Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Anyone else excited for the new YLT?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.02.2006, 08:17 PM   #21
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
i love the title.
Old 08.02.2006, 09:05 PM   #22
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
i love the title.
Me too, it makes me think that it'll be more guitar driven. At least, more classic YLT guitar (sugarcube, cherry chapstick etc.)

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.02.2006, 09:48 PM   #23
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunberg
On ' I can feel the heart beating as one', there are 3 songs that use the exact same drumbeats :
- Stockholm Syndrome
- One PM again
- My little corner of the world
that would be OK if the rythm was cool, but it's kind of dull and her sound is stiff as hell. 'The lie and how we told it' also uses this rythmic pattern with slight changes.

I don't think it's a coincidence if this happened on 4 songs. She's just not really technically proficient. At least that's what I think.

you are right, she does use the same drum beat. but consider that those three songs are very different as a whole soundwise from one another and then you can see that by keeping a familiar element while playing songs written in very different styles of songwriting helps the band mantain a characteristic sound. few bands can pull out being versatile and not sound like a shitty bar band, ylt are one of them and their work as a WHOLE band is the reason why.

i thought that it was clear by now that you don't have to be a technically proficient player to play amazing music.

come to think of it, most rock and jazz and blues and metal and punk and etc drummers recycle their beats a lot; in fact, that's what they mostly do the whole time. so she's no chris pennie or josh blair or brian chippendale but then again most drummers aren't.

ps: you are a mysoginist idiot for thinking she didn't play in we're an american band.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth