Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Pavement Reveal 'Quarantine The Past' Tracklisting
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.27.2010, 04:23 AM   #21
raging_nelly
stalker

raging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's assesraging_nelly kicks all y'all's asses
I think this gives a pretty good idea of what sort of stuff theyl be playing when they start gigging again.

www.myspace.com/myboyslashmygirl

www.dischordmusic.blogspot.com

raging_nelly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.27.2010, 10:20 AM   #22
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax Americana
I don't get the hate for 'Cut Your Hair' though, .

Personally, I guess its cuz during the 90's I listened to A LOT of Pavement, and those were some halcyon days of tape trading...I collected at least 100 shows on cassette, so I listened to these shows literally 100's of times, never mind listening to the records - and Cut Your Hair got really irritating after the 500th time - but the other songs have held up. But I tend to prefer late period Pavement over the earlier stuff. Brighten the Corners was their best IMO. And everyone disagrees with that.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.27.2010, 10:41 AM   #23
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
Brighten the Corners was their best IMO. And everyone disagrees with that.
you're not alone.
Old 01.27.2010, 11:12 AM   #24
matt g
bad moon rising

matt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's assesmatt g kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedrex
you're not alone.

...and then there were 3
matt g is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.27.2010, 07:41 PM   #25
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
Personally, I guess its cuz during the 90's I listened to A LOT of Pavement, and those were some halcyon days of tape trading...I collected at least 100 shows on cassette, so I listened to these shows literally 100's of times, never mind listening to the records - and Cut Your Hair got really irritating after the 500th time - but the other songs have held up. But I tend to prefer late period Pavement over the earlier stuff. Brighten the Corners was their best IMO. And everyone disagrees with that.

BTC has been my second favorite forever.... In some says it beats out Slanted for me, but I think Slanted has more sentimental value to it for me.

~Jeremy~

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.29.2010, 07:01 PM   #26
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Hmm, nice I guess. I would've much preferred to see Type Slowly and Starlings of the Slipstream instead of Embassy Row and Date with IKEA. As well as Perfume-V instead of Two States. I guess they felt that had to put some Spiral tracks in there.

Unseen Power was kind of a cool choice, wouldn't have expected that one. I wish Nail Clinic had made it. That's one of my favorites in their whole catalog.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.29.2010, 07:05 PM   #27
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
I like Two States personally! I don't get how "Heaven Is A Truck" got on there, though.
Old 01.31.2010, 05:28 PM   #28
exploding plastic candle
children of satan

exploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard suckaexploding plastic candle cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
transport is arranged is a fucking naptime at the indie rockers old folks home track. fuck that shit. a compilation needs to RAWK

Transport is Arranged is a tasty rawk sandwich. Some nice pillowy bread with a juicy slab of rawk in the middle.
Let's bathe in a cup of dreams and share in a saucy toast
exploding plastic candle is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.31.2010, 07:15 PM   #29
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
OMG! It's a compilation that tries to condense a band into one disc, and we all disagree over the tracklisting. Some of us think "________" should have made the cut. Others think "____________" doesn't belong on there. Who would have guessed it?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth