas or fucked up concepts regarding anything really. There's some weird folks sitting around jamming...I'm going to smoke a cigarette and listen for a while. Acid Mother's Temple used to, once upon a time, do a lot of drugs. Makes sense because their music is fantastic. Jimi, drugs. I don't know...Yeah, I'm drunk. I don't recommend drugs...but I am a firm believer that the always-been-sober minds knowledge on psychedelic music can only be limited without the experience that does in fact comes only with drugs. But then again, for those that have been on drugs for extended periods and manage to successfully become sober for extended periods often agree that sobriety within itself is a form of high...not much to do with this thread but something to consider. Just don't be an idiot. Dumbest thing is this thread was some shit about folks laying off the pot....haha.

Again, "spiritual" and "psychedelic" are two totall different things. Of course they can be associated with each other, but only in the same way that any two things can be associated if one looks long + hard.

This thread is kind of stupid. Like this post.
__________________
Team Thurston!
ann ashtray is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2011, 07:07 AM   #65
demonrail666
invito al cielo
 
demonrail666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 18,609
demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
Never listen to "drugs are bad" from those with lack of experience in that field. Witnessing those that abuse drugs of the harmful nature doesn;t and never will count as personal experience

I generally agree with the overaqll sentiment of what you're saying, but not that bit. I've not been to Libya but if someone told me they were thinking of visiting there right now, I'd advise them not to based solely on what I've seen on TV or read in the newspaper. Equally, I'd advise anyone against taking a drug like PCP, even though I've never personally tried it. Whether that person accepted my advice is entirely up to them but I'd feel irresponsible if I didn't warn them about what little I 'know' about its affects.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2011, 08:44 AM   #66
The Watcher
children of satan
 
The Watcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 393
The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
Why don't you go make your own thread about how drugs are great or whatever....... this thread is supposed to be about how great Alice Coltrane and Joe Henderson are.......
__________________
The Electric Bike: Somewhere between a pussy motorcycle, and a pussy bicycle.......
The Watcher is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2011, 08:47 AM   #67
The Watcher
children of satan
 
The Watcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 393
The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
Turkish psych is pretty fuckin' sick too. You guys ever check out Uc Hur El or Edip Akbayram?
__________________
The Electric Bike: Somewhere between a pussy motorcycle, and a pussy bicycle.......
The Watcher is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.06.2011, 12:41 AM   #68
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull
 
ann ashtray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Macon, GA
Posts: 2,363
ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I generally agree with the overaqll sentiment of what you're saying, but not that bit. I've not been to Libya but if someone told me they were thinking of visiting there right now, I'd advise them not to based solely on what I've seen on TV or read in the newspaper. Equally, I'd advise anyone against taking a drug like PCP, even though I've never personally tried it. Whether that person accepted my advice is entirely up to them but I'd feel irresponsible if I didn't warn them about what little I 'know' about its affects.

But of course. Fully agree. But still, like I was saying, blaming anything on drugs themselves is just irresponsible and irritating. I've never had or seen a drug beg anyone to gobble them up. Drug issues always lie in the user. I think, possibly, you misinterpreted what I was getting at. Watching the negative effects of drugs on someone who uses (or abuses) them is just witnessing the effect that drug has on that individual...it's not the same thing as experiencing that drug yrself. Now, sure, yes, there are definitely drugs I'd never recommend to anyone. Matter of fact, the only one's I would ever recommend are those that are prescribed to those that need them...anything illegal (prescription or otherwise) boils down to the curious doing what the curious do. Some run wild with it, most (yes I believe most) are responsible. I say this because most people who use or have used drugs do not die as a result.

And i think this topic fits this thread well. Drugs and music have and always will go hand in hand. Esp. w/ the type of music being discussed.

don't invite someone to yr church while telling them they aren't allowed to discuss their own personal views on religion.
__________________
Team Thurston!
ann ashtray is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2011, 12:15 PM   #69
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,065
Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
When talking about pychedelic music there is always someone who says you just have a limited experince from it without drugs. I have always thought that music is just so fascinating that i just never even think about listening it with drugs. Yes, I know many psychedelic artists use drugs specially in the sixties, but for example Jefferson Airplane musician said (I donīt remember the name now) no-one ever played with acid because itīs was just imposible to play with acid in the same chord with others.

I think that comment "you have to use drugs with certain music" is just one of the poor explanation to use drugs. As good as the explanation "Iīll quit using drugs when I want". Itīs more easy to say I want to use drugs with certain music than admit Iīm dependent on some drug. I think the only true reason to use drugs is, that their mind are not in the balance and they want to escape the distress that causes. But I think itīs poor way, because you can get relief about that distress only working with your mind and try to achieve more balance (I donīt believe no-one can get whole balance in this life, well maybe Mother Amma or Dalai Lama).

I agree with demonrail. I know some people want to have experience in the middle of the war and I think thatīs experience you canīt get anywhere else. But I donīt want that experience. I donīt also want to use drugs, because I have also very great ability to become dependent. I am a coffee narcotic. Only reason Iīm not alcoholic is that Iīve always got terrible hang-overs.

Thereīs very important point that is not often talked with the drugs. Some people have inbornly sensitivity to have for example Schitzophrenia or manic depression, when there is too much stress or using drugs (amphetamine is the worst that can make psychosis to you). I have seen in my previous work, how many young people ruin their lives with drugs ( I even heard the dealers recognise the youth who have mental problems and say to them "I have something to help you"). The saddest thing is the drugs help in their symptoms temporary but then their symptoms come back even worse. And because drugs help their symptoms, they donīt want to believe they have that sickness at all. So they donīt use the medicine and drugs also make that medicine donīt work fully. And if schizophrenic people donīt take care of himself, he turns into a vegetable. There are also examples in old hippies, Peter Green http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OkIUZmXHeU (I think heīs quite lucky) and Syd Barrett (I donīt find any examples when Syd Barret was turned into almost vegetable).

My point is: If youīre old enough and know the risks of drugs, use as much you can or want, but DONīT RECOMMED OR SELL THEM TO ANYBODY!

Iīd like to discuss bands like Jimi Hendrix Experience, Cream, Doors, Traffic, Grateful Dead, Country Joe and the Fish, Love, Spirit for example if some-one still wants.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2011, 01:55 PM   #70
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly
 
hirsute_biped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Manta Sonica, California
Posts: 1,135
hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
I consider myself a "non-practising stoner", a former stoner who still loves psychedelic music and art and whatnot, just no longer interested in drug use. Was fun for a short time, but I could tell it was interfering with my ability to think and function in the world, which is very limiting and just not worth it. I have been revisiting and getting deeply into psychedelic rock for the last few years, really only dipped my toes in before. I didn't really like a lot of the extended jamming before, but after growing up a bit, getting over the punks vs. hippies thing, and getting into jazz (coltrane and his extended family of players mostly), I can really get into it.
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2011, 05:51 AM   #71
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull
 
ann ashtray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Macon, GA
Posts: 2,363
ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
When talking about pychedelic music there is always someone who says you just have a limited experince from it without drugs. I have always thought that music is just so fascinating that i just never even think about listening it with drugs. Yes, I know many psychedelic artists use drugs specially in the sixties, but for example Jefferson Airplane musician said (I donīt remember the name now) no-one ever played with acid because itīs was just imposible to play with acid in the same chord with others.

I think that comment "you have to use drugs with certain music" is just one of the poor explanation to use drugs. As good as the explanation "Iīll quit using drugs when I want". Itīs more easy to say I want to use drugs with certain music than admit Iīm dependent on some drug. I think the only true reason to use drugs is, that their mind are not in the balance and they want to escape the distress that causes. But I think itīs poor way, because you can get relief about that distress only working with your mind and try to achieve more balance (I donīt believe no-one can get whole balance in this life, well maybe Mother Amma or Dalai Lama).

I agree with demonrail. I know some people want to have experience in the middle of the war and I think thatīs experience you canīt get anywhere else. But I donīt want that experience. I donīt also want to use drugs, because I have also very great ability to become dependent. I am a coffee narcotic. Only reason Iīm not alcoholic is that Iīve always got terrible hang-overs.

Thereīs very important point that is not often talked with the drugs. Some people have inbornly sensitivity to have for example Schitzophrenia or manic depression, when there is too much stress or using drugs (amphetamine is the worst that can make psychosis to you). I have seen in my previous work, how many young people ruin their lives with drugs ( I even heard the dealers recognise the youth who have mental problems and say to them "I have something to help you"). The saddest thing is the drugs help in their symptoms temporary but then their symptoms come back even worse. And because drugs help their symptoms, they donīt want to believe they have that sickness at all. So they donīt use the medicine and drugs also make that medicine donīt work fully. And if schizophrenic people donīt take care of himself, he turns into a vegetable. There are also examples in old hippies, Peter Green http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OkIUZmXHeU (I think heīs quite lucky) and Syd Barrett (I donīt find any examples when Syd Barret was turned into almost vegetable).

My point is: If youīre old enough and know the risks of drugs, use as much you can or want, but DONīT RECOMMED OR SELL THEM TO ANYBODY!

Iīd like to discuss bands like Jimi Hendrix Experience, Cream, Doors, Traffic, Grateful Dead, Country Joe and the Fish, Love, Spirit for example if some-one still wants.

Not sure if this is directed at me or not, but again...I don't approve nor disapprove the usage of drugs. It's just something I've always felt boils down to the individual....who are sometimes the problem, yes. But if anyone were to say listening to music while on drugs is the same thing as listening to music off of drugs, I would immediately know that they had no clue as to what they were talking about. Music is a drug, yes. It effects the way we feel and sometimes think. Drugs work in a similar way. Listening to music sober is very different than listening to music under the influence of certain drugs. Is this a good thing? Is this a bad thing? That is something that depends on the individual. And there has no doubt been some fantastic music recorded/played with folks acid.

My issue with this thread is the attemptiong to belittle the drugs all the while wanting to talk about a musical approach that drugs have so obviously thrived in. Whether it be 60's psyche or today's....drugs have always been there and I think talking about them, whether one chooses to use them or not, is a good thing. Again, I'm not encouraging their usage.
__________________
Team Thurston!
ann ashtray is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2011, 08:41 AM   #72
The Watcher
children of satan
 
The Watcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 393
The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
My issue with this thread is the attemptiong to belittle the drugs all the while wanting to talk about a musical approach that drugs have so obviously thrived in.

Okay bro you win...... we can talk about drug bands too since evidently you will will not quit with this shit....... Hey guys aren't Cream and Hendrix awesome! Oh my god they play those awesome solos while high!! And remember at Woodstock when they were telling people NOT to take the brown acid?! Ha ha ha oh my god........ You guys ever listen to The Grateful Dead? Those guys loved drugs........ Remember at Altamont where those bikers killed a guy? Like, the end of the sixties........
__________________
The Electric Bike: Somewhere between a pussy motorcycle, and a pussy bicycle.......
The Watcher is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2011, 11:08 AM   #73
demonrail666
invito al cielo
 
demonrail666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 18,609
demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know why it's an issue. The only thing more boring than someone banging on about the virtues of drugs is someone who bangs on about how irrelevant they are. If someone likes them, then they should take them and shut up about it, just as someone who doesn't should keep their personal choice to themselves because, at the end of the day, nobody actually cares.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2011, 02:22 PM   #74
chicka
expwy. to yr skull
 
chicka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: wormtown MA
Posts: 1,574
chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=demonrail666]I don't know why it's an issue. The only thing more boring than someone banging on about the virtues of drugs is someone who bangs on about how irrelevant they are. If someone likes them, then they should take them and shut up about it, just as someone who doesn't should keep their personal choice to themselves because, at the end of the day, nobody actually cares.

 
__________________
some men just want to watch the world burn
chicka is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2011, 03:32 PM   #75
The Watcher
children of satan
 
The Watcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 393
The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
I agree? This thread had a very narrow scope...... I don't see why people are getting their panties all a twitter because they can't talk about drugs.......
__________________
The Electric Bike: Somewhere between a pussy motorcycle, and a pussy bicycle.......
The Watcher is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.13.2011, 05:46 PM   #76
Genteel Death
invito al cielo
 
Genteel Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,770
Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
this thread is supposed to be about how great Alice Coltrane
i assume you do know that her husband was a drug user, at different points in his life. what this thread should really be about is how 90% of people are useless drug users and should stay away from them because they make their fucktardness even more dramatically visible. it should also be about how lack of talent is too often excused by being generous with the ''incubation period'', another way to excuse ''alrightness'' in general.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2011, 07:12 PM   #77
Robert Schunk
the end of the ugly
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: East Coast, USA
Posts: 1,166
Robert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's asses
Mortte Jousimo:

Puhutteko te Suomalainen?

The member of Jefferson Airplane you're thinking of is Paul Kantner, who said that you can't play guitar on acid because the strings look like they're a foot thick.

***

Anyways, the whole reason I started this thread was to discuss non-drug related psychedelia. I really don't see why those who want to discuss drugs insist on invading this thread instead of starting their own thread, which I won't visit. These people have completely derailed this discussion, and have frustrated my purpose in creating this thread to the point that they have effectively censored me.
Robert Schunk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2011, 07:30 PM   #78
demonrail666
invito al cielo
 
demonrail666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 18,609
demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
It's ridiculous to say that mention of drug inspired psychedelia is unreasonable in a thread about non-drug related psychedelia, given they're both aiming for roughly the same thing in terms of affect, ie some form of transcendence. Don't let your own hang ups about drugs get in the way of what might potentially be a quite interesting thread.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2011, 07:37 PM   #79
The Watcher
children of satan
 
The Watcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 393
The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
It's like..... you go to a restaurant and have like a really good steak, cooked perfectly and you follow it up with a really nice glass of scotch, and then you say to your friend just how well cooked the steak was and there's some guy beside you going MEAT IS MURDER HAVEN'T YOU EVER READ PETER SINGERS IMPORTANT BOOK ANIMAL LIBERATION HOW DARE YOU FIEND TOFU IS DELICIOUS IF YOU'D GIVE IT A CHANCE and you're like fuck man, I just wanted to talk about fucking Alice Coltrane.......
__________________
The Electric Bike: Somewhere between a pussy motorcycle, and a pussy bicycle.......
The Watcher is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2011, 07:39 PM   #80
The Watcher
children of satan
 
The Watcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 393
The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
My drummer occasionally does drugs...... any by occasionally I mean "often".

I myself have been known to drink a large coffee followed by a few beers...... those are both drugs.........
__________________
The Electric Bike: Somewhere between a pussy motorcycle, and a pussy bicycle.......
The Watcher is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|


Thread Tools

All content Đ2006 Sonic Youth