Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Kim Gordon Sounds Off
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.23.2013, 06:55 PM   #41
badgercorn
bad moon rising

badgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's assesbadgercorn kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
And by the way, how the fuck do we get to the second page without anyone mentioning "Sleeping Around?" It's always been a "bad" song musically speaking, now it's a "bad" song ethically.

Had a look at the Sonicology section and they seemed to abruptly stop playing Sleeping Around in 2006.

I'm giving them some credit - no fucking way would they write a song so blatant and simplistic ABOUT this situation. Given what Kim said in the Elle interview though, it certainly would have been inappropriate to play it past a certain point.
badgercorn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.23.2013, 07:19 PM   #42
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
So Kim G. finally comes out only to let everyone know what most smart folk already speculated. How many people cheat? Most. Thurston's cool, whatever. I don't care. It's about music + not what the musicians do behind the scenes. If this were the case, the world should rightfully despise the likes of any Kurt Cobain/etc.

For many years the history of a great band relied mostly on where they were and what they were doing as musicians. Now this shit. Thanks. Guess it had to happen at some point. Interesting the most quiet member of the band is the one now w/ the most vocal control. That said, I support her right to say whatever she chooses. I imagine it hurt quite a bit. Blah
Old 04.24.2013, 01:47 AM   #43
skully
empty page

skully kicks all y'all's assesskully kicks all y'all's assesskully kicks all y'all's assesskully kicks all y'all's assesskully kicks all y'all's assesskully kicks all y'all's assesskully kicks all y'all's assesskully kicks all y'all's assesskully kicks all y'all's assesskully kicks all y'all's assesskully kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
So Kim G. finally comes out only to let everyone know what most smart folk already speculated. How many people cheat? Most. Thurston's cool, whatever. I don't care. It's about music + not what the musicians do behind the scenes. If this were the case, the world should rightfully despise the likes of any Kurt Cobain/etc.
skully is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2013, 02:05 AM   #44
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by whorefrost

Yuck. He went all High Fidelity behind Kim's back.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2013, 04:25 AM   #45
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
i read it yesterday and it just felt like an honest piece. and what more do you want from a person.
it has some great quotes, that makes me say ' i love her'.
thats all. i mean, i dont feel the need to add anything more on the subject. i even will have to force myself to say to my friends 'we know now why they separated'.
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2013, 07:42 AM   #46
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by whorefrost

yeah but we need to know :-)

you see why the Bible tells us to not cheat! It destroys lives. Or at least bands.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2013, 07:43 AM   #47
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
what is so fucking hilarious about that jezebel article are all the women in the comments section complaining about "slut shaming." so apparently slut shaming is when you cheat with someone and destroy their marriage and have to suffer the indignity of other people KNOWING about it. there are even people saying "as someone who has been called a homewrecker before..." "its NEVER the womans fault!"

talk about fucking projection. the vibe i am getting from this daring site of celebrity gossip bitching - sorry - feminism is - "its everyone elses fault for making me feel the shame that i myself dont want to feel for my own actions."
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2013, 11:12 AM   #48
raiinking
little trouble girl

raiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's assesraiinking kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
what is so fucking hilarious about that jezebel article are all the women in the comments section complaining about "slut shaming." so apparently slut shaming is when you cheat with someone and destroy their marriage and have to suffer the indignity of other people KNOWING about it. there are even people saying "as someone who has been called a homewrecker before..." "its NEVER the womans fault!"

talk about fucking projection. the vibe i am getting from this daring site of celebrity gossip bitching - sorry - feminism is - "its everyone elses fault for making me feel the shame that i myself dont want to feel for my own actions."

Obviously something like this is always mutual. So it's equally not fair(and sexist) to say that she did this and he couldn't resist because he's a man. Or that he pursued it and she had no control over what she wanted.

I hope Kim is good throughout this whole 'wake of the Elle interview'. I'm glad she was so honest- but if this were me- I could see myself regretting saying as much as I did once it published and went everywhere(which is sorta natural- and the regret would often(as it is in this case) be totally unwarranted.

This whole thing has been really bizarre. I used to comb books about them hoping I would find the dirt but never would. And that has been a huge part of how fascinating they are to me. As well known as they are- they have maintained a publicly aloof, distant quality. I could never be as overly familiar as I would want with who they were and that kept an air of mystery about this band. It's still there for sure- but when the news first dropped about the separation and the possible hiatus- like most other people I felt devastated. Soon I had to confront my own celebrity obsession and say - non of this is my business. Although I love them- their music- their public persona. They guided me through music. I felt like they and John Waters are the people that culturally raised me.
but I do not know them.

this is a problem I'm still kinda dwelling on.

When Kim said in that article that she had a lumpectomy- that's when I got really shocked. This person that I think so much of was going through this shit and I had no idea.- and there i go again- I have no right to know. I've never even spoken to her other than the usual "I LOVE YOU KIM" at a show. Why do i feel like i should know? I really shouldn't.
raiinking is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2013, 12:16 PM   #49
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
The latest post on the Chelsea Light Moving facebook page seems... i dunno.

with the photo it states: "Move forward with your Life" and a pic of Eva Prinz holding a fan with "OCCUPY Royality" in magik marker on it, isn't she still married to that nephew er whatever of Dutch Royality? as according to 'Jezebel' sources she is in an "open marriage" hence the ongoing relationship with T. ...i dunno, whatever. pretty sad all this shit gets dragged out in the open now. ugh, wtf.

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2013, 12:55 PM   #50
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
The latest post on the Chelsea Light Moving facebook f.

you know the rule, if you're on facebook, you're not underground.
Old 04.24.2013, 01:31 PM   #51
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
you know the rule, if you're on facebook, you're not underground.

and therefore if you are underground in today's world you are out of the loop. i primarily use facebook for keeping in touch w/ local events and the such, other than that its quite shit.

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2013, 02:36 PM   #52
tesla69
Banned

Quote:
and therefore if you are underground in today's world you are out of the loop. i primarily use facebook for keeping in touch w/ local events and the such, other than that its quite shit.

I just think its amusing that all these wanna be noise bands use the CIA/NSA front to promote themselves yet consider themselves 'underground'.

for example, I just tried to see more about this event at 485 Kent
Masaki Batoh presents BRAIN PULSE MUSIC: A Live Installation and Performance

but I have to be registered with fb to see it - so that the intelligence agencies can record that I looked at it and then the ad agencies can start pitching shit at me they think is related - oh, he likes music so he'll love the latest Taylor Swift ad.
Old 04.24.2013, 04:43 PM   #53
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
I just think its amusing that all these wanna be noise bands use the CIA/NSA front to promote themselves yet consider themselves 'underground'.

for example, I just tried to see more about this event at 485 Kent
Masaki Batoh presents BRAIN PULSE MUSIC: A Live Installation and Performance

but I have to be registered with fb to see it - so that the intelligence agencies can record that I looked at it and then the ad agencies can start pitching shit at me they think is related - oh, he likes music so he'll love the latest Taylor Swift ad.

there are worse things in the world

TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2013, 06:08 PM   #54
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Kim Gordon ‏@KimletGordon 9h Is it completely cheesy to do a mass thank u for all the good vibes sent my way from you all ? Thank you I'm blown away X

Kim Gordon ‏@KimletGordon 4h
Much love for Elaine Kahn
Old 04.24.2013, 06:38 PM   #55
TheMadcapLaughs
100%

TheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's assesTheMadcapLaughs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
wrong!!! i've never cheated nor have i gone out with a girl that cheated on me. so no, most people don't cheat even though it's becoming very acceptable in this *cough* day and age*cough*.

i did date women that were cheating on boyfriends with me, but soon they went back to theeir orginal boyfucks then back agian to me. i don't consider that cheating, just confusion among shallow confused women. we know most women are craxy evil and stupid, but we just don't want to admit it because we want to fuck em.

a bloody busted nose always sets them straight.

that's beautiful, is that from the second sex or something?

TheMadcapLaughs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2013, 09:11 PM   #56
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
from one musician to another (I guess I'm right about O'Rourke) then Dutch royality and another musician...

I get the feeling that Ms Prinz will move on eventually, and Thurston will regret leaving Kim. I've seen it happen before (I'm getting old too...), older men ditching their significant others for "younger hipper chicks"... doesn't seem to work out long term in most cases, time will tell.

dudes with large record collections always regret leaving their wife. if ms. prinz is not around for a while to help him pay to replace the 90% of his collection he loses he's gonna be as sorry as fuck.

which serves him right for leaving a punk princess for an actual princess, selllllout

i see the point of complaining about slut shaming in the article, e.p. "worms" her way into the bands innercircle makes it sound like some psycho conspiracy to ruin kim's life. they don't sound very judgemental about thurston, he's portrayed as just some dumb old man who's pathetic midlife crisis is making him blind to the fact that kim is the best person ever and evil succubus eva is just no good. i think if the wife was anyone but kim gordon no jezebel writer would ever venture to say a woman is to blame lol
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2013, 10:40 PM   #57
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
thurston must be a massive cunt if he's leaving the single coolest, most beautiful woman in human history.
guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2013, 12:45 AM   #58
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
wrong!!! i've never cheated nor have i gone out with a girl that cheated on me. so no, most people don't cheat even though it's becoming very acceptable in this *cough* day and age*cough*.

i did date women that were cheating on boyfriends with me, but soon they went back to theeir orginal boyfucks then back agian to me. i don't consider that cheating, just confusion among shallow confused women. we know most women are craxy evil and stupid, but we just don't want to admit it because we want to fuck em.

a bloody busted nose always sets them straight.
Maybe not sexually, but everyone has engaged in some form of dishonesty when it comes to someone else. It's no different. We are creatures of procreation and despite anything society tells us, we are here to fuck. It's what we do. The whole concept of one marriage/1 partner is a bit silly. The only thing wrong with cheating...the only thing...is the lies that sometimes come along with it. People need to get over all this "we're spiritually connected beings meant to be together" garbage. Things don't work like that. Not in real life, anyway.

The only thing annoying about this whole ordeal to me is how shocking it's been to others. People act like Kim and Thurston are their parents for crying out loud. A 27 year run is a mighty long time. I'm willing to bet so few here have been in a relationship that long (speaking of the few old enough to have been). It's 2012. Most everyone gets divorced, most everyone get's cheated on...including Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore. Big whoop.

And as far as dating women who end up dating others and coming back to fuck their exes...lol. Holy shit I DO NOT miss small town Georgia. Even though I must admit sex with exes can sometimes be quite amazing.
Old 04.25.2013, 01:32 AM   #59
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
i dont' agree with you at all. the concept of marriage is a test to humanity and the individual in all. fuck religion. not everyone cheats and yr just saying that most people agree with polygamy and don't accept anything that has to do with monogamy which would make us just a butch of fucking animals with no feelings of love or caring feelings for the one we care about. which is just fucking crazy and nuts. animalistic sex can equal love more so than rape you know. you want to fuck a lot of bitches for what?....your male ego? when you and i know that's a waste of time.

it's just total useless bullshit you speak. i believe one person should spend the rest of their life with one person because it works out that way without anyone else getting hurt. it's all the same and if you don't think so then yr just fucking crazy and nuts and think in an unrealistic way.

In the larger scheme of things, sex and love have little to do with each other. Most sex isn't based around legit love, and I think most would agree with that. Also, it's not uncommon to truly love someone you no longer have interest in having sex with. This is often where cheating comes into play. While open relationships are often frowned upon by those who are opposed to them (which, are most people), it seems most who are involved in open relationships are very open with each other on a level most relationships aren't. Most aren't even comfortable talking about having sex with others or previous sexual exploits...which is totally sad and lame.

Life's not about tests, man. Whose doing the testing? Whose doing the grading? Ourselves? We ARE a bunch of animals.

And the fact that I've been with several woman, as have most men my age, has nothing to do with ego. Sex is nice...experiencing different people is on par with experiencing a different place. New scents, new scenery, new conversations, new vibes...it's a good thing. Most women aren't the same in bed. I'd assume most men aren't, either. Why experience just one?
Old 04.25.2013, 02:38 AM   #60
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
Perhaps, but that's not necessarily the same thing as cheating on someone in a serious relationship, especially deceiving someone you've been with for an extensive amount of time. I find it odious that your posts on this thread are condoning the act itself, and only because you feel that most people do it. If that's true, then it sure says something about most individuals. I don't have malice against someone who has cheated before, but it kind of irks me if that same person were to continue doing it because, well, who gives a fuck? we'll all do it because all we want to do is fuck anyways!

You know I'm sort of joking, but I just don't identify with what you're saying. If I'm no longer enjoying the proximity, I'd respect the person enough to talk to them about it instead of lying and cheating on them. I merely feel like you're devaluing the other person's emotions because in the end, it isn't imperative. And for what it's worth, I think that if having sex is the predominant concern, it would rapidly get boring at some point for me. I just can't see myself sleeping with someone who I don't find desirable enough to continue seeing, or without emotional investment. It seems like a waste, and it's insipidly vacuous and empty to me if that's all there is for the rest of my life.

With that said, I couldn't care less about this story. I have no particular desire to learn about what happened.

Condoning the act? I'm not condoning it. I made it clear that cheating is wrong, but only in the way that it's a lie. Also, I haven't picked the ordeal apart the way some of you clearly have (I prefer Sonic Youth's music to their personal lives), but the article with Kim didn't seem littered with juicy details. She found a text, they sought counseling, he continued to see the woman. I don't even know Thurston's side of the story. Whose to say something didn't lead to him feeling the need to have an affair in the first place? Probably not the case, but I can assure ya no one posting in this thread knows. And for good reason...it's none of your business.

And cheating does say something about most individuals. It's celebrated all over modern film, television, music. Cheating is sort of the new taboo as far as I can tell. Again, I don't think it's "OK", but it's reality. America will be better off when it opens it's mind toward the fact that people want and are going to have sex with more than one person and accepts that for what it is. It doesn't mean you love someone less. Again, it's only cheating if you lie about it.

And you're young and a bit inexperienced/etc....but I can assure you friend, anyone that has been with the same person for 3+ years and says they find their partner just as interesting and sexually satisfying as they did when they met is lying. Why do people watch porn? Do most people that watch porn only watch the same porn star over and over and over and over? Probably not. I definitely don't.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth