Ganja Kru
Milton Nascimento
Ty Segall
Alice Cooper
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2009, 04:54 PM   #2
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
World Domination Enterprises

love.

Quote:
Ganja Kru

love

Quote:
Alice Cooper

keep hearing that he/they're good, but everything i've heard sounds awful.

haven't heard of any of the others.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2009, 06:05 PM   #3
Green Magnesium
100%

Green Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's asses
I like 'Alice Cooper' the band. They had a good string of 6 or so albums. They were somewhat gimmicky, but they knew it and embraced it.

I have no real interest in Vince Furnier's solo work as 'Alice Cooper', though.
Green Magnesium is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2009, 11:41 PM   #4
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
World Domination Enterprises
I assume this is the 1980s World Dom Ent? I loved them for a while, but lost interest because they never really moved on from the one thing, which being kind of like an English Pussy Galore with reggae / hip hop influences instead of the blues. With a couple of exceptions (Asbestos Lead Asbestos, Hotsy Girl) their cover versions (I Just Can't Live Without My Radio, Funky Town) were btter than their own tracks. Their albums are due for rerelease soon, I understand.

Quote:
Legion Of Two
I read an interesting sounding review of their CD on Aquarius the other day and was intrigued enough to track down their myspace and give it a listen. It didn't really float my boat, to be honest. They did a session on Mary Anne Hobbs a while back, and if you google their name and hers you'll probably find a download of it. Expect input from Paulybee on this one.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2009, 02:01 AM   #5
Decayed Rhapsody
the destroyed room

Decayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's asses
The Intelligence - Never really got them until Fake Surfers. Really good record.
Dum Dum Girls - They're okay. Got signed awfully quick to SubPop, but that barely means anything these days.
Ty Segall - A total bore.
Alice Cooper - Everything up till School's Out is good.
Decayed Rhapsody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2009, 02:01 AM   #6
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
Get "Love It To Death" and "Killers" by Alice Cooper. Some of the most underrated glam/hard-rock/proto-punk records. Sounds like Rocket From The Tombs if they made it to a proper studio. Also "Fake Surfers" by The Intellegence is one of my favourites of this year, don't know any of their other stuff.
Old 07.22.2009, 02:11 AM   #7
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
I like Ovo

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2009, 03:07 AM   #8
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
The Intelligence are alright.
Ovo are good.
Dum Dum Girls are... okay.
Ty Segall sucks.
Alice Cooper sucks.

THat's all I know. Should I know the others?

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2009, 04:01 AM   #9
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
"Love It To Death" is one of my favorite albums ever by anybody. He had lots of good ones, especially with the original band, and then a few good ones solo. Welcome to my nightmare has Lou Reed's band on it...can't remember what era it was, might have been Berlin. Good record.

The Intelligence are pretty good. Fake Surfers is a good album, and the last one was nice too. Haven't heard the others they've done.
Dum Dum Girls are nice, but I prefer the girl's other band, The Mayfair Set.
Old 07.22.2009, 08:51 AM   #10
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Alice Cooper is cool, no matter how dumb or 'classic rock' his fans are.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2009, 01:54 PM   #11
Shifty Prophet
100%

Shifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's asses
Milton Nascimento wrote some great songs in the 60's and 70's, he's a very lyric oriented writer, so unless you speak portugeuse you may find his songs a bit samey, musically speaking. He is often referred to as ''brazilian psych'' but only some of his material could be considered such (Courage-1969, Milton-1970), and thats stretching it. His ''best'' record is considered by many Americans to be his debut Courage, although all my friends that from Brazil say his best is Club da Esquina.

So, if you like late 60's/70's soundscape,psych-esque, pop music with brazilian flavor, then you will like this guy, I do.
Shifty Prophet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2009, 02:01 PM   #12
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
The Intelligence----nope never heard
World Domination Enterprises--- yes asbestos yes!
Woodbine-- manky fags
Burnt Hills---- havent heard yet
Ovo--- love those italians
Dum Dum Girls---- nope never heard em
Legion Of Two---- quality, my mates side project dark techno band from dublin
Ganja Kru---- sounds like something id avoid
Milton Nascimento---- nope
Ty Segall---- yes, enjoy the work
Alice Cooper----- parp
Old 07.22.2009, 02:02 PM   #13
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses
i too must vouch for alice cooper. i have easy action, love it to death, killer & billion dollar babies and they are all great albums.

"wanker" - All Hail WATT
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2009, 05:09 PM   #14
alex_could
bad moon rising

alex_could kicks all y'all's assesalex_could kicks all y'all's assesalex_could kicks all y'all's assesalex_could kicks all y'all's assesalex_could kicks all y'all's assesalex_could kicks all y'all's assesalex_could kicks all y'all's assesalex_could kicks all y'all's assesalex_could kicks all y'all's assesalex_could kicks all y'all's assesalex_could kicks all y'all's asses
i have just one album of milton nascimento - clube da esquina - and i love it much!
alex_could is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2009, 10:32 AM   #15
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
the intelligence-everyone knows i love them, 'deuternomy' is my favorite. anything a-frames related generally gets my approval.

world domination enterprises; SOOOOOO underrated. very much the UK's answer to the butthole surfers. taking on guitr fueled classic almost glam psych rock, industrial brutality. skronky wierdness, and dub rhythm and grooves. sooo good. "let's play domination" ranks among my favorite noise rock records ever. get it here http://xraybarbecue.blogspot.com/200...omination.html (amazing blog for outsider rock, folk, world, jazz, and noise, heavy on stuff like chocolate monk and out of print jazz wierdness)

woodbine; dont know

burnt hills; i was skeptical at first, but there is something very alluring about 10 or so old guy psych heshers banging out massive feedback guitar riffs and creating hypnotic psychedelic clusterfucks at incredible volumes. basically, this band sold me. upstate new york rules for loud and fucked psych rock (pengo, coffee, etc.). really love "stoner's pot palace" though ive only listened to all 70 mins one time.

ovo; the italian sludgers are ok but i dobnt have any desire to own thier stuff. when i think ovo i think emil hagstrom's solo project.

dum dum girls; lame

legion of two; dont know

gangu kru; dont know

milton; dont know

ty seagall; very catchy and upbeat, but fairly medicore.

alice cooper; i love alice cooper. not the trendy shock rock guy, but the awesome boozy, bar rock proto punk band who out some of my favorite rock records like 'easy action' and 'killer', they went down hill after killer but that record is a doozy. the albuym displays almost king crimson-like virtuosity while still retaining a raw as fuck booze rock appeal. johhny fucking rotten claims 'killer' to be the best rock album of all time, and though i dont agree i still think its in the top 30 for sure.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2009, 11:21 AM   #16
Green Magnesium
100%

Green Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
alice cooper; i love alice cooper. not the trendy shock rock guy, but the awesome boozy, bar rock proto punk band who out some of my favorite rock records like 'easy action' and 'killer', they went down hill after killer but that record is a doozy. the albuym displays almost king crimson-like virtuosity while still retaining a raw as fuck booze rock appeal. johhny fucking rotten claims 'killer' to be the best rock album of all time, and though i dont agree i still think its in the top 30 for sure.

That's my girl!
Green Magnesium is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2009, 12:01 AM   #17
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Alice Cooper is the only one I've heard so far. His output through the '70s was quite enjoyable and he's been doing an awful cartoon of himself ever since. Hmm, that's rather typical of glam dudes, eh? Maybe Bolan got the last laugh.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2009, 12:06 AM   #18
Conrad
stalker

Conrad kicks all y'all's assesConrad kicks all y'all's assesConrad kicks all y'all's assesConrad kicks all y'all's assesConrad kicks all y'all's assesConrad kicks all y'all's assesConrad kicks all y'all's assesConrad kicks all y'all's assesConrad kicks all y'all's assesConrad kicks all y'all's assesConrad kicks all y'all's asses
Haven't heard of any of those, besides Alice Cooper.

Not a big fan of him, to be honest. It's funny to listen to one of his songs every once and a while, but...
Old 07.24.2009, 12:25 AM   #19
automatic bzooty
invito al cielo

automatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's assesautomatic bzooty kicks all y'all's asses
Does Alice hold up next to T. Rex/Bowie/etc?
automatic bzooty is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2009, 12:28 AM   #20
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
the intelligence i don't like at all
world domination enterprises i like quite a bit
ovo are shit beyond my descriptive powers
legion of two are boring beyond my descriptive powers
ganja kru are fucking ace
i like dum dum girls
i love alice cooper

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth