Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Spiritual Psychelia
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.30.2011, 07:46 AM   #41
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
What? I don't know, I'm listening to something else now. Just, y'know, work at it and eat more lettuce or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2011, 08:09 AM   #42
Robert Schunk
the end of the ugly

Robert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's asses
Gllce:

GOTCHA!!!
Robert Schunk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2011, 04:11 PM   #43
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
Ann Ashtray:

I was trying to start something beautiful by starting this thread.

Why are you trying to turn it into something tedious?

I'm just not going to participate in that discussion.

I've seen beautiful things on drugs and beautiful things sober.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.30.2011, 04:14 PM   #44
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Gllce:

I also noticed that I (accidentally) added an extra bar in the first interval of "Moral Authority", but I think it sounds cool, as it adds to the psychological tension within the song.

What do you think?

You really are new huh? Why do you care so much what Glice thinks? Because he uses big words in music threads? Get off his dick man and do whatever you want with yr music

He only REALLY likes classical music anyways. (nothing wrong with that)

Most people here think everything is rubbish unless it's by sonic youth or created by them (usually hate their own music as well)

Ok, now I'm going to listen to your song.
Old 06.30.2011, 04:22 PM   #45
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

I just listened. I'm sorry, I'm with Glice on this one.

May I ask how old you are?
& if you ate paint chips as a kid?
Old 06.30.2011, 08:46 PM   #46
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo

He only REALLY likes classical music anyways. (nothing wrong with that)

This genuinely made me lol. If I could introduce you to... God... if you only knew...

Yeah - I know lots more about classical than most here, except noumenal (come the fuck back!) and fugazifan. But I really know fuck all.

What I do know about is Happy Hardcore and pop, but no fucker's interested.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 06.30.2011, 09:20 PM   #47
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

my friends in cinci are super into happy hardcore, at least a handful of them.

I like pop from the 30s-early 70s. Everything after that is shit.

I like mixing echoes with old pop into modern rock, apparently thats indie...

but...cmon...

indie?

fuck that term
Old 06.30.2011, 09:22 PM   #48
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

I love classical music, sometimes it's the only music that relaxes me and can stop my mind from racing. I just tune in and drop out if the piece is good enough.

Violin and piano are the two most beautiful instruments, throw in a little musical saw or whatever and it's brilliant.

I wish I went to college sometimes ONLY so I could study classical music and really know what I'm talking about. However, I love beethoven's sad songs, shostakovich (any russian composer), and chopin.
Old 06.30.2011, 09:27 PM   #49
The Watcher
children of satan

The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
Well now I had to find the time to listen, not really my thing whatsoever......
Old 06.30.2011, 09:34 PM   #50
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

Moonlight sonata is what got me into classical music and is still one of my favorite pieces, but THIS one by beethoven is probably one of my all time favorites ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVY8O...layer_embedded
Old 06.30.2011, 09:44 PM   #51
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
my friends in cinci are super into happy hardcore, at least a handful of them.

They are better people.
Quote:

I like pop from the 30s-early 70s. Everything after that is shit.

No. This is absolutely wrong - wrong absolutely - because Abba Gold did not exist in the early 70s. Perhaps you meant to write 'Abba Gold is the only pop album anyone could ever want'?

Quote:
indie?

I love indie.
Yes.

Quote:
Old 06.30.2011, 10:07 PM   #52
The Watcher
children of satan

The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
Glice I'm with you on ABBA - truly one of the best bands EVER. Made me so happy when I read that Chris Carter from Throbbing Gristle was obsessed with them, made me feel like my dirty little secret wasn't such a big deal......

I bought the 11 CD ABBA box set....... ho ho ho......... I also loved Mama Mia the play (I took my parents in 2000) and the movie...........
Old 06.30.2011, 10:20 PM   #53
Robert Schunk
the end of the ugly

Robert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's assesRobert Schunk kicks all y'all's asses
The Watcher and DeadDiscoDildo:

Sorry you didn't like the songs.

Hope tonight's "Keeping Score" helped. (TWO HOURS OF MAHLER!!!!)

Thanks for your honesty.
Old 06.30.2011, 10:44 PM   #54
Robert Schunk
the end of the ugly

My taste in Classical music is pretty much the more recent the better. I like Shostakovich more than I like Stravinsky, and I like Stravinsky more than I like Mahler. But I love Bach (especially the organ music), and other Baroque composers as well (particularly Frantisek Benda).
Old 06.30.2011, 11:00 PM   #55
Robert Schunk
the end of the ugly

DeadDiscoDildo:

Sorry for the late reply.

I'm in my early 50's, no paint chjps!

If you want to learn more about Classical music, watch "Keeping Score" with Michael Tilson Thomas on PBS. He's an excellent teacher.
Old 06.30.2011, 11:01 PM   #56
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

Back to the original topic:

You do not need drugs to enjoy music.

& you do not need music to enjoy drugs.

I don't even want to get into what makes music psychedelic...some simple rock n roll songs from the 50s sound psychedelic to me, just weird song construction and things like clock noises and alarms going off or some really simple repetetive click clacking can really do it. I forget the exact song I'm thinking of at the moment.

oh ya, abba has some siiiiiick songs.

I'm talking about pop like madonna, lady gaga, avril, cindy lauper (besides girls just wanna have fun and whatever the song from goonies is).

I like music that is versatile, plain boring early 80s LA punk does nothing for me either, though I respect it for the time it was made and circumstances etc.
Old 06.30.2011, 11:02 PM   #57
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

Quote:
DeadDiscoDildo:

Sorry for the late reply.

I'm in my early 50's, no paint chjps!

If you want to learn more about Classical music, watch "Keeping Score" with Michael Tilson Thomas on PBS. He's an excellent teacher.

Ah right on man, respect to the elders. No offense, I'm young and burnt out and mean, mid 20s...

Honestly, I kind of thought it sounded like it was made by a teenager.

Though sometimes, snotty teenage stuff is the best like ramones, ty segall, etc.
Old 06.30.2011, 11:03 PM   #58
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

This is my band, alot of people call us psychedelic pop, or noise pop...I hate all genre names but whatever

www.theharlequins.bandcamp.com

It's been awhile since I've shared anything so I figure why not

noone has to comment
Old 06.30.2011, 11:28 PM   #59
Robert Schunk
the end of the ugly

Quote:
This is my band, alot of people call us psychedelic pop, or noise pop...I hate all genre names but whatever

www.theharlequins.bandcamp.com

It's been awhile since I've shared anything so I figure why not

noone has to comment

I do have to comment. I really liked "Midwest Coast": kinda like Sonic Youth and the Clash jamming at a surf festival. (Besides, I'm originally from Milwaukee!)
Old 07.01.2011, 06:26 PM   #60
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Back to the original topic:

You do not need drugs to enjoy music.

& you do not need music to enjoy drugs.

I don't even want to get into what makes music psychedelic...some simple rock n roll songs from the 50s sound psychedelic to me, just weird song construction and things like clock noises and alarms going off or some really simple repetetive click clacking can really do it. I forget the exact song I'm thinking of at the moment.

oh ya, abba has some siiiiiick songs.

I'm talking about pop like madonna, lady gaga, avril, cindy lauper (besides girls just wanna have fun and whatever the song from goonies is).

I like music that is versatile, plain boring early 80s LA punk does nothing for me either, though I respect it for the time it was made and circumstances etc.

The thing that always fascinates me is how rubbish most so-called psychedelic music sounds on drugs. 80s power ballads are what do it for me. Definitely not bloody Gong.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content 2006 Sonic Youth