Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Scene People
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.25.2006, 12:02 AM   #1
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
so, long story short, i had a terrible day and i'm pissed off mad because i saw a friend i haven't seen in ages and we sort of have a thing for each other but we can't be together, so i saw her today and we acted weird around each other. so when i left her i was pissed.

then, when i arrived home, i went to the store for a coke and on the way to my house i saw this scene girl standing around, she even had a hipster mullet and the uniform, everything. normally, i write scene people off because they are shallow and ironic and you know; but she was pretty and had my attention, i kept looking back to see her and couldn't stop turning around.

i wonder if it would be that bad if i had approached her and met her, i know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but these people usually spoil the whole story on the cover; so what do you think? also, any scene people here?
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 07:16 AM   #2
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I hate scene people. I hope you are talking about the same girl-jeans, white-belt, band shirts of horrible bands, and emo-hair cuts scene kids I am.

I wear girl pants and a cordouroy blazer. I'm not scene. My hair is normal and I'm white-belt free.
Old 04.25.2006, 09:01 AM   #3
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
also, any scene people here?

Wassup!
Old 04.25.2006, 09:05 AM   #4
doctor dan
bad moon rising

doctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's asses
this is silly, why should you not talk to a girl because of her taste in music/clothes/fashion magazines? like ive said before, the only people who get pissed off at hipsters are hipsters themselves....
Old 04.25.2006, 09:06 AM   #5
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Well generally you shouldnt judge her just because of her fashion style, but usually people in this particular stereotype conform to all or most of the generalizations of the trend- music, fashion, personality, etc... For me I just like the fashion and the hair. There are exceptions to what scene kids act like; nearly all my friends are always really happy and some even have a decent taste in music.

I think if you really wanted to, you should have went ahead and approached her. What's the worst that can happen?
Old 04.25.2006, 09:10 AM   #6
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
I wear a cordouroy blazer.

what scene are we talking about, the library club?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 09:18 AM   #7
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
well, yeah, but i was pissed at my friend and maybe this girl i saw in the streets seemed hot to me at the time because she seemed like a girl i didn't know and was different from me and maybe i could start something new with someone else. maybe, if i wasn't pissed what have just thought "get a load of the trend mullet!". but then again, maybe she was hot period.

hayden: i know which ones you mean. this girl was more like the killers/interpol/strokes fashion indie scene, cheap expensive clothes, ironic 80's haircut...just as bad as the emo kids.

yeah, i guess i should have talked to her and get it over with, maybe she had that look because her friends were into that. i just imagined me getting mixed up with that kind of people.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 10:20 AM   #8
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
children of satan

Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard sucka
I know a good line you could have used:

"When I look into your bright eyes, I say, "yeah yeah yeah!"
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 10:28 AM   #9
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski

hahhahahhahahahahahhaaaa

priceless!!!!!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 10:48 AM   #10
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=Everyneurotic]so, snippetquote]

That's pretty hypocritical of you. You say you write them off as being dumb and shallow etc. etc. When your being exactly the same for only seeing what she looks like and not accepting that maybe she is intelligant blah blah.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 10:54 AM   #11
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor dan
this is silly, why should you not talk to a girl because of her taste in music/clothes/fashion magazines? like ive said before, the only people who get pissed off at hipsters are hipsters themselves....

I can't love a girl if she doesn't love rock and roll as much as I do.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 11:24 AM   #12
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Isn't the whole point of being scene to criticise other people for being scene and then lying and saying, "I'm not scene because I am [insert vapid nonsense]"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 11:27 AM   #13
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Isn't the whole point of being scene to criticise other people for being scene and then lying and saying, "I'm not scene because I am FashionXcore"?

Well, generally the point of it is for the attention and appearance. And interestingly enough, your example says it all. "I'm not scene, I'm fashionXcore, you're just a poser".
Old 04.25.2006, 11:41 AM   #14
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
I think we're all a little bit 'scene' somewhere deep down inside. Whatever that means.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 12:08 PM   #15
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
scene, no scene, if it's a hot girl, approach her-- later you can figure out if she's a dumbass or just an interesting person trying to be different but tapping into the wrong source.... then you can amaze her with your impressive record collection and fuck her all night listening to syr6--or better, 16 bitch pileup
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 12:16 PM   #16
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
yeah i know lot's of emo girls with the worst taste of music and yet they're hot! Most of these persons are pretty cool (atleast the ones i know) and i just try to get them into other bands
Old 04.25.2006, 05:52 PM   #17
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
A bunch of people say I'm scene because my bangs fall into my eyes, but christ. That's it.

Emo people are horrible, but it's the kids in Abercrombie that talk about how much they love Fear Before The March Of Flames In Ashes Of Autumn In Siberia and wear eyeliner are the worst.
Old 04.25.2006, 07:12 PM   #18
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
Ripped-up jean skirts with black stockings underneath is probably the most original look ever.
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 07:19 PM   #19
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski

hahahah!!!! you get reps for that!

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 07:31 PM   #20
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
there's a bunch of scenesters in my town. it seems as if it happened overnight. a bunch of kids saw garden state and heard the postal service now they're all "teh kingz and queenz of teh scene!" but they don't know anything about music outside of the indie that's borderline mainstream (decemberists, deathcab, and all that other garbage) and don't bother to try and expose themselves to any music that's really worth a damn. that's what's wrong with "teh scene."

but i still think girl pants are comfortable, though.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth