Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What TV are you watching (live, dvd, etc.)?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.18.2017, 11:48 AM   #1401
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Just read the planned synopsis for episode one of the new series. Apparently the new doctor crashes the TARDIS looking for a parking space then gets in a mood.

That's either a hilarious joke or a terrifying reality.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2017, 11:51 AM   #1402
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
okay, i saw both pertwee and baker and i think i confused both their faces ha ha ha. i thought the one was the older version of the other. bha ha haa.

SO. genesis on the daleks is not on netflix, but i've queued up an earlier story, THE DALEK INVASION OF EARTH.

it's from 1964 and not your favorite doctor and *i know it's gonna be clunky as fuck and look like shit* but i'm willing to go for the archeology of the thing. it's the earliest dalek title i could find available.

i did find ARK IN SPACE though! i've queued it up also. and THE DEADLY ASSASSIN as well. 1974 + 1976.

Netflix used to have EVERYTHING. It was AWESOME. From the first episode to the most recent season of the 2004- show (excluding, perhaps, the 1996 TV-movie which I haven't seen which features fucking ERIC ROBERTS!) A couple of years back they removed everything but the reboots, and it pissed me the fuck off.

Eta: Oh yah, you do DVD, not steaming. So they probably still have "classic" Who available that way. And if you're starting with early episodes, keep in mind how little funding they had, and how they faced a challenge in transforming one soundstage into the entire universe. They became quite good at it actually, and the show's writing had to rise to the occasion as a result.

There is certainly a lot to be gained from watching those early episodes.

Just don't stop with the new ones!
Old 07.18.2017, 01:50 PM   #1403
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
the old stuff is in discs yeah

but amazon has all the new shit to stream, and that's where im getting it

streaming is great for convenience, but mail has more titles due to the first-sale doctrine which precludes the need to negotiate rental rights

ETA: you could rent "britbox" for a month and watch all 600 or so episodes. quite the marathon: http://sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthr...=40798&page=71
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2017, 02:01 PM   #1404
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
lol sorry that was the wrong link
Old 07.18.2017, 02:02 PM   #1405
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Doctor Huh?

Rob Instigator is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2017, 02:10 PM   #1406
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

uh-huh...
Old 07.18.2017, 02:12 PM   #1407
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

anyway here's the link ha ha ha http://nerdist.com/classic-doctor-wh...ing-exclusive/
Old 07.18.2017, 02:13 PM   #1408
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Literotica has quite a lot of slash fiction abut the Good Doctor..... https://tags.literotica.com/doctor%20who

Old 07.18.2017, 06:40 PM   #1409
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Literotica has quite a lot of slash fiction abut the Good Doctor..... https://tags.literotica.com/doctor%20who

Goddammit Rob.

ETA: Wrong thread. We have another place where we discuss the fringe sci-fi you're not reading.
Old 07.18.2017, 07:39 PM   #1410
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

if that britbox has offline access i might try it for a month or two
Old 07.19.2017, 08:42 AM   #1411
ilduclo
expwy. to yr skull

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Jodie Whitaker...hmm, well, I hope the writers are replaced as well..
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2017, 08:54 AM   #1412
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

imagine if they made the Doctor a half-jamaican, half-arab woman!

Old 07.19.2017, 09:30 AM   #1413
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

man, red oaks is getting so good

soderbergh is exec producer for the series and the episode i watched today was directed by hal hartley

entertaining and nothing heavy but fucking great
Old 07.19.2017, 09:36 AM   #1414
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
I hope the writers are replaced as well..
Moffatt is standing down as producr and being replaced by Chris Chibnall so I imagine new writers will come in.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2017, 09:39 AM   #1415
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Watched the first 2 eps of Young Pope on the HBO. weird.

Old 07.19.2017, 10:16 AM   #1416
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Watched the first 2 eps of Young Pope on the HBO. weird.

Oh! I fucking LOVED that! Keep watching. It really is like House of Cards in Twin Peaks version of the Vatican. Doesn't get any less weird, but I gobbled that shit right up!
Old 07.19.2017, 10:18 AM   #1417
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Moffatt is standing down as producr and being replaced by Chris Chibnall so I imagine new writers will come in.

And Chibnall worked on Broadchurch (sooooo fucking dour!) with Whittaker (who was pretty much loathsome, but maybe that was just her character?).

He also worked on Torchwood, which makes me think we might actually be getting a much darker Doctor.
Old 07.19.2017, 12:13 PM   #1418
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know much about him but I hope he'll be an improvement on Moffatt, who started OK, I think, but ended up moving too close to comedy with Capaldi.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.19.2017, 07:29 PM   #1419
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
I don't know much about him but I hope he'll be an improvement on Moffatt, who started OK, I think, but ended up moving too close to comedy with Capaldi.

Have you seen the most recent season?

I ended up really liking Capaldi. Didn't at first, but he grew on me. Plus he looks quite a bit like Brady now that he's older.

Anyway, the most recent season had some dreary moments for sure. The scope was fairly cinematic, and the ratio of winner episodes to duds was high (xmas special and "Smile" were the only real duds). I really enjoyed it. And I think Moffatt has fairly good instincts when it comes to big, season-spanning story arcs.

Seriously, Missy is probably the best new addition to the show in years.

Broadchurch is a good show (Tennant! Also the chick who played Gwen in Torchwood plays an altogether loathsome sociopath) but the tone is sooooo fucking dour. Like it's setting out to rip you a new emotional asshole by forcing you to enoathize with the worst fucking people, and the only good folks are constantly raked over the coals. It's rough I tells ya!
61686970 71
-->

All content 2006 Sonic Youth