Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Scene People
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.26.2006, 11:37 AM   #41
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I'm still very confused by this: A hipster is someone who doesn't listen to music, or someone who does, or dresses in a certain way, or doesn't, or who likes the Blood Brothers, or doesn't... It really just seems like an excuse to create a 2-dimensional witch hunt against people who don't really exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 03:10 PM   #42
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
can someone settle this for me?

my friend said only scene and emo people listen to fall out boy because they're hardcore/emo. i said that it's mostly the abercrombie kids that want to be scene/are half scene (there's kids here walking around in ass pants, abercrombie jacket and shit, and miles of eyeliner) and mtv sluts that listen to that shit. she said that if you were to go to a FOB concert you'd get beat up if you wore a/f.

who is right?
Old 04.26.2006, 03:12 PM   #43
John Violence
the end of the ugly

John Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's assesJohn Violence kicks all y'all's asses
I couldn't see anybody getting beat up at a Fall Out Boy concert.
John Violence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 03:28 PM   #44
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drugstore_Cowboy
Scene kids are great. Dressing alike = A+ work; great inside jokes about robots are only matched by an intelligent conversation about how Radiohead has saved the world; iPods with Pitchfork-approved songs; against drugs but drink coffee . . .

It is really the only way to live.

It totally depends on the scene. That kind of sounds like me. Barely. But kind of.

The scene kids around here dig Blood Brothers, Aiden, A7X, and any band with double bass kicks and off-pitch screaming. They wear the tightest girl pants ever, band shirts with horrible band names on them, and have spikey girly hair.
Old 04.26.2006, 03:30 PM   #45
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I'm still very confused by this: A hipster is someone who doesn't listen to music, or someone who does, or dresses in a certain way, or doesn't, or who likes the Blood Brothers, or doesn't... It really just seems like an excuse to create a 2-dimensional witch hunt against people who don't really exist.

Again, totally depends on scene. Pick out 20 random kids at your school. Whatever they are wearing and listen to is your scene.
Old 04.26.2006, 03:40 PM   #46
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not reading all this thread... but i will say this.

I think a good number of scene girls are cute... the guys look like cunts tho. I've also come to realize that most scene kids are advanced emos, and that's a drag. But they can be fun from time to time. I'd like to have a sexy fling with a scene/... and a girl from one too sometime.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 03:49 PM   #47
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

It is hard to tell the scene boys and girls apart.
Old 04.26.2006, 04:08 PM   #48
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
The scene kids here are into the generic stuff like From Autumn To Ashes and random myspace screamo bands.

John- Haha. This girl in my seventh period went to their concert last night and went on and on about who she kissed in the mosh pit.
Old 04.26.2006, 04:21 PM   #49
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
children of satan

Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard sucka
In the words of Thurston Moore (lead singer of Sonic Youth):

"Fuck 'em all!"

It don't matter if they're scenesters, emo, screamo, dream pop, bubblegum, picklefooted webtoed doe eyed skanks, retards in leotards, wankers, fat chicks, skinny chicks, chicks with acne, chicks with dicks, chicks with sticks up their asses, chicks with flat asses, goth chicks, metal chicks, old ladies, psycho chicks, antisocial depressed chicks, virgins, wannabes, hairy chicks, body doubles, stone faced vapid models, religious chicks, bratty girls that wear airbrushed state fair tee shirts that say, "You Can't touch this", Buddhists, check out ladies at the grocery store, chicks who eat their own hair and/or finger/toe nails, chicks who enjoy the movie Jerry Maguire, chicks who don't like the movie Jerry Maguire, Angela Landsbury, Betty Ford, Betty Boop, Betty Rubble... just fuck 'em all man.

And if you're too big a pussy to go talk to em, just get really drunk. Your mouth will be a lawnmower and you won't even give a shit if she rejects you.
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 04:41 PM   #50
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
can someone settle this for me?

my friend said only scene and emo people listen to fall out boy because they're hardcore/emo. i said that it's mostly the abercrombie kids that want to be scene/are half scene (there's kids here walking around in ass pants, abercrombie jacket and shit, and miles of eyeliner) and mtv sluts that listen to that shit. she said that if you were to go to a FOB concert you'd get beat up if you wore a/f.

who is right?

the only people i know who listen to fallout boy are frat boys and dudes who like avril lavigne. i guess it varies from location to location. whether you like fallout boy or not, though, you have to admit that they're going 'down taaa in a luuuleluraaaaah!!!"

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 04:42 PM   #51
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Hurry up and leave high-school, children!
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 04:50 PM   #52
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Hurry up and leave high-school, children!

You win the prize for 'First statement that makes complete sense to me' in this thread.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 04.26.2006, 05:01 PM   #53
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
One of the benefits of adulthood is not caring about this shit.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 05:04 PM   #54
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
One of the benefits of adulthood is not caring about this shit.

or being able to poke fun at it.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 05:11 PM   #55
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
In the words of Thurston Moore (lead singer of Sonic Youth):

"Fuck 'em all!"

It don't matter if they're scenesters, emo, screamo, dream pop, bubblegum, picklefooted webtoed doe eyed skanks, retards in leotards, wankers, fat chicks, skinny chicks, chicks with acne, chicks with dicks, chicks with sticks up their asses, chicks with flat asses, goth chicks, metal chicks, old ladies, psycho chicks, antisocial depressed chicks, virgins, wannabes, hairy chicks, body doubles, stone faced vapid models, religious chicks, bratty girls that wear airbrushed state fair tee shirts that say, "You Can't touch this", Buddhists, check out ladies at the grocery store, chicks who eat their own hair and/or finger/toe nails, chicks who enjoy the movie Jerry Maguire, chicks who don't like the movie Jerry Maguire, Angela Landsbury, Betty Ford, Betty Boop, Betty Rubble... just fuck 'em all man.

And if you're too big a pussy to go talk to em, just get really drunk. Your mouth will be a lawnmower and you won't even give a shit if she rejects you.
genius. how can anyone top this?
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 05:24 PM   #56
3x1minus1
little trouble girl

3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses3x1minus1 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
well, there's a fact that scenesters only listen to less than half of the music they like, they say they like certain bands to be in with their crowds.

totally. my sister's a scenester. it's the worst. they all copy band lists off of each other's myspace profiles. and they go to "shows" just to hang out with each other and be seen. er.. scene. that whole scene culture repulses and fascinates me. but even flock of seagulls thought they were cool, once, too...
3x1minus1 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 05:28 PM   #57
Glice
invito al cielo

As someone who gigs regularly, I don't give a shit why people are at shows, even shows I'm not playing at - I'd rather people were going to shows for the wrong reasons than not at all. People grow up, people develop musical taste, we've all been into music that we're embarassed by later (well, not me, but then I have exceptionally good taste). This whole nonsense about criticising people for how they dress/ what music they're into/ whether they're scene or not really doesn't matter, they'll all grow out of it sooner or later, much as I imagine as I get older I'll probably hate what I'm listening to now. A big dose of 'bothered' from over here.

Quote:
Old 04.26.2006, 05:58 PM   #58
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
As someone who gigs regularly, I don't give a shit why people are at shows, even shows I'm not playing at - I'd rather people were going to shows for the wrong reasons than not at all. People grow up, people develop musical taste, we've all been into music that we're embarassed by later (well, not me, but then I have exceptionally good taste). This whole nonsense about criticising people for how they dress/ what music they're into/ whether they're scene or not really doesn't matter, they'll all grow out of it sooner or later, much as I imagine as I get older I'll probably hate what I'm listening to now. A big dose of 'bothered' from over here.

yeah, but it's also worth baring in mind that it those people who are the people who go to gigs just so they can talk over the music, or do other annoying things.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 06:01 PM   #59
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Well, sometimes you just need to play louder. That'll teach 'em.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 06:04 PM   #60
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Playing louder can solve many problems.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth