Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Godspeed You! Black Emperor curate ATP 2010
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.04.2010, 06:46 AM   #81
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Wednesday August 4, 2010

To help conclude our yearlong celebrations of 10 Years of ATP, GODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR will be the curators of our Weekend 1 Nightmare Before Christmas festival this December 3rd-5th at Butlins Holiday Centre, Minehead. Today we can confirm the addition of:

ONEIDA presents THE OCROPOLIS
HANGEDUP with TONY CONRAD
THEE OH SEES
MATANA ROBERTS
LAND OF KUSH
PHILIP JECK
JOHN BUTCHER

The Ocropolis is cult New York rock band Oneida's multidisciplinary studio/performance space in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Built by Oneida and their friends in 2005, this studio has quickly become a legendary source of recordings by Black Dice, Growing, Sightings, Trans Am, Psychic Ills and of course Oneida - it has also played host to some intimate Oneida performances over the past years. For a special all-day event, Oneida is transporting the impetus, spirit and community of the Ocropolis to Minehead for a full day of improvisation, collaboration, and recording which the festival attendees can witness first hand. Oneida will perform continuously throughout the day, sometimes with guests from the rich array of musicians also performing in the festival, sometimes alone and mostly improvised.

Oneida previously presented the Ocropolis at ATP New York 2009 where they played for around 10 hours and finished with a headline set of their recorded material. Throughout the day they collaborated with artists including members of The Flaming Lips, Akron Family, Boredoms, No Neck Blues Band, Tall Firs, Zach Hill of Hella and many more, and no doubt at Nightmare Before Christmas many other artists on the festival line-up will be featured.

The current festival line-up looks like this:
GODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR / "WEIRD AL" YANKOVIC / NEUROSIS / BARDO POND / THE EX / DEERHOOF / THE DEAD C / BLACK DICE / FRANCISCO LOPEZ / TIM HECKER / MIKE WATT / SCOUT NIBLETT / WOLVES IN THE THRONE ROOM / MARISSA NADLER / GROWING / RANGDA / NOMEANSNO / JOSEPHINE FOSTER (SOLO) / WHITE MAGIC / EMERALDS / DANIEL HIGGS (LUNGFISH) / BOBAN I MARKO MARKOVIC ORCHESTRA / CHARLEMAGNE PALESTINE / COUNTRY TEASERS / DANIEL MENCHE / MAHER SHALAL HASH BAZ / BORBETOMAGUS / FLOWER / CORSANO DUO / KEIJI HAINO / BRUCE MCCLURE / MAHJONGG / CLUSTER / BERG SANS NIPPLE / SICK LLAMA / ONEIDA presents THE OCROPOLIS / HANGED with TONY CONRAD / THEE OH SEES / MATANA ROBERTS / LAND OF KUSH / PHILIP JECK / JOHN BUTCHER

With more to be confirmed!

Tickets for Nightmare Before Christmas curated by Godspeed You! Black Emperor are priced at £165.00pp for room only and £175.00pp for self catering and are on sale now from Seetickets. Please note we only have limited numbers of the 3 remaining types of apartment left so be quick if you want to attend!
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2010, 09:46 AM   #82
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
I continue to be astounded by how implausibly good this line up is, and how much it keeps getting better. This is crazy. The Oneida thing sounds cool, but, more importantly, Tony Conrad! Phillip Jeck! BADASS! Oh, and John Butcher is ace too. I wonder who he'll be playing with...
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2010, 10:07 AM   #83
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
i wish Oneida had been added again to the NY event.
narlus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2010, 01:28 PM   #84
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses
I was always interested what was meant by ONEIDA presents THE OCROPOLIS on The Lips 2009 ATP. It sounds fucking fantastic! Portishead also invited Oneida back 2007, I should really get into them already.
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2010, 03:32 PM   #85
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
That's prolly one of the best lineups I've ever seen.

Maher Shalal Hash Baz and Neurosis playing the same event? Thee Oh Sees? Too fucking good.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2010, 05:03 PM   #86
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Fucking hell, even Country Teasers made it to that line up.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2010, 09:09 AM   #87
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, Country Teasers are one of the many bands I'm very excited about seeing. It's easily the best ATP lineup since the Thurston Moore curated one from 2006.

Hopefully White Hills get added as well. They're already playing the In Between Days thing and since they share their drummer with Oneida they'll probably be stuck in Minehead for the weekend anyway... plus they're better than Oneida.
Old 08.06.2010, 02:48 AM   #88
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
hey,

i made up my mind a bit too late but still...

is there anyone who's planning to buy a chalet and is needing one more person? I now REALLY WANT TO GO THERE. Genteel Death, Blunderbuss, pokkeherrie, anyone?

maybe greenlight would like to go too, i'll talk to him about this thing.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2010, 03:10 PM   #89
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
hey,

is there anyone who's planning to buy a chalet and is needing one more person? I now REALLY WANT TO GO THERE. Genteel Death, Blunderbuss, pokkeherrie, anyone?

i hope you can make it slavo, if any of my roommates can't make it i will let you know.....

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2010, 01:53 AM   #90
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Throbbing Gristle!

Here's the poster with full line up
http://www.flickr.com/photos/samsa1973/4879335883/

Old 08.12.2010, 03:16 AM   #91
Ghostchase
100%

Ghostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's assesGhostchase kicks all y'all's asses
?

I haven't heard anything about TG.
Ghostchase is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2010, 08:31 AM   #92
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
Tindersticks?
EvdWee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2010, 09:10 AM   #93
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
sick line up
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.12.2010, 10:28 AM   #94
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
ATP will be announcing them tomorrow.
Old 08.12.2010, 10:54 AM   #95
stu666
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
Throbbing Gristle!

Here's the poster with full line up
http://www.flickr.com/photos/samsa1973/4879335883/

The poster has been taken down now.

Old 08.12.2010, 01:17 PM   #96
jimbrim
expwy. to yr skull

jimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's asses
the line up looks incredible.

i'm gonna have enough money to purchase the tickets next week, thats if one of our group doesn't decide to drop out at the last minute or the event sells out.
jimbrim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.13.2010, 06:16 AM   #97
EvdWee
100%

no more additions:

GODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR / "WEIRD AL" YANKOVIC / NEUROSIS / THROBBING GRISTLE / TINDERSTICKS / BARDO POND / THE EX / DEERHOOF / THE DEAD C / BLACK DICE / FRANCISCO LOPEZ / TIM HECKER / MIKE WATT / SCOUT NIBLETT / WOLVES IN THE THRONE ROOM / MARISSA NADLER / GROWING / RANGDA / NOMEANSNO / JOSEPHINE FOSTER (SOLO) / WHITE MAGIC / EMERALDS / DANIEL HIGGS (LUNGFISH) / BOBAN I MARKO MARKOVIC ORCHESTRA / CHARLEMAGNE PALESTINE / COUNTRY TEASERS / DANIEL MENCHE / MAHER SHALAL HASH BAZ / BORBETOMAGUS / FLOWER / CORSANO DUO / KEIJI HAINO / BRUCE MCCLURE / MAHJONGG / CLUSTER / BERG SANS NIPPLE / SICK LLAMA / ONEIDA presents THE OCROPOLIS / HANGED UP with TONY CONRAD / THEE OH SEES / MATANA ROBERTS / LAND OF KUSH / PHILIP JECK / JOHN BUTCHER / YOMUL YUK / DREAMCATCHER / THE SADIES
Old 08.14.2010, 05:41 PM   #98
stu666
Super Moderator

Old 08.15.2010, 03:20 AM   #99
eggface
empty page

eggface has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Love the artwork this year. I love the artwork every year though.
eggface is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2010, 05:57 AM   #100
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

Tony Conrad is no longer playing.... boohoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
hey,

It's never too late, Slavo!

I haven't booked anything yet either and it doesn't look like I will be soon. But it wouldn't be the 1st or 2nd time if I ended up getting my ticket in the last few days.

I think you should go.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth