Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page 1st time Sonic Youth'll be in China!!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.26.2007, 03:19 AM   #1
Gooooooo
empty page

Gooooooo ain't too shabby
Glad to be here!

that'll be great Sonic Youth being in China this April for two shows in Beijing and Shanghai. And how do you guys know something about China and Chinese rocks?
Gooooooo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2007, 04:55 AM   #2
the bates dynasty
empty page

the bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's assesthe bates dynasty kicks all y'all's asses
ya we're pretty pumped over here! i work at an international school here w/ a lot of americans, canadians and others and there's as big of a group going to this show as we had for the rolling stones last year! when i first heard they were coming to shanghai i thought it was a joke, but when i realized it was true i didn't care how illogical it seemed, i just got the word out! i never thought i'd see a band like sonic youth in china. i saw them this past summer in the states and it was great but twice in less than a year, too nice! now maybe pearl jam will get off their butts and come here, if sonic youth can pull it off you know pearl jam can. shanghai is starting to kick it up a notch in the concert realm; sonic youth, rolling stones, roger waters, eric clapton, james brown, norah jones, the roots, ziggy marley, etc. i don't love all those people but at least they're all on a certain level, so that's means more shows at that level, and that's good for me!
the bates dynasty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2007, 06:34 AM   #3
beijingninja
empty page

beijingninja has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
With Beijing tickets priced at 380RMB (US$50) sadly the audience will be made up of expats and the new rich who have no interest in the music but will go to be seen. Local kids who would love to see the likes of Sonic Youth live will not possibly be able to afford that - it is about a week's salary for your average Beijinger! Pointless Sonic Youth coming if they can't put on a gig for the kids.
beijingninja is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.05.2007, 03:51 PM   #4
lalie
bad moon rising

lalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asseslalie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by beijingninja
With Beijing tickets priced at 380RMB (US$50) Local kids who would love to see the likes of Sonic Youth live will not possibly be able to afford that - it is about a week's salary for your average Beijinger!

True.

lalie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth