Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Am I the only one that does not like CD-Rs? (or a question of packaging)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.02.2008, 06:00 AM   #41
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
have you guys not yet realised that all CDs suck, CD-R or otherwise?
So do vinyl records, tapes, and MP3s. In fact I can't think of one format that doesn't annoy me in one way or another.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2008, 06:34 AM   #42
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
records and mp3s don't annoy me at all.
Old 09.02.2008, 06:40 AM   #43
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
I'm not a fan of burnt CDs or MP3s, I prefer the actual thing, but if there's no other way I'll still use CD-Rs. Some of my favourite music was downloaded and burnt onto CD because I wasn't able to get the real thing.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2008, 08:21 AM   #44
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, nothing annoys me. As long as it allows for me to hear music, that's all that matters.

....I dunno, every object is expendable to me, nothing's going to last, so I don't see the point in spending a bunch of money on that kind of stuff. No matter how well I take care of my cd's, games, movies, books, etc... that shit's probably not going to last my whole life. I have a copy of that movie THE BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE that has just somehow completely disappeared -- I have no idea where it went! It's just gone! That's the only thing like that I've ever lost, and I never even took it out of my house! Luckily I paid a PENNY for it on VHS, rather than $20 on DVD, so it doesn't matter. Cheap is good!

Also, regarding packaging and CD cases and stuff, yeah some of that stuff's cool but my entire room is stuffed with hundreds of cd's/cd-r's laying around in ridiculous packages. I'd rather have space, honestly, and just put all the cd's and cd-r's in big spindles (which I do for cd's I burn and aren't sent to me). I don't care at all about the art or the physical version of a record. Again, that stuff's cool for what it is, but to me it is and always will be about the music. Besides, most "liner notes" (and a lot of album art) suck anyway.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.02.2008, 08:32 AM   #45
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
meh......

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth