Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What The Fuck Are You Eating????
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.24.2013, 02:35 PM   #841
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
on a break after finishing some awesome nachos, made thus:

-heat up pinto beans. when hot, add queso asadero and crema. once it's good and melty add salsa verde. don't boil the salsa verde into the crema or i suspect it will curdle.

-pour the hot mix onto a large bowl of tortilla chips. i like santitas.

-top with fresh pico de gallo.

-wash down with beer. currently chugging sam adams winter lager which isn't bad at all.

---

next: i'm roasting deer ass. as in "the hind quarters." gluteus maximus, whatever. i already roasted some sweet potatoes that smell great.

fucking a right life can get really good on a sunday
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2013, 05:32 PM   #842
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
that was great. seriously great.

i'd kill for some spanish brandy right now.

viva la destilación!
Old 12.03.2013, 03:38 AM   #843
pony
the end of the ugly

pony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's asses
love of my life:

pony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.03.2013, 09:12 AM   #844
Cunt
bad moon rising

Cunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's asses
A massive massive turd.
Cunt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.09.2013, 06:28 PM   #845
pony
the end of the ugly

pony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's assespony kicks all y'all's asses

with a lot of dill

(imagine me singing this while eating)
Old 12.09.2013, 07:48 PM   #846
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony

with a lot of dill

(imagine me singing this while eating)

i knew it wasn't going to be fish. i heard your fish market was underwater!

did the fish all escape to freedom?
Old 12.10.2013, 12:15 AM   #847
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
(primal diet, etc)

If that's the same as the Paleo diet, I have a friend who swears by it and suggested it to me (I also have high cholesterol) but, when I read up on it, it seemed to come with a load of conservative/libertarian ideological shit that made it feel more like a cult than a diet.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.10.2013, 07:27 AM   #848
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
If that's the same as the Paleo diet, I have a friend who swears by it and suggested it to me (I also have high cholesterol) but, when I read up on it, it seemed to come with a load of conservative/libertarian ideological shit that made it feel more like a cult than a diet.

there is an aspect of that growing around it, in part because it goes against government dietary prescriptions like food pyramids and the like, and it also rejects corporately produced chemical sludge sold as food; but not all of it is that way or based on antigovernment/anticorporate principles-- e.g., if you read lauren cordain's books, he's a nutrition prof. in a state university, and interested in the science and in athletic performance (i get his newsletter and have never read a word of politics in it. then again everything is political, right?)

but cordain is not the only guy doing this, there are others (e.g., mark sisson, which i like, or some dude named jimmy moore, who does cheesy ads), so there is no single formula--- they all try to approach a certain hypothetical ideal and each of them has taboos and holy grails of their own. like with everything, you gotta look around and decide your own approach to the thing. last spring i bought a "paleo" magazine at a whole foods and it seemed written by a lot of back-to-earth hippies that have switched from granola to grass-fed beef jerky. so there are a lot of currents converging on this i suppose.

paleo/primal can be very satisfying but expensive. i get into/out of it depending on my personal economy-- i'll eat "antinutrient" beans with factory eggs and industrial pork and frozen pesticide spinach when i'm low on cash; i'll buy pastured meats and fresh organic produce and wild blueberries when things are better; but i just bought a freezer so i can butcher & store my own semi-wild meats starting this winter (viva los goats). a little planning makes things affordable.

lastly, i just read the review of a book by an md who links gluten to alzheimers and dementia and says cholesterol is good-- david perlmutter is the guy, look him up. (the irish have a high incidence of celiac, btw).
Old 12.10.2013, 04:56 PM   #849
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I just finished off some France Toast mit bananarer und syrups.

My cholesterols is LIKE THE OX.

(I checked)
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2013, 03:49 AM   #850
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
there is an aspect of that growing around it, in part because it goes against government dietary prescriptions like food pyramids and the like, and it also rejects corporately produced chemical sludge sold as food; but not all of it is that way or based on antigovernment/anticorporate principles-- e.g., if you read lauren cordain's books, he's a nutrition prof. in a state university, and interested in the science and in athletic performance (i get his newsletter and have never read a word of politics in it. then again everything is political, right?)

but cordain is not the only guy doing this, there are others (e.g., mark sisson, which i like, or some dude named jimmy moore, who does cheesy ads), so there is no single formula--- they all try to approach a certain hypothetical ideal and each of them has taboos and holy grails of their own. like with everything, you gotta look around and decide your own approach to the thing. last spring i bought a "paleo" magazine at a whole foods and it seemed written by a lot of back-to-earth hippies that have switched from granola to grass-fed beef jerky. so there are a lot of currents converging on this i suppose.

paleo/primal can be very satisfying but expensive. i get into/out of it depending on my personal economy-- i'll eat "antinutrient" beans with factory eggs and industrial pork and frozen pesticide spinach when i'm low on cash; i'll buy pastured meats and fresh organic produce and wild blueberries when things are better; but i just bought a freezer so i can butcher & store my own semi-wild meats starting this winter (viva los goats). a little planning makes things affordable.

lastly, i just read the review of a book by an md who links gluten to alzheimers and dementia and says cholesterol is good-- david perlmutter is the guy, look him up. (the irish have a high incidence of celiac, btw).

Thanks for the link.

The Paleo guy I was recommended was Robb Wolf. His advice on diet seemed reasonable enough but he does a podcast where, as you say, he ties the whole thing into a kind of anti-government stance. All very tea-party easque. It's funny how close a lot of American counterculturalists are ideologically to the political right.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2013, 10:27 AM   #851
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Thanks for the link.

The Paleo guy I was recommended was Robb Wolf. His advice on diet seemed reasonable enough but he does a podcast where, as you say, he ties the whole thing into a kind of anti-government stance. All very tea-party easque. It's funny how close a lot of American counterculturalists are ideologically to the political right.

well, i don't know how it works in inglaterra, but here in the u.s. big agribusiness is in bed with the government. government gives large unnecessary subsidies to corporate soybean and corn farmers who in turn give money to political campaigns. the government also buys their production and pumps them as school lunches and commodity foods for the poor. industrial meats are fed with soybeans and corn also. everything is corn.

food pyramids and prescriptions in turn tend to mirror agribusiness production-- grains & more grains. this food pyramid has only been changing in recent times, but basically the government prescription is high carbohydrate & low fat and protein for good health-- the opposite of paleo/primal where you're supposed to become a fat-burning furnace rather than a glucose machine.

try reading cordain if you can. his name is actually loren not lauren (i just got his newsletter the other day and realized). and mark's daily apple is a nice website. they don't agree on all points but who does anyway?

btw, as an inglés, you should be able to get some nice fucking mutton, no? i mean if you get a pastured (not fattened in a feedlot) lamb/mutton it's very high quality shit. pastured eggs, pastured pigs, pastured butter--all great stuff in the paleo pantry. oh and if you can get your hands on some herring, and other small fish, oh yum yum yum.
Old 12.12.2013, 12:09 PM   #852
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
nothing! Yesterday....my meals consisted of cigarette smoke, water, tic tacs(peppermint)....and then vodka cocktails at night(with a few numbies)....
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2013, 12:18 PM   #853
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
nothing! Yesterday....my meals consisted of cigarette smoke, water, tic tacs(peppermint)....and then vodka cocktails at night(with a few numbies)....

oh, man! sorry to hear.

just remember that social mobility runs in both directions

Old 12.12.2013, 12:23 PM   #854
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
^_^
Old 12.12.2013, 12:34 PM   #855
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Oh wait....I didn't eat because I'm broke or anything for the record. I didn't really eat because sometimes I just feel better like that.
Old 12.12.2013, 12:47 PM   #856
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Oh wait....I didn't eat because I'm broke or anything for the record. I didn't really eat because sometimes I just feel better like that.

not that, but the cocaine and depression. it's a horrible fucking recipe and will lead to no good.
Old 01.20.2014, 11:03 AM   #857
pony
the end of the ugly

om nom nom!
Old 01.20.2014, 01:45 PM   #858
chocolate_ladyland
children of satan

chocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asseschocolate_ladyland kicks all y'all's asses
I went to Bojangles for the first time and fucking loved it

chocolate_ladyland is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.22.2014, 03:28 AM   #859
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

blueberry crepes
Old 01.30.2014, 07:55 AM   #860
Cunt
bad moon rising

Cunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's assesCunt kicks all y'all's asses
Bossche bol

Cunt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
404142 43 44454653 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth