Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Batman's gonna get his shit kicked.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.13.2011, 05:16 PM   #21
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
It just seems so angsty to me. That's not how I like my Batman. I think of the Dark Knight and can't help but envision a black, grease stained WHY SO SERIOUS?! t-shirt. My loss, I guess.
Yah word.

If anything my favourite Batman movie is Mask of the Phantasm which about 0.1% would agree with.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2011, 05:42 PM   #22
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield

ruh-roh.

Not shocking or even surprising at all, considering it's mostly based on the "Knightfall" story arc, allegedly. I've never been too satisfied with the Batman movies, they always seem to pale in comparison with the original story arcs they originated from, despite the fact that it's impossible to deny there are great moments in some of them most of the times, especially in the case of Christopher Nolan's recent saga. To add to my point, I'd say Heath Ledger's Joker was certainly great, but it wouldn't have nothing to do against Grant Morrison's and Dave Mckean's on "Arkham Asylum: A Serious House On Serious Earth", or Alan Moore's on "The Killing Joke" (which were both reference material for Nolan and Ledger), for instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Yah word.

If anything my favourite Batman movie is Mask of the Phantasm which about 0.1% would agree with.
That's a great movie, and I hope "Batman: Year One", which has been recently released, will be on par with it, though I think the most ideal thing would be to have a superior offering. Frank Miller & David Mazzuccelli's work is astounding source material, as a matter of fact. Would someone who already watched it, care to share some thoughts?
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2011, 06:41 PM   #23
Murmer99
stalker

Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses
Mask of the Phantasm is perfect. I've actually seen many fans say it's the best Batman film. Well, more than 0.1% anyways! I'm going to watch that soon.
Murmer99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2011, 06:43 PM   #24
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
It has my favourite atmosphere from any of the movies. Also the Joker is so spot-on.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2011, 07:14 PM   #25
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
as a goth, batman strikes me as being a total poseur.

really, brucey, you're faking the funk.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2011, 07:37 PM   #26
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
as a goth, batman strikes me as being a total poseur
Except maybe when Alan Moore has been in charge? Or Grant Morrison? Even Frank Miller has made a dark enough Batman at times as well, in my opinion (Or was it a punk one?). Daredevil was a true bad-ass when he handled it.
It all can be good, but it always depends on who's writing (plus some other restrictions, or lack thereof). Still, I'll put Jeph Loeb and Jim Lee's "Hush", as a clear example to support your claim, for instance. Another one? There has even been a sort of junkie Batman, with traces of emo personality, on the "Venom" story arc.
Old 12.13.2011, 08:00 PM   #27
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
dark night was alright and i don't want to dispute your taste if it's your FAVORITE EVARRRRRR, that's your prerogative, but "best movie of the new century"? that's nuts.

here's some list i didn't put together, but i'd match a lot of them against the dark night any day, starting with pan's labyrinth, the lives of others, royal tennenbaums, spirited away, crouching tiger, in the mood for love, eternal sunshine, city of god, and a bunch of others that appear there. and that's just looking at that list.

http://www.theyshootpictures.com/21s..._films1-50.htm

Wow. All of those are favorite movies of mine. Half of them at least went through my head as I was typing that TDK was my favorite movie, and I felt a twinge of guilt.

Dark Knight is probably not the best movie of the new century.... it might be my favorite..... it's definitely the one that's stuck with me the most... but you're right- that was an exaggeration.

It is the Godfather II of superhero mvoeis tho.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2011, 08:24 PM   #28
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
2 romanian movies in top 50, impressive
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2011, 09:02 PM   #29
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Yah word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
Mask of the Phantasm is perfect. I've actually seen many fans say it's the best Batman film. Well, more than 0.1% anyways! I'm going to watch that soon.

I actually just picked up Mask of the Phantasm on VHS a couple of days ago.

Looks like I'm in for a treat!
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2011, 09:15 PM   #30
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
Except maybe when Alan Moore has been in charge? Or Grant Morrison? Even Frank Miller has made a dark enough Batman at times as well, in my opinion (Or was it a punk one?). Daredevil was a true bad-ass when he handled it.
It all can be good, but it always depends on who's writing (plus some other restrictions, or lack thereof). Still, I'll put Jeph Loeb and Jim Lee's "Hush", as a clear example to support your claim, for instance. Another one? There has even been a sort of junkie Batman, with traces of emo personality, on the "Venom" story arc.
I was trolling for batman fans and you had to go and post something I agree with.
Old 12.13.2011, 09:16 PM   #31
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

you know who has a stunning batman collection? atari2600, that's who.
Old 12.13.2011, 09:23 PM   #32
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
he owns every film that has ever been released on any format, even.
Old 12.13.2011, 09:38 PM   #33
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses

EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2011, 09:52 PM   #34
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I was trolling for batman fans and you had to go and post something I agree with.
The fact that your intention was essentially to troll, doesn't mean what you posted wasn't true, in some sense. In any case, I encourage you to not stop trolling. Otherwise, it's all boring (not that you'd need my thumbs up, anyway).
Old 12.14.2011, 12:41 AM   #35
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

I was never a fan of DC until Alan Moore and am still highly descriminating toward what I choose to like.

despite my fairly large comic collection, moat super heroes don't do it for me.

Wonderwoman--->fuck off
Promethea---->right the fuck on

basically they are the same, yet so different in presentation that I'm able to worship one and despise the other.

me? I like Neonomicon.
Old 12.14.2011, 06:12 AM   #36
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not a DC reader really, aside from a couple Vertigo books here and there... but would anyone recommend Superman & Batman vs Vampires & Werewolves?

Old 12.14.2011, 07:36 PM   #37
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Just saw the prologue. It was fantastic.
Old 12.14.2011, 09:55 PM   #38
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Very few Superman and Batman combo stories are worth reading, though last time I read it it was actually pretty badass.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.14.2011, 10:02 PM   #39
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
These Batman movies are the only superhero movies I've liked. Well...besides Batman Forever....
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.14.2011, 11:55 PM   #40
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
Very few Superman and Batman combo stories are worth reading, though last time I read it it was actually pretty badass.

Awesome, thanks. I'll be sure to pick it up soon, when all my excess cash isn't being put towards XMAS gits.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth