Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.25.2010, 10:04 AM   #1
Lamont Cranston
100%

Lamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's asses
Saw that a few days ago, intense.
Old 04.25.2010, 11:17 AM   #2
logicalharm
little trouble girl

logicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asseslogicalharm kicks all y'all's asses
I'm always so out of touch with new movies that I honestly wouldn't have heard about this except when it was being talked about on some classical station :S Apparently the Swedish original is better...?
logicalharm is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2010, 11:24 AM   #3
cagedbird
the destroyed room

cagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's asses
movie on the radio
book on film
tattoo in tale

i like new york dramas

jodie foster was good in the brave one

the girl with the dragon tattoo
it came out last year in bookstores
how is it already a movie?
cagedbird is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2010, 11:54 AM   #4
Lamont Cranston
100%

Lamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's asses
There is only the Swedish version of the film logicalham.
cagedbird the Swedish book was published in 2005 and the English translation in 2008.
Old 04.25.2010, 02:05 PM   #5
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
it's a movie now?
Old 04.25.2010, 02:29 PM   #6
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses

Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2010, 06:49 PM   #7
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I'll probably go and see it this week. I keep hearing good things about it.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2010, 09:18 PM   #8
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I read the first 5 pages of the "Best Selling" English translation and tossed it. No interest in seeing the movie.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2010, 09:44 PM   #9
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
^ awesme.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2010, 10:04 PM   #10
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
Yeah, what is this shit? The last time I saw something all over the universe and had no idea what it was, it ended up being Twilight. Is this Larsen character on the same level as Twilight or the DaVinci Chode?
Old 04.26.2010, 12:27 AM   #11
Lamont Cranston
100%

Well I haven't read the book so I can't comment on it, but the film is good.
Old 04.26.2010, 07:56 AM   #12
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Did you see the da vinchi code or twilight films?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2010, 10:16 AM   #13
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
Saw davinchi
Old 04.26.2010, 04:04 PM   #14
Lamont Cranston
100%

Old 04.26.2010, 05:07 PM   #15
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
It's a great series if you like mysteries, I can't help but think the writer was taken out by certain ultraconservative elements (if you're following the Holly Greig story in Scotland you'll understand) - the title in Sweden I believe translates as Men who Hate Women, its a very progressive work, but of course we English speakers wouldn't respond to that so they dumbed it down. I wasn't going to see the movie, but a friend bought me ticket to the 2nd movie which plays one night at Lincoln Center next week so I have to see it. I really felt a film was unnecessary. Annoyingly, Hollywood is making a version and I know they'll ruin it. Its inevitable.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2010, 05:37 PM   #16
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

thanks tesla69
Old 04.27.2010, 08:49 AM   #17
Lamont Cranston
100%

I downloaded the 2nd movie, it wasn't very good.
Different director and different writers, very different tone in plot and story, the whole thing just looked very uncinematic-looked like television.

As for the books, I seem to find some very conflicting reviews. Some saying its good, some saying its turgid. Some praising its content, some denouncing it as exploitation and not feminist at all.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth