Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page No Age
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.05.2008, 01:52 PM   #1
al shabbray

can anybody tell me if they are worth buying the album?
Ive checked a video on their myspace site and that rocked. but some tunes there suck a little bit.
anybody....ah tell me what you think, I am too lazy right now
thx
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 01:55 PM   #2
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
What video have you seen? Because I haven't heard one song that I found appealing from them.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 01:56 PM   #3
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
nouns is a great album.
Old 08.05.2008, 02:03 PM   #4
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Nouns is a great album, and so is Weirdo Rippers. They're really a good band. I'm seeing them on sunday actually, at the Nuits Secrètes festival. HEALTH will be there too
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 02:03 PM   #5
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
i pretty much only listen to no age
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 02:05 PM   #6
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
I've been meaning to pick up Nouns for ages now. Adding it to my "to-get" list right now
Old 08.05.2008, 02:31 PM   #7
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
i would buy wierdo rippers but not nouns. theyre a good band, but nothing special. great anthemic power pop punk songs with occasional dreamy shoegaze-esque guitar feedback. i only listened to nouns three times before getting bored with it.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 02:43 PM   #8
al shabbray

that video on their myspace page, right above that "no age-weirdo rippers" entry pic.
I somehow liked it calm/loud attitude.
no big deal, but the overall presentation with the video appealed to me somehow
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 02:50 PM   #9
al shabbray

the song os "boy void" and I am feeling like I could bomb away my appartment with that as a soundtrack...listening to the amazon snippets right now and thinkin bout ordering
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 02:53 PM   #10
sarramkrop

Aren't they mates with Abe Vigoda or something like that? Abe Vigoda I really like, No Age have a couple of very good songs and the rest I can't be really be too bothered with much.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 02:54 PM   #11
al shabbray

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Aren't they mates with Abe Vigoda or something like that? Abe Vigoda I really like, No Age have a couple of very good songs and the rest I can't be really be too bothered with much.

please tell me some of the good, I wanna check them out...kinda licked blood
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 02:59 PM   #12
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by al shabbray
please tell me some of the good, I wanna check them out...kinda licked blood

I have ''Skeleton'' and enjoy it, even though I would have prefered for it to be a bit longer. I can up a live of theirs that is pretty good too, if you want it.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 03:02 PM   #13
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
skeleton is a great album... as for no age... their energy is pretty addicting... the albums are growers too. i think i prefer weirdo rippers

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 03:03 PM   #14
al shabbray

that would be awesome!!! seems they are kinda predestined to play live!
"boy void" really got me now, seems that only that track would be worth a purchase, even if its under 1:30 mins. but somehow it got an impact to me like "date with a night" a few years ago, but karen o is more lovely of course
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 03:34 PM   #15
sarramkrop

Ok, I'm uploading other stuff at the moment. I promise that I will put it up at one point.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 03:47 PM   #16
al shabbray

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Ok, I'm uploading other stuff at the moment. I promise that I will put it up at one point.
that would be nice, pm me then!
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 04:01 PM   #17
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Nouns was great.
But reviewers wrote about them like they were this abbrasive noise band and they really aren't...

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 04:03 PM   #18
al shabbray

yeah I was thinkin that too, after reading some reviews about them, because of that I was interested and didnt really imagined they sound like what Ive listened to so far
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2008, 04:06 PM   #19
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah the first time I listened to Nouns I was dissapointed because it wasn't what I thought it would be.
but the second listen was alot better because I realized it was a good album on its own right.
Great packaging to.

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth