Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Circle Takes the Square
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.22.2006, 10:47 AM   #1
Confusion is Dante
little trouble girl

Confusion is Dante has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Anyone listen to this band? I'm infatuated with their sound.....which is extremely hard to describe.
Their music is very aggressive at times, and very serene at times. The influences I hear in their music range from hardcore to classical, to free-flowing jazz.
All of their lyrics is pure poetry.........
I highly recommend this band to anyone with a taste for unusual music......In a way, they are similar to Sonic Youth in the fact that they defy categorization........
If you haven't heard them......look them up.
If you have........what do you think???

My bough never breaks, I don't stumble into anything
Confusion is Dante is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2006, 10:50 AM   #2
Gulasch Noir
the end of the ugly

Gulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's asses
The first album by them i listened to was alotus - and i was blown away. It's a fucking masterpiece. I listened to 2, 3 other albums, but i didn't like them as much. What are albums by circle that come up with the same energy as alotus? I think i liked the repetitve style a lot.
Gulasch Noir is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2006, 10:51 AM   #3
Gulasch Noir
the end of the ugly

Gulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's assesGulasch Noir kicks all y'all's asses
just realized you may be talking about a different band. meus culpus.
Gulasch Noir is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2006, 10:52 AM   #4
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Gulasch: he means a band called "circle takes the square"

i haven't heard them, though
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2006, 10:55 AM   #5
Confusion is Dante
little trouble girl

I don't know if we're talking about the same band, Gulasch.....
Circle Takes The Square has one EP, one LP........and they did a split EP with a band called Pg.99.
EP is self titled.
LP is called 'As the Roots Undo'........

Old 04.22.2006, 10:56 AM   #6
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Circle Takes the Square (often abbreviated CTTS) is a mathcore/post-hardcore band from Savannah, Georgia, USA. The band formed in 2001 as a four piece and after their first two releases they lost a guitarist but gained another in late 2004. What listeners tend to notice first about the band is the loud screaming of both male and female vocals that often function in a kind of call and response. Skillful, chaotic drumming coupled with intense, highly technical bass/guitar work have served to separate the band from most others in the genre. Highly diverse song structures (from meditative, droning intros to crushing choruses) have also assisted in carving their unique niche. The band completed a tour of the UK in mid-2004. The band has done a lot of West Coast tours, and is currently doing a West Coast tour (as of February 2006).

They sound like they could be good.
Any chance of a YSI?
Or are there songs on their official website?
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2006, 11:01 AM   #7
Confusion is Dante
little trouble girl

At their website......you can watch footage from shows, but the sound quality isn't that good. If you download from Limewire, or any other file-sharing programs.....you'd be sure to find at least a few by them....
I may be able to YSI some samples.........

Old 04.22.2006, 11:18 AM   #8
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Don't like it all. Sounds to much like metal. I hate metal music.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2006, 11:21 AM   #9
Johan
empty page

Johan has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Awesome band... portraits of past is better though
Johan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.22.2006, 11:27 AM   #10
Confusion is Dante
little trouble girl

Portraits of Past?
I'll have to check them out........

Old 04.22.2006, 12:52 PM   #11
Confusion is Dante
little trouble girl

I'm liking Portraits of Past's music, Johan........The vocals are buried, though. I'm listening to 'Implications of a Sinkhole Personality'........Are all their vocals buried underthe music???
I'm finding the same to be true about 'Snicker, Snicker'........
I'm just totally in love with Circle Takes the Square......

Old 05.14.2006, 04:26 PM   #12
Confusion is Dante
little trouble girl

Shit! I guess nobody likes this band but me......
Everybody should like this band.

Old 05.14.2006, 04:27 PM   #13
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Meh. Boring band.
Old 05.14.2006, 04:38 PM   #14
Confusion is Dante
little trouble girl

How so?? How are they boring???
I like the way they throw jazz, math rock, and classical influences into their otherwise hardcore sound. Male/female vocalists that spiral around each other from time to time.............

Old 05.14.2006, 05:35 PM   #15
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
It just isn't interesting. I can play hardcore with a drum machine and that isn't interesting. Same goes for mixing any two genres just to seem 'innovative'.

Listen to the Chariot instead. Way better 'hardcore' band.
Old 05.14.2006, 07:28 PM   #16
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Decent.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth